EA Sports’ FC 24 players are in for another treat this week with yet-another new promo gracing Ultimate Team. The newly-announced FC 24 Triple Threat promo will see three players from six different clubs get upgrades, with a hero rounding out each trio of upgraded cards. While they all look like they would be great additions to your squad, one player stands out from the rest: Yaya Toure. This Manchester City hero is finally joining the infamous ‘Gullit Gang’.
Following on from the new FC 24 Pundit Picks promo, EA Sports is introducing its players to Triple Threat – another new promo with slick upgraded cards to chase after. We know Ultimate Team promos aren’t necessarily what make FC 24 one of the best soccer games of all time, but it’s far from a bad thing to see EA Sports experiment a little more with Ultimate Team’s new content. It’s also very far from a bad thing to see one of the current FC 24 Heroes, Yaya Toure, finally join the ‘Gullit Gang’.
If you’re sitting there wondering what the ‘Gullit Gang’ actually is, it’s an unofficial list of players in EA Sports’ soccer games that have 80 or above for all six base stats: Pace, Passing, Shooting, Defending, Dribbling, and Physicality. These players are the ultimate all-rounders and a boon to any squad, regardless of their overall FC 24 rating. Although, they’re all pretty highly-rated given the fact they have over 80 in each base stat. With only a handful of players joining the 90-rated FC 24 Icon Ruud Gullit on this list (like Roberto Carlos, Lothar Matthaus, and Barcelona LB Fridolina Rolfo), it’s certainly an exclusive club to be in.
Now, though, you can add Yaya Toure to that list – thanks to the new Triple Threat promo. With 80 PAC, 84 SHO, 87 PAS, 85 DRI, 82 DEF, and 90 PHY, he’s going to be one of the best FC 24 CDM players available and a card anyone playing with a defensive formation shoud look to pick up. He’s also still going to benefit from Press Proven, one of the available FC 24 PlayStyles that improves his ability to keep control of the ball while under physical pressure from an opposing player.
So, if you find that you struggle to hold the ball in the middle of the pitch, this new Toure card is definitely one for you. As you can see from the above, though, he’s not the only one worth picking up. The full list of new Triple Threat promo cards are as follows:
- David Ginola – 90 OVR (Hero, Ligue 1)
- Fernando Morientes – 90 OVR (Hero, La Liga)
- Yaya Toure – 88 OVR (Hero, Premier League)
- Joe Cole – 88 OVR (Hero, Premier League)
- Sakina Karchaoui – 88 OVR (PSG, D1 Arkema)
- Jack Grealish – 88 OVR (Manchester City, Premier League)
- Thiago Alacantra – 87 OVR (Liverpool, Premier League)
- Sidney Govou – 87 OVR (Hero, Ligue 1)
- Dirk Kuyt – 87 OVR (Hero, Premier League)
- Delphine Cascarino – 87 OVR (OL, D1 Arkema)
- Dani Carvajal – 86 OVR (Real Madrid, La Liga)
- Alex Greenwood – 86 OVR (Manchester City, Premier League)
- Fran Kirby – 86 OVR (Chelsea, Premier League)
- Presnel Kimpembe – 86 OVR (PSG, Ligue 1)
- Conor Gallagher – 85 OVR (Chelsea, Premier League)
- Athenea del Castillo – 85 OVR (Real Madrid, Liga F)
- Maxence Caqueret – 84 OVR (OL, Ligue 1)
- Leanne Kiernan – 84 OVR (Liverpool, WSL)
These aren’t going to be the cheapest FC 24 players for SBCs, but they’re all going to be worth keeping an eye out for. Kiernan and Athenea are quick, and Morientes is going to be one of the best FC 24 strikers in the game. Ginola, of course, is also well worth using; he has 91 PAC and 92 DRI, a killer combo for a LM.
If you want to prepare for the arrival of any of these Triple Threat players, you should check out our picks for the best FC 24 formations at the moment. It’s also worth making sure you’re using the best FC 24 settings and options – this is an easy way to up your game without any new players.