How do you beat the Remnant 2 Nightweaver boss? This foe is a potential world boss in Losomn, the game’s first zone. Our guide discusses how to encounter this enemy, its abilities during both phases and tips to defeat it and take it down, moving on to the next area.
Whether you are on PS5, Xbox Series X|S, or PC, the boss will be one of the creepiest encounters, especially in Losomn itself. The game has several zones, filled with tough enemies and other bosses, including the final boss at the end of the game. But here we have tips to beat the Nightweaver from our Remnant 2 review.
How to beat the Nightweaver boss in Remnant 2
To beat the Nightweaver in Remnant 2, you want to:
- Collect the three Stone-carved Dolls – These quest items are required to reach the Nightweaver’s realm.
- Acquire the Nightweaver Stone Doll and Dreamcatcher – You can pick up a unique weapon along the way.
- Memorize her abilities for Phase 1 – Take note of the boss’ abilities so you don’t waste all your Relic charges and consumables during the first phase.
- Watch out for her grab attacks during Phase 2 – The cramped corridors and interiors could spell your doom if you’re not careful.
- Attempt the alternate kill method by destroying her heart – This also nets a different reward, which we detail later in our Remnant 2 Nightweaver guide.
The Nightweaver boss is part of two main quests in the Losomn region: Strange Web and The Nightweaver. You follow this path if you arrive in Morrow Parish, and you hear someone talking about the Nightweaver as you approach the Asylum’s gates.
You can’t enter the yards just yet, as you have to take the long way around. You’ll battle enemy mobs and minibosses, as well as acquire some nifty loot, especially if you solved the Remnant 2 Sewer safe code and the Remnant 2 Morrow Parish safe code.
Collect the Stone-carved Dolls
Once you reach the Asylum, Morrow Sanitorium, you’ll need to collect three Stone-carved Dolls. They’re found in the following locations:
- Behind a shelf in the first-floor study.
- Along the side of the front yard next to some rubble.
- Behind some white curtains in the large room on the third floor.
Obtain the Nightweaver Stone Doll and Dreamcatcher
After you obtain all three, head to the basement. Inside one of the cells, you’ll hear a woman speaking. Choose to offer the three dolls to her, whereupon she’ll sing a jingle. It happens to be the clue to unlock the Asylum safe we mentioned above.
Moreover, if you choose to open the door, a spirit will fly away into the unknown. Check the cell and pick up the Nightweaver Stone Doll.
Your journey will eventually take you to the Shattered Gallery dungeon, where you’ll battle a boss called Magister Dullain. He drops the Soulkey Tribute quest item. Upon returning to the basement, place the Soulkey Tribute in the web-filled growth. This completes the Strange Web main quest. Moreover, it transports you to a shadow realm.
Take a look in the nearby cell (the one next to where the woman was in the “normal” world), and use the Nightweaver Stone Doll. This nets you the Dreamcatcher, a melee weapon that has the Dreamwave mod. After dealing 250 damage, charged attacks will release a Dreamwave that flows outward, applying slow to all enemies, as well as a damage and movement speed buff for your character. Apart from its damage and effects, the Dreamcatcher is also used to unlock the Remnant 2 Invader class.
Nightweaver Phase 1
In the shadow realm, head past the woman’s cell and go upstairs. This takes you back to the front yard, except this time, the Nightweaver is waiting for you. The Remnant 2 Nightweaver boss has the following abilities during the first phase:
- Ice Crystals – Her most frequently used spell creates several ice crystals that home in on your location. This can also be cast twice in succession. You can either move sideways or dodge to avoid getting hit.
- Shadow Rain – Her other spell creates multiple globules that fly outward in an arc. Just dodge carefully to avoid them, too.
- Claw Swipe and Dive Bomb – These two moves are done in quick succession. When she rears up, she’ll start clawing at the ground while moving toward you. Ideally, you’ll want to dodge toward her so you don’t get hit. Then, just a second later, dodge once more since she’ll crash down on the ground.
- Beetle Bomber Summon – Once you’ve dealt enough damage, she’ll summon Beetle Bombers that explode on contact. Shoot them from further away to avoid hassles.
The first phase of the Nightweaver boss fight is quite manageable, especially once you understand her patterns. However, we advise using consumables and reloading only when the coast is clear. Her projectiles and melee attacks have fast animations, but her summoning animation gives you a bit of breathing room.
Nightweaver Phase 2
After fully depleting the Nightweaver’s HP, make sure to grab ammo packs on the ground immediately. That’s because you’ll get teleported to the interior of the Asylum in just a few seconds.
- The second phase of the Remnant 2 Nightweaver boss battle is significantly tougher due to the location. Morrow Sanatorium has narrow corridors, so it’s not advisable to run around. Instead, we suggest fighting your opponent in the lobby area. Here are the things that you need to watch out for:
- Melee Swipes – The Nightweaver’s melee attacks consist of (a) a slow forward lunge, (b) two slow swipes, and (c) a single turning swipe, followed by her homing Ice Crystals.
- Wall-Eeeek! – The Nightweaver periodically disappears from view. When this occurs, do not go near the walls. She will grab and slice your character repeatedly. You won’t be able to break away from this either and, as such, your character could die if they’re low on HP.
- Beetle Bomber Summon – If the Nightweaver is nowhere to be found, she’ll likely reappear on the ceiling. You can shoot her if you wish, or you could focus on the Beetle Bombers that will spawn.
- Lifesteal Rend – Once she’s below 50% HP, she’ll have an animation that’s akin to a slow turn. This is followed by a grab attack that drains your life to restore hers.
The Remnant 2 Nightweaver boss fight reaches a fever pitch at this stage, especially if you’re low on ammo or Relic charges. Play it safe and take note of her attack patterns. Also, avoid the Lifesteal Rend at all costs. Not only will she replenish her HP, but you’ll also be prevented from healing while you’re being pinned down.
Defeating the Nightweaver nets you the Cursed Dream Silks. This material can be used to craft the Nightfall, a long gun that has the following features:
- Damage: 31
- RPS: 5
- Magazine: 10
- Mod: Dreadwalker – Activating the mod gives Nightfall infinite ammo, 10% lifesteal, 35% fire rate, and full-automatic fire, all while making you harder to hit while moving. However, you can’t use other weapons or skills during its 10-second duration.
The Nightfall, at this stage of the campaign, is quite decent, and we feel that it’s also one of the best Remnant 2 weapons in the game.
How to defeat the Nightweaver in Remnant 2 with the alternate kill method
The Remnant 2 Nightweaver alternate kill method involves destroying her heart while she’s summoning the Beetle Bombers during the first phase of the encounter. To do this wait for her summoning animation and make sure you unload with your firearms, which guarantee critical hits.
The biggest problem you might encounter here is that shooting her heart also prevents you from killing any Beetle Bombers that spawn, and they will explode if they get too close. If you manage to do this successfully, the Nightweaver will no longer do her summoning ability during the second phase of the fight. Instead, she’ll spawn Beetle Bombers whenever she emerges from the floor.
Completing the Nightweaver alternate kill method in Remnant 2 nets you the Nightweaver’s Finger, which can be used to craft the Nightshade. This melee weapon has the following features:
- Damage: 47
- Critical hit chance: 18%
- Weak spot damage: 110%
- Stagger modifier: -20%
- Mod: Beyond the Veil – Neutral Evade turns to mist, granting this weapon 5% base damage as lifesteal for five seconds. Doing a perfect dodge doubles this duration to 10 seconds.
With the Remnant 2 Nightweaver boss down, you can continue through your playthrough, defeating even more bosses and picking up some of the best Remnant 2 weapons, best Remnant 2 amulets, and best Remnant 2 rings in the process. You can also find our top guides in our Remnant 2 walkthrough article.