We are off to Neomuna and if you are a Titan then you have a brand new power and subclass waiting for you in Destiny 2. Utilising the new Darkness element, Strand, the Destiny 2 Titan Strand subclass Berserker will turn you into an unstoppable animal tearing through your enemies.
As we assist the Destiny 2 Cloudstriders and put an end to Callus’ and the Witness’ forces the Berserker will undoubtedly be a big shakeup for the class. It will offer new opportunities and options, alongside being able to move faster than ever thanks to the grapple which is a part of the Destiny 2 Strand subclass for each class. Check out a deep dive into how the Berserker plays in Destiny 2 below.
Destiny 2 Titan Strand subclass Berserker
Destiny 2’s Titan Strand Subclass, the Berserkers include the following abilities:
- Frenzied Blade (melee): Dash forward and slash at enemies with your arm blades up to three times, severing enemies in the process
- Grapple, Shackle Grenade, Threadling Grenade (grenade): Swing around and grab anywhere in the world, throw a grenade that splits into three, or suspend a group of enemies into the air
- Bladefury (super): Dual-wield blades and tear through enemies with slashes or a powerful uppercut that seeks out enemies. The more you attack the faster your attacks become.
The Berserker will also have access to the following Aspects:
- Into the Fray: Destroying a Tangle weaves Woven Mail unto the Titan and nearby allies. In addition to reducing damage taken, this Aspect also increases the Titan’s melee energy regeneration while wearing Woven Mail.
- Drengr’s Lash: When the Titan casts their class ability, the Titan will blast forward a powerful ripple in reality, suspending enemies that are caught in the shockwave’s path.
Bungie recently changed the name of the Titan subclass from Tyrant to Berserker. The reasons for the change are clear in the description, as you will be tearing through enemies with this subclass.
It’s not hard to imagine what Strand will bring to the Titans in Destiny 2 Lightfall. It’s going to be new ways to punch stuff, isn’t it? Well, actually, yes and no. As with the other classes, the Titan will be able to utilise the Strand Grappling Hook in their grenade slot, so they’ll have the same access to the swift movement and aerial acrobatics as their lighter cousins.
We can even see that in the Strand gameplay trailer below:
As with the Hunter and Warlock subclasses, there is a lot to discover when it comes to the Destiny 2 Titan Strand subclass, the Berserker. So, be sure to jump in with Lightfall and upgrade the class, alongside grabbing some of the Destiny 2 Strand weapons and Destiny 2 Lightfall exotic weapons and Destiny 2 Lightfall exotic armour pieces.