This guide will take you through Destiny 2 Deterministic Chaos and how to get and unlock the weapon, so you can add yet another Exotic to your library. This Exotic machine gun boasts a unique power to boost its damage itself by landing consecutive shots, which when paired with Void means it is able to do a lot of damage.
So, if you have wrapped up the Destiny 2 Lightfall length and are looking for the next thing to chase, then Deterministic Chaos might be for you. It is one of several new Destiny 2 Lightfall exotics that look to shake up the game. So, if you want to find the next best thing in Destiny 2, this might be it.
Destiny 2 Deterministic Chaos perks and traits
Deterministic Chaos is a Destiny 2 heavy machine gun that deals void damage.
- Heavy Metal: While holding down the trigger, every fourth bullet becomes a heavy projectile that weakens targets on impact
- Vexadecimal: While holding down the trigger, every fourth Heavy Metal projectile also makes targets volatile on impact.
- Polygonal Rifling – Barrel optimised for recoil reduction. Improves stability.
- Ricochet Rounds – Rounds ricochet off hard surfaces. Improves stability and slightly increases range
- Composite Stock – This weapons has a versatile dual-purpose stock. Slightly increases stability. Slightly increases handling speed.
Its base stats include a slow fire rate and a 48-round magazine allowing you to precision target your opponents to get the most of the Traits and Perks.
How to get Destiny 2 Deterministic Chaos?
Deterministic Chaos in Destiny 2 can be unlocked and got by finishing the Unfinished Business quest which is unlocked upon finishing the Lightfall campaign and completing all the Destiny 2 Lightfall missions.
This quest is quite a lengthy one, sending you to collect Cipher qubits and Cloud Accretions, defeat Vex, complete the Thrilladrome Lost Sector, and more. You’ll also have to beat the unique ‘What Remains’ mission as the final step in the Unfinished Business quest. For a full walkthrough of it, check out our guide on the Destiny 2 Unfinished Business quest guide.
That covers everything you need to know about the Destiny 2 Deterministic Chaos weapon. For even more on the Destiny 2 Lightfall Exotic weapons be sure to check out our guide, and also our Destiny 2 Lightfall walkthrough guide for even more tips.