Pokémon Unite has 20 characters to learn and master at launch, although only a handful are useful in a supporting role.
Pokémon Unite sees two teams of five battle it out over multiple control points across a map – while players can also rack up points by defeating wild Pokémon roaming the field. If you’ve played other MOBAs like League of Legends or Dota, you’ll likely feel right at home, aside from some mechanical differences.
The 20 available characters at launch (including Zeraora who is available to players who login before 31 August) are split between five character classes: Attacker, Speedster, All-Rounder, Defender, and Supporter. The key to mastery is picking a roster with complimentary play-styles and abilities, so you can adapt to various situations across a match. You could just pick your favourite Pokémon too, we suppose, but where’s the team spirit in that?
Check out a full Pokémon Unite tier list over at Pocket Tactics, but here we’ll focus on ranking all the Supporters in Pokémon Unite from best to worst, and break down the Unite moves and playstyles of Eldegoss, Mr. Mime, and Wigglytuff.
Best Pokémon Unite Supporter
Eldegoss is the best Supporter in Pokémon Unite at the moment. Check out our full class rankings below:
- Offense: 1.5
- Endurance: 2
- Mobility: 2.5
- Scoring: 2.5
- Support: 4
- Leafage: Hits target and decreases their movement speed for short period
- Synthesis: Restores HP of user and nearby allies
- Pollen Puff: If attached to an ally, will restore health. Will deal damage if attached to an opponent
- Leaf Tornado: A tornado attack which leaves a path allies can use to increase movement speed
- Cotton Guard: Protects user and nearby allies, absorbs damage and restores HP once move ends
- Cotton Spore: Spores appear around user which reduce damage received. They burst after a short period, causing damage to enemies
Unite move: Cotton Cloud Crash
Eldegoss serves as a great entry-point into the Supporter class, with a vast range of moves designed to protect and buff allies. Its Unite move, Cotton Cloud Crash, sees Eldegoss float into the air to become invincible, and when used again pounds the ground to attack and shun enemies, while restoring HP to allies.
Eldegoss is not only easy to use, but is arguably the most useful and best Supporter in Pokémon Unite.
- Offense: 1
- Endurance: 2.5
- Mobility: 2.5
- Scoring: 2
- Support: 4.5
- Slap: Attacks numerous times, lowering enemy movement speed
- Defense Curl: Rolls to give itself a shield and knock back enemies it collides with
- Rollout: A roll which gives user a shield while damaging enemies and knocking them back
- Sing: A song that reduces movement speed of nearby enemies. They will be put to sleep if they don’t escape quick enough, lowering their Defense and Sp. Def
- Double Slap: Multiple attacks which lower movement speed of enemies
- Dazzling Gleam: A powerful light which deals damage to foes twice
Unite move: Starlight Recital
Of all the supporters, Wigglytuff is perhaps best suited for confrontation. It can slap and roll into enemies to keep them at bay, while protecting itself with shields. Its Unite move, Starlight Recital, protects Wigglytuff and nearby allies. It isn’t the best support character for restoration, but Wigglytuff can disrupt enemies with a range of irritating knockbacks.
3) Mr. Mime
- Offense: 1.5
- Endurance: 4
- Mobility: 1
- Scoring: 1.5
- Support: 4
Mr. Mime moves
- Fake Out: Slaps hands together to shove enemies in front of Mr. Mime
- Light Screen: Spawns a wall of light which stops enemies from passing
- Confusion: A ranged attack which shoots forwards, dealing damage to anyone in its path and shoving them
- Psychic: A telekinetic blast that damages all enemies caught up in it, while lowering their Sp. Def for a short period. May stun enemies if it hits more than once
- Barrier: A translucent wall which stops enemies from passing
- Guard Swap: Swaps the user’s Defense and Sp. Def stats with those of another when it hits. If swapped with an enemy, it deals damage to them over time and decreases movement speed, while boosting the user’s speed. Swapping with an ally increases their movement speed for a brief period
Unite move: Showtime
Mr. Mime is a master manipulator on the field, who can swap stats around and create walls to funnel enemies down certain paths. Its Unite move, Showtime, is a bizarre mime dance which stuns all opponents in the surrounding area. Mr. Mime is a very situational Supporter, and as a result ranks bottom of our list.
For our breakdowns of the other classes in Pokémon Unite, check out the following guides: