Warzone Season 2 kicks off another chapter for the popular Call of Duty battle royale, and there’s a fresh battlefield to call home this time around. That’s because Fortune’s Keep is returning to the game with a visual makeover, alongside the debut of the Warzone ranked Resurgence playlist across PS5 and Xbox too. However, while it can be fun to stomp on your foes in the sweatiest playlist of them all, the rewards feel really disappointing.
Marking a first for the latest iteration of Warzone, ranked play will use Resurgence mode rules. However, this isn’t an excuse to take your foot off the gas, as you’ll still need to flex your talents in one of the best battle royale games around. According to a recent Call of Duty blog post, Resurgence ranked is played in trios and will require all players to be at least Level 55 before submitting themselves for battle. Like other Resurgence modes in the past, you’ll have the chance to re-deploy after death – if your squad is still alive, that is.
But playing Resurgence ranked for the thrill of it won’t be enough for many of us, as you’ll likely want a taste of the plentiful rewards Activision has lined up. Well, don’t set your expectations too high. With just four brand-new operator skins to grind for, most of your rewards will amount to charms and emblems. There’s only one weapon skin for the best Warzone guns available, but the specific weapon is yet to be determined.
Earning smaller cosmetics isn’t entirely out of place for ranked playlists, but considering the time you’ll need to put in mowing down enemies, you’d be better off mastering the Warzone meta in the game’s normal battle royale playlist. However, if you are curious about Resurgence ranked rewards are on offer, here’s a rundown for you:
- Rank 5: Calling Card and “Sweat Buggy” Vehicle Skin
- Rank 10: Calling Card and “On the Rise” Animated Emblem
- Rank 15: Calling Card and “Carrying the Squad” Weapon Sticker
- Rank 20: Calling Card and “Team Player” Weapon Charm
- Rank 25: Calling Card and “GOAT” Animated Emblem
- Rank 30: Calling Card and “WZ Ranked Play Rank 30” Weapon Camo
- Rank 35: Calling Card and “WTB” Weapon Sticker
- Rank 40: Calling Card and “Beamed” Weapon Decal
- Rank 45: Calling Card and “You Tried” Weapon Charm
- Rank 50: Calling Card, “WZ Ranked Veteran” Animated Emblem and four Operator Skins
While it is a slightly larger offering than ranked modes of the past, the extra list of cosmetics isn’t much better. Separate from these rewards, you can also earn Skill Division rewards. Try not to burst out of your seat with excitement for this one, because instead of static emblems and calling cards…you can earn animated ones instead.
In related COD news, those of you jumping into Warzone’s multiplayer counterpart in Modern Warfare 3 can dip your toes into this resurrected version of a forgotten COD mode.