Lock and load, operators – there’s gold to be had in them there hills. The next season of Call of Duty Warzone content is available and with its’ release comes a new in-game event: Mercenaries of Fortune. In this event, much like previous Warzone events, players will be able to complete a series of challenges to unlcok themed cosmetic items including a new Vanguard weapon camo and animated calling card. So, if you want to know how to complete all the Warzone Mercenaries of Fortune event challenges, you’re in the right place.
Starting on July 22, and lasting until July 7, players will be able to dive into this battle royale and complete a total of eight Warzone Mercenaries of Fortune event challenges to get their hands on nine in-game cosmetics rewards. Earning all of these rewards will have players complete challenges that feature things that will likely occur naturally through gameplay – so, it shouldn’t be too hard.
However, it’s important to know which game modes you need to be playing and which weapons you need to be using. So, that’s why we’re going to run through everything below. It’s also worth checking out our guide to the best Warzone guns while you’re here.
Anyway, enough about all that, let’s get stuck into the challenges.
Warzone Mercenaries of Fortune event challenges and rewards
Without further ado, here are all the Warzone Mercenaries of Fortune event challenges and the rewards you can earn:
- “Moneybags” – Collect $100,000 in gold on Fortune’s Keep
- Reward: “Venemous Approval” weapon sticker
- “Cutthroat” – Get 50 player kills on Fortune’s Keep
- Reward: “False Prospector” legendary Vanguard weapon camo
- “Shopping Spree” – Purchase 5 items from the Black Market Station on Fortune’s Keep
- Reward: “Scaled Snipe” weapon reticle
- “Pocket Sand” – Dig up 3 piles of buried treasure on Fortune’s Keep
- Reward: “Nefarious Deeds” weapon charm
- “Road Trip” – Get 5 kills while in a vehicle
- Reward: “Nugget” weapon charm (not that kind of nugget)
- “Storing Bodies” – Get 25 kills in Storage Town on Caldera
- Reward: “Death Prospector” legendary Vanguard weapon camo
- “Minted” – Open a Mercenary Vault in Caldera
- Reward: “Fanged Assault” emblem
- “Gilded Victor” – Win 1 game of Golden Plunder
- Reward: “Venomous Wealth” animated calling card
- If you’re confused, we have Golden Plunder explained right here
Players who complete all of the above challenges will be granted the ultra-rarity “The Vault” Armored SUV vehicle skin. The Armored SUV is set to be introduced to Warzone in a mid-season update.
There are a lot of Warzone Season 4 weapon changes to keep on top of, but it’s worth knowing if you need to make any changes to your selection of the best Warzone loadouts. You can also check out the Warzone Season 4 patch notes right here – for the full run-down of what’s changing.