Splatoon 3 is set to get years of support past its initial release and that means a lot of patch notes and updates. To keep your thoughts in order as you are competing and diving in ink, this guide will take you through the latest Splatoon 3 patch notes.
Nintendo will release details of each patch as and when they are deployed so each time a new update drops the notes below will be updated. We will also keep a record of recent updates underneath the latest Splatoon 3 patch notes.
So, to see the latest patch notes, check them out below:
SPLATOON 3 PATCH NOTES – SEPTEMBER 29, 2022 (VERSION 1.1.2)
The Splatoon 3 patch notes can be seen below from Nintendo:
Changes to Connectivity
- Implemented additional measures to reduce the frequency of communication errors following battles and job shifts.
Changes to Player Controls
- Fixed an issue where players using dualies would stop attacking and enter swim form at the end of a Dodge Roll regardless of whether they were holding the ZR Button.
- Fixed an issue with the Drop Roller gear ability where the player would enter swim form at the end of their Drop Roll if they pressed the ZR Button while holding the ZL Button during the Drop Roll, regardless of whether they continued holding the ZR Button.
- Fixed an issue with splatanas that caused players to perform two sequential horizontal slashes following a charged slash even if they only pressed the ZR Button once.
Changes to Multiplayer
- Fixed an issue where players would not take damage for a certain amount of time after their Booyah Bomb armor was broken.
- Implemented measures to prevent issues where players would clip through and get stuck in terrain when turning from swim form into humanoid form near a Tacticooler placed in the corner of certain maps.
- Fixed an issue where the game would crash when the player finished editing their locker with a photo stand placed in the locker.
- Fixed an issue with receiving a new catalog after reaching catalog level 100, where a communication error happening or the game crashing could result in the catalog-receiving event not triggering.
(In cases where this issue has already occurred, the catalog-receiving event will play again once the player has restarted the software and entered Hotlantis.)
- Fixed an issue relating to Super Sea Snails. If you were unable to receive Super Sea Snails from the first Splatfest, the final-results news broadcast will replay and you will now be able to collect your Super Sea Snails.
SPLATOON 3 PATCH NOTES – SEPTEMBER 16, 2022 (VERSION 1.1.1)
The Splatoon 3 patch notes below can be seen from Nintendo:
- Adjusted the occurrence rate of tricolor battles so that the frequency is below a certain level from the perspective of the defending power.
Changes to player controls
- Fixed an issue where, when charging Ikanobori and performing Squid Roll, performing certain actions could cause the player to fly farther than intended.
- Fixed an issue where bullets from the main weapon could not be fired correctly when playing for a long time with the software running.
- Fixed an issue that could cause players to go through the water surface and stand in the water when moving at high speed, such as by maneuvering slides.
- Fixed an issue where communication errors could occur frequently at the end of battle depending on the communication environment.
- Fixed an issue where the hitboxes for the 3rd and 4th bullets fired with a single Overflosser swing were extremely small.
- Fixed an issue where money and Keiken values were not added when the battle was not counted as a loss due to a low number of players.
- Fixed an issue where certain modes would continue to be unable to cancel when not enough other players have gathered, and now automatically cancel after a certain amount of time.
- Fixed an issue in Sturgeon Shipbuilding that allowed players to climb behind certain drawbridges.
Salmon Run changes
- Fixed the problem that a communication error may occur frequently at the end of bytes depending on the communication environment.
- Fixed an issue where the mudshake that appeared in the special situation “Spout of mudshake” would move.
- Fixed an issue where, even if the title is the same as a friend, the rating points would be different, resulting in “rating support” and the rating points not increasing.
- Fixed an issue where the game would crash if you kept damaging moles in the ground with things like special weapons.
- Fixed an issue where players could not return to the stage after entering the stage for some reason.
- Fixed an issue where the earned Kumasan points would appear smaller than the value actually added to the save data when completing a part-time job, which could prevent rewards from being earned.
- Fixed an issue where the message at the start of WAVE3 changed depending on whether or not there was a chance of a salmon salmon appearing.
Hero Mode changes
- Fixed an issue where, after clearing the final stage, a communication error occurred during a specific scene and the player was sent back to the plaza. (You can see the effect after clearing by clearing the final stage again. Even if this problem occurs, the final stage is treated as cleared, and you can skip the stage from the pause menu when trying again.)
- Fixed an issue that could cause the game to get stuck on a black screen after a screen of mixed yellow and blue ink when launching the game for the first time.
- Fixed an issue where downloading Battle Memories would sometimes get stuck even though the download had actually finished.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash when the schedule was updated while trying to join a friend.
- Fixed a rare issue where the game would crash in the Shop.
- Fixed an issue where a communication error could occur when replacing gear at the shop.
- Fixed an issue where, in rare cases, if a communication error occurred when purchasing a weapon from the shop, the player would be equipped with that weapon even though it had not been purchased, and a communication error would occur if the battle continued. did.
Splatoon 3 patch notes – September 8, 2022 (version 1.1.0)
Changes to Hero Mode
- You can now change Cap’n Cuttlefish’s appearance from the sketchbook at the Crater tent (press the A button to check it)
- Even if you have already progressed further in the story, you can temporarily return to the Crater by examining the stuffed Zapfish at the camp and selecting “Remember the Crater”.
- Photo Mode can now be used in Hero Mode (only in some locations)
- Features requiring an internet connection are now available.
- This version is required to use the features that require an internet connection. Also, this version is not compatible with Ver. 1.0.0 in local multiplayer.
As mentioned, with each new update that is released these Splatoon 3 patch notes will be updated with the latest details from Nintendo. So, be sure to keep an eye out for each new update. If you are looking for some tips as you play through Splatoon 3, you can check out our guides on Splatoon 3’s best weapons and the Splatoon 3 Tabelturf Battle mini-game in the shooter.