How do you beat the Remnant 2 Corrupted Ravager boss? This creature returns from the previous game, where it happened to have one of the most unique alternate kill methods— lulling it to sleep. Our Remnant 2 Corrupted Ravager boss guide discusses this particular encounter, the different choices you could make, and the rewards to be earned.
If you are taking this fight on either on PS5, Xbox Series X|S, or PC. The game has several deadly foes, one of which is this fight. As such you will want to use the best Remnant 2 class that suits your playstyle alongside some of the best Remnant 2 weapons and these tips below to stand a chance.
How to beat Corrupted Ravager in Remnant 2
To defeat the Corrupted Ravager in Remnant 2 you want to:
- Focus on the weak spot on its back – The root spot on its back is where you want to deal the most damage
- Avoid the lunge and bite – The Ravager has a lunging attack with a noticeable tell (it rears up before charging you). It will also attempt to bite you twice, in quick succession, when it’s close enough.
- Dodge sideways to avoid the Red Flare – When red sparks form under its paws, a beam will travel along the ground. Just dodge sideways to avoid it.
- Clear out Hollow mobs – It will periodically summon Hollows, round mobs that will roll along the ground before hitting you.
- Run around to avoid the Gorenado – The Ravager will spin around, causing you to get pulled into this vortex’s AoE radius.
The Ravager boss fight is all about avoiding its melee attacks, as these cause the bleeding status effect, making you gradually lose HP. The pillars in the cavern can also be used to block its moves, but be careful when you don’t have any obstacles remaining.
The Remnant 2 Ravager boss fight in Yaesha takes place in its lair. You’ll reach it after solving the Water Harp puzzle.
The above section highlights its abilities, which you need to beware of if you fight it. However, there’s also a way to skip the entire encounter. Below, we outline all the possible decisions you can make, as well as the potential rewards:
- 1. Kill the Doe — Skips the Ravager boss fight; Ravager’s Mark reward.
- 2. Heal the Doe and kill the Ravager — Red Doe Staff reward.
- 3. Kill the Ravager and the Doe — Feral Judgment reward.
- 4. Let the Ravager eat the Doe before killing it — Merciless reward.
Kill The Doe
If you want to kill the Doe, simply shoot it to finish this chapter. That’s all there is to it. You will get the Ravager’s Mark. This amulet increases all damage dealt to bleeding targets by 20%; the bonus is increased to 30% for enemies that are at 50% HP or lower.
If this seems a bit too specific, that’s because it is. It’s unlikely to work for most general builds and loadouts and it doesn’t make it onto our Remnant 2 best amulets list.
Heal the Doe and kill the Ravager
This version of the Remnant 2 Ravager fight can be started by pressing the interact button when standing next to the Doe. Your character will give it a Relic Charge, causing it to get healed and allowing it to gore the Ravager in the chest. Unfortunately, this action doesn’t seem to affect the boss’ HP when the fight begins.
In any case, simply complete the fight normally, and eliminate the Ravager. You’ll then receive the Doe’s Antler material which will grant you the Red Doe Staff when crafted:
- Damage: 62
- Critical hit chance: 3%
- Weak spot damage: 95%
- Stagger modifier: 8%
- Mod: Lifeline – After dealing 250 damage, the next charge attack causes the Spirit of the Red Doe to stampede forward. This deals 235 damage to enemies, while regeneration 10% HP for allies.
Moreover, because you healed and saved the Doe, you can return to Bedel in the Forbidden Grove. He’ll give you the Rebellion Spear, which has the following stats:
- Damage: 60
- Critical hit chance: 13%
- Weak spot damage: 110%
- Stagger modifier: 2%
- Mod: None
Kill the Ravager and the Doe
You can get this outcome if you start the fight by shooting the Ravager. Don’t interact with the Doe to heal it. Then, while you’re battling the Ravager, make sure you shoot the Doe until you kill it. Continue attacking the Ravager once it’s beaten as well.
You’ll receive the Ravager’s Maw material, which can be exchanged for the Feral Judgment melee weapon. This set of claws has the following stats:
- Damage: 53
- Critical hit chance: 13%
- Weak spot damage: 110%
- Stagger modifier: -15%
- Mod: Death Sentence – Dealing melee damage six times over 10 seconds empowers the weapon, causing your Neutral Backdrash Charge Attack to apply the Death Sentence status effect. Enemies afflicted by this suffer 10 Phantom Strikes after 1.5 seconds, each dealing 36.8 damage. Enemies that are bleeding also take 25% additional damage.
Let the Ravager eat the Doe before killing it
The fourth option in the Remnant 2 Ravager boss fight requires you to let the Ravager eat the Doe first before you kill it. Here are some tips to do this successfully:
- Do not heal the Doe, but do not kill it either.
- Move near the cave’s entrance, further away from the Doe, so you don’t accidentally shoot it.
- Make sure you’re further away from the Doe when fighting the Ravager so it doesn’t get hit by other AoE attacks, explosions, or effects.
- Damage the Ravager normally until it reaches roughly 50% HP.
If you do it right, the Ravager will do its Blood Howl at 50% HP. Then, it will run to the Doe’s position to eat the majestic creature. After this, proceed with the fight normally and defeat the Ravager.
This nets you the Crimson Membrane material, which can be used to craft the Merciless. It’s an auto rifle, and one of the best Remnant 2 weapons in the game due to its innate stats and unique mod:
- Damage: 13
- RPS: 8.6
- Magazine: 50/200
- Basic fire: When the weapon reticle is fully compressed by firing continuously, the flechettes apply 312 bleeding damage over 10 seconds.
- Mod: Bloodline – Fires a devastating blast that penetrates through all enemies in its path, dealing 198 damage, with a 25% crit damage bonus and three times additional stagger. The mod’s damage further increases by 50% for each enemy it penetrates.
And that’s how you beat the Corrupted Ravager in Remnant 2. Don’t forget that the Yaesha region holds many secrets, including the Remnant 2 The Lament puzzle and the Remnant 2 Cathedral of Omens puzzle, so make sure to tackle those if you need more gear. For other tips, you can visit our Remnant 2 walkthrough article.