Are you still trying to find one of the last Frozen Flames? This article will save you traversing the nine realms hunting for them and detail all of the God of War Ragnarok Frozen Flame locations.
Thankfully, the vast majority of Frozen Flames can be obtained by completing main story quests or defeating bosses and whether they are easy or hard to find you can find each one below. They will be broken down with the story Frozen Flames first. Be careful as you will find light story spoilers below, as well.
God of War Ragnarok Frozen Flame locations
God of War Ragnarok has eight Frozen Flame locations scattered around the different realms. They can be obtained by completing story missions, side activities, defeating bosses, and completing quests. The exact locations of each one are as follows:
- Frozen Flame 1 location: Defeat the Huntress boss at the start of the game during the main story quest Surviving Fimbulwinter
- Frozen Flame 2 location: Defeat Alva in Alfheim during the main story quest Groa’s Secret
- Frozen Fame 3 location: Free Freya from her binding spell in Vanaheim during the main story quest The Reckoning
- Frozen Flame 4 location: Defeat the Hel-Traveller during the main story mission Reunion
- Frozen Flame 5 location: Defeat the Flame Phantom during the main story mission The Summoning
- Frozen Flame 6 location: Defeat The Crismon Dread dragon boss during the Favour For Vanaheim! in Vanaheim
You can find each one in more detail below:
During the early missions in Midgard, you will fight The Huntress. Upon defeating her, she will drop the Frozen Flame for you to pick up.
Whilst making your way through Alfheim during the Groa’s Secret mission, you will eventually fight Alva. Upon defeating her, she will drop a Frozen Flame for you to use.
While you are making your way through Vanaheim with Freya during the main quest The Reckoning, you will eventually free her from being bound to Midgard. After you free her, turn around to pick up the Amulet and other items, including a Frozen Flame.
As you make your way through the mission Reunion, you will come across your first Hel-Traveller. These tough enemies have a massive sword and once you defeat this one, it will drop a Frozen Flame for you.
During the main mission The Summoning, you will head to Muspelheim. Once there, you will have to fight a Flame Phantom and upon defeating it, you will get a Frozen Flame.
After Birgir sacrifices himself during your return to Vanaheim in the last third of the main story, you will be able to start a Favour called Scent of Survival. Once that is complete you can then begin the For Vanaheim! Favour. During this side quest, you will come across a dragon called The Crismon Dread that you have to kill. After it is dead, it will drop the Frozen Flame.
That should help you out with finding all the God of War Ragnarok Frozen Flame locations. If you are looking to upgrade the other weapons, then be sure to check out our guides on the Chaos Flame locations and the Gale Flame locations and more in our God of War Ragnarok walkthrough.