While many Squad Building Challenges are released in FIFA 21 to test your knowledge of the clubs, leagues, and nations of its thousands of players, others give you the chance to earn rewards based solely on how many high-rated players you’re willing to part with.
The likes of the Puzzle Master SBC and the First XI SBC torment FIFA players’ brains with their complexity, however other puzzles prefer to test players’ willingness to part with their clubs’ top ballers. This is particularly true with SBCs that reward you with special cards – like Road to the Final, Player of the Month cards, or Icons.
So, if you want to get your hands on those cards, you’re going to need some high-rated players to trade in. If you’re club is looking a little thin on the ground for anything 83 and over, have no fear, as we’ve compiled a list of high-rated Ultimate Team cards you can scoop up from the Transfer Market for cheap, and highlighted a few more useful players that are good value for completing most of these top end SBCs.
High-rated, cheap FIFA 21 SBC players
What traits cause a player in FIFA Ultimate Team to be given the label of ‘SBC fodder’? Well, a combination of a high rating and an obscure nation or league that results in a low price on the transfer market, that’s what.
These are the players that won’t really earn you a big payday by selling them, won’t help in dishing out chemistry in your squad, and certainly won’t be a useful player for winning matches.
However, they can be extremely useful for SBCs with high rating requirements. Below, we’ll run through the cheapest options currently available for each overall rating between 83 and 90, but be warned: if your SBC is reliant on a lot of chemistry, these may not be the best options. They’re usually from obscure countries and play in awkward positions.
Nevertheless, here they are:
FIFA 21 cheap 83-rated players
The following players are the cheapest 83-rated options for SBCs in FIFA 21 right now. Most of these cards were previously available for less than 1,000 coins. Now though, you’ll be looking to snipe these players for between 2,000 and 3,000, thanks to Team of the Year and other big promos driving prices upwards.
- Aitor (La Liga, Spain)
- Pau Lopez (Serie A, Spain)
- Thomas Strakosha (Serie A, Albania)
- Lukas Hradecky (Bundesliga, Finland)
- Koen Casteels (Bundesliga, Chile)
- Kevin Trapp (Bundesliga, Germany)
- Martin Dubravka (Premier League, Slovakia)
- Martin Odegaard (Premier League, Norway)
- Steve Mandanda (Ligue 1, France)
- Anthony Lopes (Ligue 1, Portugal)
- Dusan Tadic (Eredivisie, Serbia)
- Oscar (CSL, Brazil)
- Gonzalo Higuain (MLS, Argentina)
- Carlos Vela (MLS, Mexico)
- Edin Visca (Super Lig, Bosnia Herzegovina)
FIFA 21 cheap 84-rated players
As we mentioned earlier, promo events have hiked up prices on the Ultimate Team market, and while you used to be able to pick up 84-rated players for less than 3,000 coins, that’s no longer the case.
You’ll be looking to pick up these players for somewhere between 8,500 and 9,000 coins.
- Oyarzabal (La Liga, Spain)
- Jose Maria Gimenez (La Liga, Uruguay)
- Lucas Leiva (Serie A, Brazil)
- Josip Ilicic (Serie A, Slovenia)
- Marcelo Brozovic (Serie A, Croatia)
- Salvatore Sirigu (Serie A, Italy)
- Roman Burki (Bundesliga, Switzerland)
- Axel Witsel (Bundesliga, Belgium)
- Raphael Guerreiro (Bundesliga, Portugal)
- Wilfred Ndidi (Premier League, Nigeria)
- Kasper Schmeichel (Premier League, Denmark)
- Raul Jimenez (Premier League, Mexico)
- Rui Patricio (Premier League, Portugal)
- Idrissa Gueye (Ligue 1, Senegal)
- Jesus Corona (Liga NOS, Mexico)
FIFA 21 cheap 85-rated players
Now we’re getting into some of Ultimate Team’s top players, and that means parting with a fair amount of coins to grab these players. The ones featured in the list below can be grabbed for between 15,000 and 16,000 coins, depending on your platform.
- Miralem Pjanic (La Liga, Bosnia Herzegovina)
- Koke (La Liga, Spain)
- Gianluigi Donnarumma (Serie A, Italy)
- Milan Skriniar (Serie A, Slovakia)
- Christian Eriksen (Serie A, Denmark)
- Romelu Lukaku (Serie A, Belgium)
- Sergej Milinkovic-Savic (Serie A, Serbia)
- Diego Godin (Serie A, Uruguay)
- Peter Gulacsi (Bundesliga, Hungary)
- Bernd Leno (Premier League, Germany)
- Jorginho (Premier League, Italy)
- Rodri (Premier League, Spain)
- Hakim Ziyech (Premier League, Morocco)
- Mauro Icardi (Ligue 1, Argentina)
- Memphis Depay (Ligue 1, Netherlands)
FIFA 21 cheap 86-rated players
Special card or Icon SBCs can potentially feature squad rating requirements of 86 or higher, so these are the type of top players you’re going to need to start filling them out. The ones we’ve picked here can be nabbed for between 23,000 and 25,000 coins.
- David Silva (La Liga, Spain)
- Carvajal (La Liga, Spain)
- Jordi Alba (La Liga, Spain)
- Alejandro Gomez (Serie A, Argentina)
- Yann Sommer (Bundesliga, Switzerland)
- David De Gea (Premier League, Spain)
- Jamie Vardy (Premier League, England)
- Jordan Henderson (Premier League, England)
- Marco Verratti (Ligue 1, Italy)
FIFA 21 cheap 87-rated players
For players with an 87 overall rating, you’ll have to part with somewhere between 30,000 and 32,000 coins.
- Luka Modric (La Liga, Croatia))
- Sergio Busquets (La Liga, Spain)
- Luis Suarez (La Liga, Uruguay)
- Wojciech Szczesny (Serie A, Poland)
- Heung-min Son (Premier League, South Korea)
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (Premier League, Gabon)
- Bernardo Silva (Premier League, Portugal)
- Hugo Lloris (Premier League, France)
- Fabinho (Premier League, Brazil)
- Kyle Robertson (Premier League, Scotland)
- Jadon Sancho (Bundesliga, England)
- Keylor Navas (Ligue 1, Costa Rica)
FIFA 21 cheap 88-rated players
These 88-rated players are great for hiking up your overall rating for an SBC – if you’ve got the funds. These are the cheapest options for you to buy from the Transfer Market right now, and all can be poached for anywhere between 38,000 and 42,000 coins.
- Eden Hazard (La Liga, Belgium)
- Toni Kroos (La Liga, Germany)
- Samir Handanovic (Serie A, Slovenia)
- Kalidou Koulibaly (Serie A, Senegal)
- Paulo Dybala (Serie A, Argentina)
- Joshua Kimmich (Bundesliga, Germany)
- Harry Kane (Premier League, England)
- Ederson (Premier League, Brazil)
FIFA 21 cheap 89-rated players
For these 89-rated players, you’ll have to fork out between 46,000 and 50,000 coins.
- Thibaut Courtois (La Liga, Belgium)
- Casemiro (La Liga, Brazil)
- Manuel Neuer (Bundesliga, Germany)
- Sergio Aguero (Premier League, Argentina)
FIFA 21 cheap 90+ players
There are really a handful of players rated above 90 that are good enough value for an SBC, and they’re all goalkeepers. Liverpool’s Alisson and Barcelona’s Marc-Andre ter Stegen are both 90-rated and currently available for just under 60,000 coins, but for not much less you could also pick up 91-rated Jan Oblak.
- Marc-Andre ter Stegen (La Liga, Germany)
- Jan Oblak (La Liga, Slovenia)
- Alisson (Premier League, Brazil)
While you should always turn to what’s in your Ultimate Team club first, these are some high-rated yet affordable options for you to turn to if you need a big player to pull the rating up or plug a gap.
If you’re super sparse of high-rated players and need to build from scratch, you can’t go wrong with building a La Liga or Serie A team if you need a fair bit of chemistry too.
It is worth noting that prices of players can fluctuate if certain SBCs are released, so checking sites like FUTWIZ for live Transfer Market updates is a sound piece of advice.