While many Squad Building Challenges are released in FIFA 21 to test your knowledge of the clubs, leagues, and nations of its thousands of players, others give you the chance to earn rewards based solely on how many high-rated players you’re willing to part with.
The likes of the Puzzle Master SBC and the First XI SBC torment FIFA players’ brains with their complexity, however other puzzles prefer to test players’ willingness to part with their clubs’ top ballers. This is particularly true with SBCs that reward you with special cards – like Road to the Final, Player of the Month cards, or Icons.
So, if you want to get your hands on those cards, you’re going to need some high-rated players to trade in. If you’re club is looking a little thin on the ground for anything 83 and over, have no fear, as we’ve compiled a list of high-rated Ultimate Team cards you can scoop up from the Transfer Market for cheap, and highlighted a few more useful players that are good value for completing most of these top end SBCs.
High-rated, cheap FIFA 21 SBC players
What traits cause a player in FIFA Ultimate Team to be given the label of “SBC fodder”? Well, a combination of a high rating and an obscure nation or league that results in a low price on the transfer market, that’s what.
These are the players that won’t really earn you a big payday by selling them, won’t help in dishing out chemistry in your squad, and certainly won’t be a useful player for winning matches.
However, they can be extremely useful for SBCs with high rating requirements. Below, we’ll run through the cheapest options currently available for each overall rating between 83 and 90, but be warned: if your SBC is reliant on a lot of chemistry, these may not be the best options. They’re usually from obscure countries and play in awkward positions.
Nevertheless, here they are:
FIFA 21 cheap 83-rated players
The following players are super cheap 83-rated options for SBCs in FIFA 21. All of the players listed should set you back less than 1,000 coins on the Transfer Market.
- Aitor (La Liga, Spain)
- Pau Lopez (Serie A, Spain)
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic (Serie A, Sweden)
- Edin Dzeko (Serie A, Bosnia Herzegovina)
- Thomas Strakosha (Serie A, Albania)
- Lukas Hradecky (Bundesliga, Finland)
- Charles Aranguiz (Bundesliga, Chile)
- Kevin Trapp (Bundesliga, Germany)
- Martin Dubravka (Premier League, Slovakia)
- Dusan Tadic (Eredivisie, Serbia)
- Gonzalo Higuain (MLS, Argentina)
- Carlos Vela (MLS, Mexico)
- Edin Visca (Super Lig, Bosnia Herzegovina)
- Ever Banega (MBS Pro League, Argentina)
Some ever so slightly more expensive honourable mentions go to Premier League players like Mateo Kovacic, Jorginho, and Ilkay Gundogan, and La Liga players from common nations such as Gerard Moreno and Fernando.
FIFA 21 cheap 84-rated players
There are a plethora of options for cheap 84-rated players. We’ve set the benchmark to 3,000 coins here, and there are dozens of them you could pick up, but we’ve selected some of the most useful in terms of chemistry.
- Iago Aspas (La Liga, Spain)
- Oyarzabal (La Liga, Spain)
- Isco (La Liga, Spain)
- Lautaro Martinez (Serie A, Argentina)
- Arthur (Serie A, Brazil)
- Lucas Leiva (Serie A, Brazil)
- Salvatore Sirigu (Serie A, Italy)
- Roman Burki (Bundesliga, Switzerland)
- Raphael Guerreiro (Bundesliga, Portugal)
- Julian Brandt (Bundesliga, Germany)
- Rui Patricio (Premier League, Portugal)
- Raul Jimenez (Premier League, Mexico)
FIFA 21 cheap 85-rated players
This is where things start to creep up in price, but these are your cheapest options if you need some 85-rated players to fill out your SBCs. You should be able to pick these players up for between 5,000 and 6,000 coins.
- Parejo (La Liga, Spain)
- Miralem Pjanic (La Liga, Bosnia Herzegovina)
- Gianluigi Donnarumma (Serie A, Italy)
- Diego Godin (Serie A, Uruguay)
- Romelu Lukaku (Serie A, Belgium)
- Luis Alberto (Serie A, Spain)
- Milan Skriniar (Serie A, Slovakia)
- Christian Eriksen (Serie A, Denmark)
- Peter Gulacsi (Bundesliga, Hungary)
- Bernd Leno (Premier League, Germany)
- Memphis Depay (Ligue 1, Netherlands)
FIFA 21 cheap 86-rated players
Special card or Icon SBCs can potentially feature squad rating requirements of 86 or higher, so these are the type of top players you’re going to need to start filling them out. The ones we’ve picked here can be nabbed for between 10,000 and 15,000 coins.
- David Silva (La Liga, Spain)
- Carvajal (La Liga, Spain)
- Pique (La Liga, Spain)
- Alejandro Gomez (Serie A, Argentina)
- Yann Sommer (Bundesliga, Switzerland)
- Thomas Muller (Bundesliga, Germany)
- Mats Hummels (Bundesliga, Germany)
- David De Gea (Premier League, Spain)
- Jordan Henderson (Premier League, England)
- Marco Verratti (Ligue 1, Italy)
FIFA 21 cheap 87-rated players
For any between 14,000 and 18,000, these 87-rated players are your best bets for bumping up your rating in an SBC. The goalkeepers, Navas and Szczesny, are usually particularly cheap and can be bought at lower prices than some 86-rated keepers.
- Luka Modric (La Liga, Croatia)
- Luis Suarez (La Liga, Uruguay)
- Sergio Busquets (La Liga, Spain)
- Wojciech Szczesny (Serie A, Poland)
- Ciro Immobile (Serie A, Italy)
- Bernardo Silva (Premier League, Portugal)
- Jadon Sancho (Bundesliga, England)
- Keylor Navas (Ligue 1, Costa Rica)
- Angel Di Maria (Ligue 1, Argentina)
FIFA 21 cheap 88-rated players
For 88-rated cards, there’s one player that is in his own mini price bracket and as a result is definitely your cheapest option: Samir Handovic. He can be picked up for as little as 20,000 coins if you can snipe one.
For a wee bit more, the likes of Toni Kroos and Paulo Dybala are also good options, costing anywhere between 23,000 and 26,000 coins.
- Samir Handanovic (Serie A, Slovenia)
- Paulo Dybala (Serie A, Argentina)
- Toni Kroos (La Liga, Germany)
FIFA 21 cheap 89-rated players
These 89-rated players are great for hiking up your overall rating for an SBC, and any one of this quartet can be nabbed on the Transfer Market for anywhere between 28,000 and 33,000 coins.
- Thibaut Courtois (La Liga, Belgium)
- Casemiro (La Liga, Brazil)
- Karim Benzema (La Liga, France)
- Manuel Neuer (Bundesliga, Germany)
FIFA 21 cheap 90-rated players
There’s really only one 90-rated player that’s good enough value for an SBC, and that’s Barcelona goalkeeper Marc-Andre ter Stegen. His price can vary quite considerably depending on what time of day and what platform you’re on, but he can be picked up for around 35,000 coins if you’re lucky.
We only recommend using ter Stegen if you’ve potentially got a lot of players in your club to burn that are under the overall rating requirement, as the German will pull it up substantially.
- Marc-Andre ter Stergen (La Liga, Germany)
While you should always turn to what’s in your Ultimate Team club first, these are some high-rated yet affordable options for you to turn to if you need a big player to pull the rating up or plug a gap.
If you’re super sparse of high-rated players and need to build from scratch, you can’t go wrong with building a La Liga or Serie A team if you need a fair bit of chemistry too.
It is worth noting that prices of players can fluctuate if certain SBCs are released, so checking sites like FUTWIZ for live Transfer Market updates is a sound piece of advice.