While many Squad Building Challenges are released in FIFA 21 to test your knowledge of the clubs, leagues, and nations of its thousands of players, others give you the chance to earn rewards based solely on how many high-rated players you’re willing to part with.
The likes of the Puzzle Master SBC and the First XI SBC torment FIFA players’ brains with their complexity, however other puzzles prefer to test players’ willingness to part with their clubs’ top ballers. This is particularly true with SBCs that reward you with special cards – like Road to the Final, Player of the Month cards, or Icons.
So, if you want to get your hands on those cards, you’re going to need some high-rated players to trade in. If you’re club is looking a little thin on the ground for anything 83 and over, have no fear, as we’ve compiled a list of high-rated Ultimate Team cards you can scoop up from the Transfer Market for cheap, and highlighted a few more useful players that are good value for completing most of these top end SBCs.
High-rated, cheap FIFA 21 SBC players
What traits cause a player in FIFA Ultimate Team to be given the label of “SBC fodder”? Well, a combination of a high rating and an obscure nation or league that results in a low price on the transfer market, that’s what.
These are the players that won’t really earn you a big payday by selling them, won’t help in dishing out chemistry in your squad, and certainly won’t be a useful player for winning matches.
However, they can be extremely useful for SBCs with high rating requirements. Below, we’ll run through the cheapest options currently available for each overall rating between 83 and 90, but be warned: if your SBC is reliant on a lot of chemistry, these may not be the best options. They’re usually from obscure countries and play in awkward positions.
Nevertheless, here they are:
FIFA 21 cheap 83-rated players
The following players are the cheapest 83-rated options for SBCs in FIFA 21 right now. Most of these cards were previously available for less than 1,000 coins. Now though, you’ll be looking to snipe these players for between 2,000 and 3,000, thanks to Team of the Year driving prices upwards.
- Aitor (La Liga, Spain)
- Pau Lopez (Serie A, Spain)
- Thomas Strakosha (Serie A, Albania)
- Lukas Hradecky (Bundesliga, Finland)
- Koen Casteels (Bundesliga, Chile)
- Kevin Trapp (Bundesliga, Germany)
- Martin Dubravka (Premier League, Slovakia)
- Steve Mandanda (Ligue 1, France)
- Anthony Lopes (Ligue 1, Portugal)
- Dusan Tadic (Eredivisie, Serbia)
- Oscar (CSL, Brazil)
- Gonzalo Higuain (MLS, Argentina)
- Carlos Vela (MLS, Mexico)
- Rafa (Liga NOS, Portugal)
- Edin Visca (Super Lig, Bosnia Herzegovina)
- Ever Banega (MBS Pro League, Argentina)
FIFA 21 cheap 84-rated players
As we mentioned earlier, TOTY has hiked up prices on the Ultimate Team market, and while you used to be able to pick up 84-rated players for less than 3,000 coins, that’s no longer the case.
You’ll be looking to pick up these players for somewhere between 6,700 and 7,500 coins.
- Josip Ilicic (Serie A, Slovenia)
- Salvatore Sirigu (Serie A, Italy)
- Roman Burki (Bundesliga, Switzerland)
- Axel Witsel (Bundesliga, Belgium)
- Raphael Guerreiro (Bundesliga, Portugal)
- Wilfred Ndidi (Premier League, Nigeria)
- Kasper Schmeichel (Premier League, Denmark)
- Rui Patricio (Premier League, Portugal)
- Idrissa Gueye (Ligue 1, Senegal)
- Jesus Corona (Liga NOS, Mexico)
- Pizzi (Liga NOS, Portugal)
- Andre Onana (Eredivisie, Cameroon)
FIFA 21 cheap 85-rated players
Now we’re getting into some of Ultimate Team’s top players, and that means parting with a fair amount of coins to grab these players. The ones featured in the list below can be grabbed for between 11,000 and 13,500 coins, depending on your platform.
- Frenkie de Jong (La Liga, Netherlands)
- Miralem Pjanic (La Liga, Bosnia Herzegovina)
- Koke (La Liga, Spain)
- Gianluigi Donnarumma (Serie A, Italy)
- Dries Mertens (Serie A, Belgium)
- Romelu Lukaku (Serie A, Belgium)
- Sergej Milinkovic-Savic (Serie A, Serbia)
- Diego Godin (Serie A, Uruguay)
- Peter Gulacsi (Bundesliga, Hungary)
- Marco Reus (Bundesliga, Germany)
- Leroy Sane (Bundesliga, Germany)
- Bernd Leno (Premier League, Germany)
- Hakim Ziyech (Premier League, Morocco)
- Mauro Icardi (Ligue 1, Argentina)
- Memphis Depay (Ligue 1, Netherlands)
FIFA 21 cheap 86-rated players
Special card or Icon SBCs can potentially feature squad rating requirements of 86 or higher, so these are the type of top players you’re going to need to start filling them out. The ones we’ve picked here can be nabbed for between 20,000 and 23,000 coins.
- David Silva (La Liga, Spain)
- Carvajal (La Liga, Spain)
- Jordi Alba (La Liga, Spain)
- Alejandro Gomez (Serie A, Argentina)
- Yann Sommer (Bundesliga, Switzerland)
- Lukas Hradecky [Headliner] (Bundesliga, Finland)
- David De Gea (Premier League, Spain)
- Jamie Vardy (Premier League, England)
- Jordan Henderson (Premier League, England)
- Marco Verratti (Ligue 1, Italy)
FIFA 21 cheap 87-rated players
For players with an 87 overall rating, you’ll have to part with somewhere between 28,000 and 31,000 coins.
- Luka Modric (La Liga, Croatia))
- Sergio Busquets (La Liga, Spain)
- Luis Suarez (La Liga, Uruguay)
- Antoine Griezmann (La Liga, France)
- Wojciech Szczesny (Serie A, Poland)
- Ciro Immobile (Serie A, Italy)
- Bernardo Silva (Premier League, Portugal)
- Hugo Lloris (Premier League, France)
- Fabinho (Premier League, Brazil)
- Kyle Robertson (Premier League, Scotland)
- Jadon Sancho (Bundesliga, England)
- Keylor Navas (Ligue 1, Costa Rica)
FIFA 21 cheap 88-rated players
These 88-rated players are great for hiking up your overall rating for an SBC – if you’ve got the funds. These are the cheapest options for you to buy from the Transfer Market right now, and all can be poached for anywhere between 36,000 and 38,000 coins.
- Eden Hazard (La Liga, Belgium)
- Samir Handanovic (Serie A, Slovenia)
- Kalidou Koulibaly (Serie A, Senegal)
- Joshua Kimmich (Bundesliga, Germany)
- Harry Kane (Premier League, England)
- Raheem Sterling (Premier League, England)
- Ederson (Premier League, Brazil)
FIFA 21 cheap 89-rated players
For these 89-rated players, you’ll have to fork out between 46,000 and 50,000 coins. Sergio Aguero and Manuel Neuer are the cheapest options, with the others floating around that 50,000 mark.
- Thibaut Courtois (La Liga, Belgium)
- Casemiro (La Liga, Brazil)
- Karim Benzema (La Liga, France)
- Manuel Neuer (Bundesliga, Germany)
- Sergio Aguero (Premier League, Argentina)
FIFA 21 cheap 90-rated players
There are really only two 90-rated players that are good enough value for an SBC, and they’re both goalkeepers. Liverpool’s Alisson and Barcelona’s Marc-Andre ter Stegen are both currently available for around 55,000 coins.
- Marc-Andre ter Stegen (La Liga, Germany)
- Alisson (Premier League, Brazil)
While you should always turn to what’s in your Ultimate Team club first, these are some high-rated yet affordable options for you to turn to if you need a big player to pull the rating up or plug a gap.
If you’re super sparse of high-rated players and need to build from scratch, you can’t go wrong with building a La Liga or Serie A team if you need a fair bit of chemistry too.
It is worth noting that prices of players can fluctuate if certain SBCs are released, so checking sites like FUTWIZ for live Transfer Market updates is a sound piece of advice.