Gamers looking to get their latest survival horror fix will doubtlessly be keen to get their Evil Dead: The Game pre-orders in. As well as being a love letter to the movies and TV series that make up the Evil Dead series, it looks set to offer a stand-up horror game experience of its own, and if you’re keen to get your hands on the game, here’s everything you need to know.
Those who get their Evil Dead: The Game pre-orders in on time will soon be joining their friends to fight armies of Deadites, demons and more across a number of fittingly spooky locations. Also, much like Dead by Daylight (which Ash Williams also showed up for), you get to take control of the monsters and try your hand at wiping out the humans if you want to.
Fans of the films (and Ash vs Evil Dead) will be pleased to know that this game’s cast draws from all of them (with Bruce Campbell returning as Ash), but even if you’ve never played them before, you won’t need a comprehensive knowledge of the franchise in order to enjoy yourself. It’s been consciously made so that it will be accessible to players who are new to The Evil Dead and could be a great introduction to this cult comedy horror series.
The Evil Dead: The Game release date is May 13 (a Friday, fittingly), and there are four different versions of it, each with their own pre-order bonuses. Here’s an overview of what each of them contains:
Evil Dead: The Game Standard Edition pre-order bonuses
If you just want to get yourself a copy of the standard version of the game, you’ll still have a couple of pre-order bonuses to look forward to. These are two in-game outfits for Ash Williams (pictured above):
- S-Mart Employee Outfit: the uniform worn by employees of the iconic S-Mart, where Ash worked in the move, Army of Darkness.
- Gallant Knight Outfit: a suit of armour, also worn by Ash in the Army of Darkness.
Evil Dead: The Game Deluxe Edition pre-orders
At the next step up on the ladder, you’ll find Evil Dead: The Game Deluxe Edition. In addition to the pre-order bonuses included in the Standard Edition, this also gets you access to the game’s season pass, which will include four DLCs. We don’t yet know the details of the DLC, but at least you’ll know that there’s more to look forward to after you finish the base game.
Evil Dead: The Game Collector’s Edition pre-orders
Unfortunately, the Collector’s Edition seems to be completely sold out everywhere, but if you are able to find it, you’ll get all of the following goodies bundled in with it:
- All bonuses included with the Deluxe Edition of the game
- Savani Ash skin: an exclusive in-game skin for Ash Williams
- The Art of Evil Dead: The Game: a deluxe hardcover book filled with exclusive art
- Evil Dead: The Game Soundtrack: an exclusive copy of the game’s soundtrack on vinyl
- Evil Dead: The Game SteelBook: a much nicer case to keep your game in that’ll look great on the shelf
- Exclusive t-shirt: an shirt with a picture of Ash on it, you choose your size in advance
- Five exclusive art cards: these all show different artworks relating to the game
- Collectible outer box: a fancy box to keep all these goodies in
Evil Dead: The Game Ultimate Collector’s Edition
As you might have guessed, this is the biggest version of the game, although just like the regular Collector’s Edition, you don’t seem to be able to find it anywhere anymore. If you are lucky enough to find it in stock somewhere, in addition to all the bonuses of the other editions, you’ll also get a full-size replica Evil Dead II Book of the Dead Necronomicon prop.
We hope that’s been a useful overview for anyone seeking to pre-order the game. You should also read our article on Evil Dead: The Game crossplay, for more information about the game’s multiplayer. If you’re a fan of the genre, you might like our guides on the best PS5 horror games and the best Xbox horror games as well.