As with most soulslike games, knowing how to level up and what stats you should invest in is key to succeeding against tough enemies. Elden Ring is no different. Levelling up in Elden Ring allows you to boost your strength, health, endurance, and magic so you can survive longer, deal more damage, and pull off more spells.
With menus and systems being tucked away in Elden Ring, like most of FromSoftware‘s other games, it isn’t always totally clear just how levelling works in Elden Ring. We have been able to spend a few hours with the game during the Technical Test and pulled together an overview of Elden Ring’s levelling up system to help you out as you take your first steps in The Lands Between.
Read on to see how to level up in Elden Ring and what stats can be increased with Elden Ring level ups.
Elden Ring Level Up
Elden Ring level ups will allow you to boost your stats in eight key areas:
- Vigor: governs HP
- Mind: governs FP
- Endurance: governs Stamina and defensive power
- Strength: governs the ability to wield heavy weapons and attack power for strength-scaling weapons
- Dexterity: governs the ability to wield advanced weapons, reduces spell casting time, softens fall damage, boosts attack power for dexterity-scaling weapons, and reduces chance for you to be knocked off Elden Ring’s horse
- Intelligence: governs the ability to perform Sorceries and boosts magic power and magic resistance
- Faith: governs the ability to perform Incantations and boosts Incantation power
- Arcane: governs the ability to discover more items from enemy corpses and affects select sorceries and Incantations
All of these stats can be upgraded and changed at any time and each level up increases your overall level, which comes with other bonuses like attack damage and resistance against specific types of slashes and hits.
Elden Ring How To Level Up
In order to level up in Elden Ring, you will need to rest at a Site of Grace, which can be found throughout The Lands Between.
From the menu, while resting at a Site of Grace, choose to ‘Level Up’ and select which stats you want to increase before confirming your choice.
That covers exactly how to level up in Elden Ring and which stats Elden Ring level ups govern. For more help with how to unlock systems in FromSoftware’s new RPG, check out our Elden Ring guide on how to unlock crafting.