In Disney Dreamlight Valley, fishing is a great way to make Star Coins, complete quests, regain Energy, cook up some great recipes, and fill up your Collection tab. There are 25 fish to find and get in Disney Dreamlight Valley and the game tells you the locations you’ll want to head to, it’s going to take time, perseverance, and the knowledge in our guide below to make finding them possible.
For this, we’ve compiled our best tips on how to fish, where to find the 25 fish in the game, how much they’re worth, and two handy sections on catching seaweed and fishing for the game’s rarest fish, Fugu.
So, let’s get our hook firmly in and discuss how to get and where to find all the fish in Disney Dreamlight Valley.
One of the first things you’ll do in Disney Dreamlight Valley is find the core tools that will help you fish, mine, garden, and dig your way through the game. And once you’ve found the Disney Dreamlight Valley fishing rod location using our handy guide, you’ll be able to select the fishing rod in your action wheel and head to some water.
At each water location around the Valley, there will be bubbles that will indicate a specific fishing hole. These holes range from white to blue to gold, depending on the rarity of the fish. They’ll also be harder to catch as you go up the scale.
Make sure you cast your rod directly into the hole. From there, you’ll press when prompted to catch the fish then each time a green circle appears, you’ll need to press again to reel it in. For white fishing holes, you will need to repeat this step two times, for blue three, and for gold four.
Catching and selling fish is also a great way of gaining much-needed Dreamlight to progress through the game. And one huge tip for budding anglers – when fishing, make sure you’re hanging out with one of your Disney villager friends that you’ve assigned the fishing skill to. This means your companion can give you the hangout bonus of finding more fish when fishing – doubling up on your catches of the day to reduce the amount of time and effort you have to put in. A win-win.
Disney Dreamlight Valley where to get and find all fish
Our list below will fill you in on every Disney Dreamlight Valley fish location where you can capture get and find them all:
- Anglerfish – Found in the Forgotten Lands (sells for 1,500 Star Coins, gain 2000 Energy)
- Bass – Found in the Peaceful Meadow, Forest of Valor, Sunlit Plateau, and Frosted Heights (sells for 25 Star Coins, gains 150 Energy)
- Bream – Found in the Peaceful Meadow (sells for 600 Star Coins, gains 1300 Energy)
- Carp – Found in the Forest of Valor and Sunlit Plateau (sells for 400 Star Coins, gains 800 Energy)
- Catfish – Found in the Peaceful Meadow (sells for 500 Star Coins, gains 1200 Energy)
- Cod – Found in the Forgotten Lands, Dazzle Beach, and Glade of Trust (sells for 35 Star Coins, gains 150 Energy)
- Crab – Found in Frosted Heights (sells for 600 Star Coins, gains 1200 Energy)
- Fugu – Found in Dazzle Beach (sells for 900 Star Coins, gains 1700 Energy)
- Herring – Found in Dazzle Beach and Glade of Trust (sells for 65 Star Coins, gains 250 Energy)
- Kingfish – Found in Dazzle Beach (sells for 450 Star Coins, gains 800 Energy)
- Lancetfish – Found in the Forgotten Lands (sells for 650 Star Coins, gains 1300 Energy)
- Lobster – Found in the Glade of Trust (sells for 950 Star Coins, gains 1600 Energy)
- Perch – Found in the Forest of Valor and Sunlit Plateau (sells for 80 Star Coins, gains 400 Energy)
- Pike – Found in the Forest of Valor (sells for 800 Star Coins, gains 1500 Energy)
- Rainbow Trout – Found in the Peaceful Meadow and Forest of Valor (sells for 50 Star Coins, gains 300 Energy)
- Salmon – Found in the Frosted Heights and Sunlit Plateau (sells for 150 Star Coins, gains 500 Energy)
- Seaweed – Found in Dazzle Beach, Forgotten Lands, Forest of Valor, Peaceful Meadow, Sunlit Plateau, Frosted Heights, and Glade of Trust (sells for 20 Star Coins, gains 25 Energy)
- Shrimp – Found in Dazzle Beach (sells for 300 Star Coins, gains 750 Energy)
- Sole – Found in the Forgotten Lands (sells for 200 Star Coins, gains 500 Energy)
- Squid – Found in the Glade of Trust and Forgotten Lands (sells for 500 Star Coins, gains 1000 Energy)
- Swordfish – Found in Dazzle Beach (sells for 700 Star Coins, gains 1500 Energy)
- Tilapia – Found in the Sunlit Plateau and Frosted Heights (sells for 600 Star Coins, gains 1150 Energy)
- Tuna – Found in the Forgotten Lands and Glade of Trust (sells for 95 Star Coins, gains 350 Energy)
- Walleye – Found in the Sunlit Plateau (sells for 1100 Star Coins, gains 1700 Energy)
- White Sturgeon – Found in the Frosted Heights (sells for 1200 Star Coins, gains 1800 Energy)
Disney Dreamlight Valley how to catch seaweed
Catching seaweed in Disney Dreamlight Valley is a little different. Unlike the fish, you’ll want to head away from the bubble spots to catch this slippery algae. Seaweed can be fished pretty much anywhere, as long as you’re not aiming for the bubbles. It’s a helpful fish that you’ll be asked to gather for quests which can then be taken to a crafting table and turned into fiber.
Fiber can also then be crafted into rope or used alongside other ingredients to make other furniture such as a basket, blue light high beach torch, or festive pennants.
Disney Dreamlight Valley how to catch Fugu
Fugu, a Japanese delicacy in real-life despite its rare poison, is one of the hardest fish to catch in the game. And there’s a reason for that.
Whilst all the fish in Disney Dreamlight Valley require searching different fishing holes in various biomes when it comes to Fugu on Dazzle Beach, you’ll be wanting to wait for a specific weather forecast – thunderstorms.
So, when you see that thunder, head to the beach and get fishing. Plus, don’t forget to take one of your fishing companions to up your chances of finding one and possibly gain an additional Fugu when you do as they’ll randomly drop extra fish to help you. Fugu is also a really important ingredient for some of Disney Dreamlight Valley’s best recipes.
Now you know every bit of wisdom we can impart from our Disney Dreamlight Valley fish guide and how to get and find them all to you, head to the Valley and get searching for those slippery ingredients. We’ve mentioned that each fish comes with its own sale price, but if you’re looking to get Star Coins fast, there’s also a variety of different ways to do so. Or, if you’re on the hunt for gems, we’ve compiled a list of all the Disney Dreamlight Valley gem locations and how to get them.