If you’re new to Diablo 4, you may have already missed out on some of the most powerful items in the game – thanks to the seasonal content format this RPG adheres to. Blizzard, though, in an effort to ensure you’re not missing out on everything, is bringing some of the best items from Season One – the Season of the Malignant – in the latest Diablo 4 patch to arrive. This doesn’t sound like it’s going to be the last update bringing back old content, either.
In an effort to present players with even more powerful gear items to go after, which is an important part of any one of the best RPG games out there right now, Blizzard is adding to the already-impressive selection of Diablo 4 Uniques you can get your hands on by re-introducing five Unique Rings from the Season of the Malignant. With each one based on some of the most popular powers from the inagural season, Diablo 4 players will find one Malignant Ring for each class in both the Seasonal and Eternal realms moving forward.
When you find out what each one can do, we think you’ll agree that they would all fit quite nicely into some of the best Diablo 4 builds out there at the moment. There’s also a new way you can test those builds, thanks to Blizzard’s new Diablo 4 Training Dummy feature. So, you’ll be able to see for yourself when you find one.
But, what exactly are you looking out for? Well, as the latest Diablo 4 patch notes explain, the new Malignant Rings are as follows:
- Ring of Red Furor (Barbarian)
- After spending 100 Fury within 3s, next Hammer of the Ancients / Upheaval / Death Blow is Critical Strike with between 10% and 30% additional damage
- Tal Rasha’s Iridescent Loop (Sorcerer)
- Gain 10% to 15% increased damage for 4s for every type of Elemental Damage you deal
- Airidah’s Inexorable Will (Druid)
- When casting Ultimate Skill and 5s after casting Ultimate Skill, pull in Distant enemies to deal 0.5 to 1.0 Physical damage increased by 1% per 1 Willpower
- Writhing Band of Trickery (Rogue)
- Casting Subterfuge leaves Decoy Trap behind that taunts enemies and explodes after 3s, dealing 2.0 to 3.0 Shadow damage, can trigger every 12s
- Ring of the Sacrilegious Soul (Necromancer)
- Automatically activates Raise Skeleton every 1s to 2s, Corpse Explosion every 1s to 2s, and Corpse Tendrils every 8s to 16s
Blizzard adds that these new Uniques are a way for it to “take popular Seasonal content that resonated with players and reintroduce it in a way that can persist beyond the Season and into the Eternal Realm” – something that certainly makes it sound like this could be something we can look forward to every season moving forward.
Immediately, the Necromancer-exclusive Ring of Sacrilegious Soul and the Druid’s Airidah’s Inexorable Will strike us as Uniques you should be on the look out for. The fact that the former casts that many Skills automatically frees up a lot of space in your build, and the latter will make clearing groups of enemies even easier as a Druid.
We do think that both the Rogue’s Writhing Band of Trickery and the Sorcerer’s Tal Rasha’s Iridescent Loop have some worth, if they fit into your build, but they’re far more specific and you may not see the benefits of each one as often as you would with the others. The Barbarian-exclusive Ring of Red Furor, for example, affects three different Skills. So, it’s more useful to have equipped.
Of course, though, finding these is going to be easier said than done as Uniques are often hard to come by. So, while you’re off on the hunt for this new loot, you should make sure you’re playing as the best Diablo 4 class to make things a little easier. You can always stick what you find in your Stash for another character of a different class to use another time. Those of you less interested in hunting for these Malignant Rings should check out the best games like Diablo right here.