What is the best Diablo 4 Necromancer build? If you’re dying to create your own undead army then look no further than this summoner Necromancer build that excels against huge hordes of enemies and bosses alike.
This Diablo 4 build is one of many you can create with all the Diablo 4 classes available to you, from the Druid to the Sorcerer. With the huge Diablo 4 map to explore and plenty of quests to complete, you’ll have plenty of time to learn the ins and outs of your chosen class. You can even try out your builds with or against others in Diablo 4 multiplayer.
What is the best Diablo 4 Necromancer build?
The best Diablo 4 Necromancer build will focus on summoning undead for high damage and survivability.
- Skills: Bone Splinters, Bone Spear, Bone Storm, Raise Skeleton, Golem
- Passives: Unliving Energy, Imperfectly Balanced, Skeletal Warrior Mastery, Skeletal Mage Mastery, Serration, Compound Fracture, Evulsion
- Gear: Legendary gear that boosts attack speed and critical strike, along with any of the above skills
- Book of the Dead: Skeletal Warriors – Skirmishers 2, Skeletal Mages – Cold 1, Golems – Bone 2
With this Necromancer build you’ll have high survivability and damage in both AoE and single-target thanks to our empowered summons. There’ll be several skeletons fighting by our side that will not only deal significant damage by themselves, but also provide survivability in the form of a distraction. Unlike every other class in Diablo 4, you have companions to help you out in battle.
This Necro build will have lots of passive skills to boost the effectiveness of the summoned skeletons, such as increased health and damage of your summons, alongside critical strike effects.
To find out more about the specific ability upgrade paths and levels for each skill, read on to create the best Diablo 4 Necromancer build right now.
What skills should I use for the Necromancer in Diablo 4?
Here are the specific Diablo 4 Necromancer build best skills, enhancements, and upgrades:
- Bone Splinters (1/5) – Fire three bone splinters, dealing 22% damage each. Each subsequent time an enemy is hit by the same cast of Bone Splinters, you gain one Essence.
- Enhanced Bone Splinters – Bone Splinters has a 30% chance to fire two additional projectiles if cast while you have 50 or more Essence.
- Bone Spear (5/5) – Conjure a bone spear from the ground, dealing 119% damage and piercing through enemies.
- Enhanced Bone Spear – Bone Spear breaks into three shards when it is destroyed, dealing 10% damage each.
- Paranormal Bone Spear – Bone Spear has a 5% increased critical strike chance. If Bone Spear’s primary projectile critically strikes, it fires two additional bone shards upon being destroyed.
- Bone Storm (1/1) – A swirling storm of bones appears around you and your Golem, dealing 180% to surrounding enemies over 10 seconds.
- Prime Bone Storm – Your damage reduction is increased by 15% while Bone Storm is active.
- Supreme Bone Storm – Your critical strike chance is increased by 20% while Bone Storm is active.
- Raise Skeleton
These abilities and enhancements centre around summons and critical strike to create the best Necromancer build in Diablo 4.
Bone Splinters, the basic attack, can deal a surprising amount of damage while regenerating Essence. While Blood Lance is a great alternative, Bone Spear is the best core ability for this summoner Necro build, mainly thanks to the versatility of the ability and the potential around critical strike with the Paranormal enhancement. The Bone Storm ultimate is the last active ability outside of Raise Skeleton and Golem and dishes out heavy damage while also giving massive buffs. When this ability is active, we’ll gain bonus damage reduction and increased critical strike chance which goes hand in hand with our other skills.
As for the Book of the Dead, we’ll be upgrading Skeletal Warriors to Skirmishers focusing on critical strike. With this, each time you get a critical hit, so do your Skeletal Warriors. Skeletal Mages will be upgraded to Cold Mages that assist with our heavy Essence costs. Lastly, Golem will be upgraded to Bone Golems that focus on boosting health and Thorn damage.
What passives should I use for the Necromancer in Diablo 4?
Here are the Diablo 4 Necromancer build best passive abilities:
- Unliving Energy (1/3) – Your maximum Essence is increased by 3.
- Imperfectly Balanced (3/3) – Your Core Skills cost 15% more Essence, but deal 30% more damage.
- Skeletal Warrior Mastery (2/3) – Increase the damage and health of your Skeletal Warriors by 45%.
- Skeletal Mage Mastery (2/3) – Increase the damage and health of your Skeletal Mages by 45%.
- Serration (1/3) – Your Bone Skills have a 0.5% increased critical strike chance for each 10 Essence you have upon cast.
- Compound Fracture (1/3) – After critically striking 10 times with Bone Skills, your Bone Skills deal 5% increased damage for 5 seconds.
- Evulsion (2/3) – Your Bone Skills deal 18% increased critical strike damage to vulnerable enemies.
This Necro build relies on strong passive abilities to boost not only the player character’s abilities’, but also that of the summons. These passives compliment the build through improving at critical strike and Essence effects, such as making Core Skills cost more but also deal significantly more damage. Likewise, our main Warrior and Mage summons will now also be more tanky and deadly, taking our undead army to the next level.
That’s all you need to know to make the best Diablo 4 Necromancer build right now, including the best Necro skills, enhancements, passives, and more. Once you’ve got this build you should be able to take on the challenge of harder Diablo 4 World Tiers. You can even see where the Necromancer lands in our Diablo 4 class tier list for beginners and veterans.