With Lightfall here, the Destiny community is abuzz with talk of the new Darkness subclass, Strand. But what does it do, and how will it benefit each Guardian class? Well, in this guide we will touch on all you need to know about the Destiny 2 Hunter Strand subclass Threadrunner.
What we know for sure is that this new power will be given to players as part of the Lightfall campaign, and used to help explore Neomuna, the home of a group of advanced humans who have prospered on Neptune. As you prepare to head to Neomuna and face off against the Witness and his new disciple Callus, it’s time to brush up on what the Destiny 2 Strand subclass brings to the Hunter.
Destiny 2 Hunter Strand subclass Threadrunner
Destiny 2 Hunter Strand subclass Threadrunners have the following abilities:
- Threaded Spike (melee): Throw a rope dart that bounces between enemies, severing them
- Grapple, Shackle Grenade, Threadling Grenade (grenade): Swing around and grab anywhere in the world, throw a grenade that splits into three, or suspend a group of enemies into the air
- Silkstrike (super): Use your grapple to freely move around in third-person and throw and spin your rope dart to strike down enemies and control the area around you
The Hunter Threadrunner also has the the following Aspects:
- Ensnaring Slam: While in the air, press the air-move input to slam downward, suspending all nearby enemies.
- Widow’s Silk: This Aspect grants an additional grenade charge. The Hunter’s grapple ability creates a persistent grapple Tangle when it latches, which fully refunds grenade energy when grappled to. Hunters can use this ability to set up chains of grapple points that their entire team can use, greatly enhancing their ability to quickly move around in combat and/or traverse the environment.
Interestingly, the Game Awards trailer also showed the Hunter grappling onto an Arc Titan and skitching on the back of their Thundercrash Super, which is ridiculously awesome. Then, in the latest Strand trailer we see them grip onto a Tangle which is being thrown:
Of course, there is still a lot more for us to discover. While you wait to play the Destiny 2 Hunter Strand subclass Threadrunner, why not check out some of the Destiny 2 Lightfall exotic weapons you can earn?