Just eight days after the last patch, Riot Games has dropped another for first-person shooter Valorant. The majority of changes relate to the Split map, which has had a number of tweaks to improve attacking options.
Riot has done this by increasing chokepoint widths and adjusting the angles on certain corners. All the changes can be viewed in full below, but the developer’s ultimate goal is to “overhaul” the map and make it fairer for attackers. Riot also confirms that it has added the ability to hide custom matches from your Match History.
Players were worried that being able to see these results could give away their strategies. Riot said it “wanted to ship this feature ahead of Challengers so you can practice without this concern.” There are also changes to how Valorant punishes players for being AFK, which hopes to successfully differentiate between those with poor internet connections and the “habitual AFKer”.
Here are the Valorant patch notes 2.01 in full:
- Smoke duration decreased 7 >>> 4.5
- Increased the width of the B Main doorway
- On top of the changes to B Main, there is an additional trash pile placed in the corner to prevent defenders from hiding in too deep a nook
- Increased Spike plant zone boundary
- New material stack for cover in B Site that allows you to isolate angles more effectively
- Reduced depth of this corner to allow pushing into defender spawn with more safety
- Removed this cubby near defender spawn to allow pushing through this area more safely
- Increased the width of the Vent Room entrance
- Added a sloped wall in the Vent Room, which removes a 50/50 check when entering Vents from Mid
- Simplified the Ramen/Scuttle Crab area
- Reduce depth of cubby in Sewer to allow pushing through this space more safely
- Increased the width of the doorway to A Tower and reduced safety of defenders in A Tower
- Adjusted angle of sloped wall
- Adjusted wall depth near Screens, which allows you to move out of Screens more safely without the use of utility
- Added ability to hide custom game results from Match History
- The Add Friend button now exists for teammates only, and the option of adding enemy players has been removed
- Any teammates with privacy/streamer mode enabled will not have the Add Friend button near their name.
- Queue restrictions for AFK-ing in-game and during pre-game have changed
- Fixed an issue with rank promotion and demotion indicators overlapping players rank on the Career page
- Fixed a bug that would cause either a Radiant icon or an error message to show during the End of Game screen instead of the correct rank details
- Fixed a bug where Reyna’s Leer would not display on the minimap correctly
- Fixed a bug where credits wouldn’t be properly refunded after selling a gun that a teammate bought
- Fixed a bug where offscreen flash VFX would display incorrectly
- Fixed a bug where Phoenix’s starting location would briefly be displayed on the minimap after being killed in Run it Back
- Fixed issue where Omen’s reforming VFX didn’t line up with where he actually appeared when using Shrouded Step
- Fixed Jett being able to trigger the defuse sound while dashing
- Fixed Omen being able to trigger the defuse sound while teleporting
- Fixed issue that caused Yoru’s Fakeout decoy to persist in the world after his death
- Fixed issue where Raze’s Boom Bot could be placed through some walls
- Fixed issue where Omen could have his gun equipped while forming during From the Shadows
- Resolved Regrowth’s number UI not updating as Skye used the ability
- Fixed fire rate stacking issue when a player is in one Brimstone Stim Pack while another ends
- Fixed Skye not properly showing the callout region she’s in
You can check out the patch notes on the Valorant website, which includes handy before-and-after pictures of the changes to Split to help you visualise the changes. The only real way to get to grips with the patch, though, is to jump into some Valorant ranked matches and see for yourself.