Splatoon 3‘s revamped and returning Salmon Run mode is an improved version of what we saw before with a number of major changes and differences. One of those tweaks we have seen with the sequel is the selection of new Splatoon 3 Salmon Run ranks which govern your payday at the end of rounds.
As you play and get more experience with Salmon Run, you will see yourself and your Squid Kid friends climb the ranks and get bigger payouts when you make the Golden Egg quota. Your ranks and job titles are retained across rotations of Salmon Run, so you don’t have to worry about losing them, but you will have to climb each rank from 0-99 fully.
These ranks are core to the Salmon Run experience and you definitely want to pay attention to them and try to keep increasing them.
What are all the Splatoon 3 Salmon Run ranks?
There are 15 Splatoon 3 Salmon Run ranks, which offer the following pay grades as described on the Splatoon Wiki:
- Intern (tutorials) – 90% pay grade
- Apprentice (0-99) – 90% pay grade
- Part-Timer (0-99) – 115%-135% pay grade
- Go-Getter (0-99) – 140%-160% pay grade
- Overachiever (0-99) – 165%-185% pay grade
- Profreshional (0-99) – 190%-210% pay grade
- Profreshional 100 (100-199) – 215%-235% pay grade
- Profreshional 200 (200-299) – 240%-260% pay grade
- Profreshional 300 (300-399) – 265%-285% pay grade
- Profreshional 400 I (400-499) – 290%-310% pay grade
- Profreshional 400 II (500-599) – 315%-335% pay grade
- Profreshional 400 III (600-699) – 340%-360% pay grade
- Profreshional 400 IV (700-799) – 365%-385% pay grade
- Profreshional 400 V (800-899) – 390%-410% pay grade
- Profreshional 400 VI (900-999) – 415%-435% pay grade
Those ranks are what is available currently in game and the pay grade percentages represent the bonus pay you get after completing them. So, if you are an Apprentice you will get 90% of the base pay, increasing in intervals of 20% within a rank and 5% between ranks.
The calculations for these mean that you will earn higher bonuses at higher ranks if you can consistently complete rounds back to back. So, if you want to become a true Salmon Run champion, you need to really grind the ranks.
Now that you can begin climbing the Splatoon 3 Salmon Run ranks, you can begin pleasing Grizzco, earning those Grizzco Points and becoming a force within your job. In addition to Salmon Run, Splatoon 3 offers a wide range of other modes to play and we have an overview of the best weapons to use in multiplayer and the best abilities to equip onto your character across the game’s modes.