It can be difficult to survive the onslaughts of enemies, but fortunately, the chapters help spread the story and encounters out across multiple missions. This way, you can take a break and save between each one in Resident Evil 4 and return at a later time, unless you want to do it in one sitting (we don’t blame you!).
We loved spending time with this classic horror experience during our Resident Evil 4 review, but we know it can be hard to find the time to play hours in one sitting, especially when you see the Resident Evil 4 remake length can take upwards of 20 hours. Before you go find the best Resident Evil 4 weapons to use, here are how many chapters you’ll be expected to complete.
How many chapters are in Resident Evil 4 remake?
The Resident Evil 4 remake has 16 chapters to complete. These take place over the three core areas of the game: The Village, The Castle, and The Island.
Resident Evil 4 remake chapters list
The list of chapters and their length in the Resident Evil 4 remake are:
- Chapter 1 (60-80 minutes)
- Chapter 2 (45-60 minutes)
- Chapter 3 (40-55 minutes)
- Chapter 4 (50-65 minutes)
- Chapter 5 (25-40 minutes)
- Chapter 6 (30-40 minutes)
- Chapter 7 (60-90 minutes)
- Chapter 8 (30-45 minutes)
- Chapter 9 (50-75 minutes)
- Chapter 10 (45-60 minutes)
- Chapter 11 (45-65 minutes)
- Chapter 12 (30-50 minutes)
- Chapter 13 (60-90 minutes)
- Chapter 14 (80-100 minutes)
- Chapter 15 (50-70 minutes)
- Chapter 16 (10-20 minutes)
Most chapters can be completed in one sitting, while others like Chapter 14 can take a while. Fortunately, there are various typewriters across each chapter that can be used to save progress if you can’t make it to the end of the chapter.
Those are all of the Resident Evil 4 remake chapters that you’ll need to complete to beat the game. If you are struggling with the game, check out our Resident Evil 4 walkthrough which will help you towards finishing the remake, or if you’re already close to the end, find out whether there is a Resident Evil 4 new game plus mode or not.