PS Plus’ revamped subscription service is here with three different tiers of perks for you to choose from, each costing more than the last. The service is split into three tiers known as Essentials, Extra, and Premium.
Each tier offers different prices depending on whether you buy monthly, quarterly, or annually and the benefits range wildly between the Essentials, Extra, and Premium tiers. Overall, it is a big change to the service and it is expected to launch in the first half of 2022 in most territories. However, it does come with some long-awaited features like the ability to play classic PlayStation games from the PS1, PS2, PSP, and PS3 eras.
Below, you can find a run-through of all the new PS Plus subscription tiers, the key benefits they offer, the prices so you know the hole that will be left in your wallet depending on which tier of the service you buy.
PS Plus Subscription Tiers
These are the three PS Plus subscription tiers that you can choose to subscribe to:
- PlayStation Plus Essential
- PlayStation Plus Extra
- PlayStation Plus Premium
PlayStation Plus Essential Tier Price and Benefits
The Essential tier of PlayStation Plus includes two monthly downloadable games, cloud saves, multiplayer access, and exclusive discounts. This is the base tier all PlayStation Plus members currently have. The price for this version in all regions is as follows:
- United States – $9.99 monthly / $24.99 quarterly / $59.99 yearly
- Europe – €8.99 monthly / €24.99 quarterly / €59.99 yearly
- United Kingdom – £6.99 monthly / £19.99 quarterly / £49.99 yearly
- Japan – ¥850 monthly / ¥2,150 quarterly / ¥5,143 yearly
PlayStation Plus Extra Tier Price And Benefits
The benefits for the Extra tier of PlayStation Plus include a catalog of up to 400 PS4 and PS5 games. You also gain access to all the benefits from the Essential tier. All of these games are downloadable and include third party titles, indies, and PlayStation Studios games.
- United States – $14.99 monthly / $39.99 quarterly / $99.99 yearly
- Europe – €13.99 monthly / €39.99 quarterly / €99.99 yearly
- United Kingdom – £10.99 monthly / £31.99 quarterly / £83.99 yearly
- Japan – ¥1,300 monthly / ¥3,600 quarterly / ¥8,600 yearly
PlayStation Plus Premium Tier Price And Benefits
The Premium tier of PlayStation Plus includes another 340 games from the PS2, PS1, and PSP era which can be downloaded and PS3 games which can be streamed. Select game trials will also be offered to allow players to try games before they buy. Cloud streaming access for the library of games is available for PS2, PS1, PSP, and PS4 games, as well as PS3, where PlayStation Now is currently available.
- United States – $17.99 monthly / $49.99 quarterly / $119.99 yearly
- Europe – €16.99 monthly / €49.99 quarterly / €119.99 yearly
- United Kingdom – £13.49 monthly / £39.99 quarterly / £99.99 yearly
- Japan – ¥1,550 – monthly / ¥4,300 – quarterly / ¥10,250 yearly
These subscription tiers for the new service have been rumoured ever since this revamp was first leaked and the tiers are quite similar to what was initially leaked.
This change marks Sony’s big push to combat Microsoft’s Xbox Game Pass, which has built up a library over the last few years and features the latest games from Xbox’s own studios, a perk Sony isn’t offering.
However, each of these tiers is not horrifically priced if you buy yearly considering all the benefits. However, buying monthly will get quite costly.