Getting to know all the Octopath Traveler 2 characters will be the first thing you want to do as you are beginning your journey in the RPG. Eight new individuals are ready to meet and they all play their own way with their own Talents, Path Actions, and gameplay style.
In this article, you can find an overview of them all, and how they differ from one another, alongside how you can utilise some of their actions and abilities. You can also get a brief of their backstory and setup to see where they are when you start Octopath Traveler 2.
Agnea, the Dancer
Agnea is from Leafland, where the forest spreads. At just 18 years old, she has a big dream and begins her journey with a heart full of hope to fulfil it.
- Talent: Session – Any dancer move used in battle will grant bonuses to townspeople who have been brought along with you using ‘Temptation’.
- Path Actions: Temptation and Beg – During the day Agnea will be able to talk to local townspeople and bring them along with her using Temptation. At night, Beg will allow Agnea to beg for offerings from the locals.
Castti, the Apothecary
Castti Florenz’s tale begins in a small port town of the Harborlands. Adrift at sea, you awake with the realisation that you can’t remember your own name and your skills. With something nagging at you, you embark on your journey to recover what you have lost.
- Talent: Concoct – mix ingredients to produce an effect, healing Castti and her allies, removing debuffs.
- Path Actions: Inquire and Soothe – Inquire allows Castti to obtain information from NPCs during the day, while Soothe at night allows them to put enemies to sleep with her medicine.
Hikari, the Warrior
Hikari is from Hinoeuma. The young 21-year-old swordsman is the second prince of the country of Ku and its people are constantly at war as you journey in the game.
- Talent: Learned Tricks – Winning a battle, Hikari will learn a technique from his opponent that he can use in the future.
- Path Actions: Match and Bribe – During the daytime, Hikari can use Match to apply to battle local townspeople. During the night, Bribe allows him to bribe others with money.
Ochette, the Hunter
Ochette is a hunter whose tale begins on Toto’haha. Alongside your beasts, you like a carefree life until you learn of an approaching calamity known as the Night of the Scarlet Moon. Desperate to save your home, you set off on your journey.
- Talent: Capture and Prepare – Capture lets Ochette store enemies to be used later. Beasts who are captured can attack in battles. Prepare allows Ochette to also turn the beasts into food.
- Path Action: Provoke – Provoke allows Ochette to enter into battle with NPCs. However, she can’t attack, only able to capture enemies.
Osvald, the Scholar
A scholar born in the snow-swept reaches of the Winterlands, you are sentenced to life in prison for murdering your wife and daughter. With almost 2,00 days in your cell you see to exact our revenge and set out into the world.
- Talent: Study Foe – Identify an enemy’s weak point at the start of a battle, breaking foes much more easily.
- Path Action: Scrutinize and Mug – During the day, Osvald can get information from townspeople, however, failure while doing so harms his reputation. Mug allows Osvald to steal from people at night, but he has to battle them to do so.
Partitio, the Merchant
As a merchant in the Wildlands, you witness the fall and rise of the pioneer town you call home. As you set your gaze upon the horizon you have dreams to bring prosperity back to the place you love.
- Talent: Business Partners – Any of your hires outside of your battle can give you extra discounts in shops and free items.
- Path Action: Purchase and Hire: Purchase allows Partitio to obtain items from people during the day, coughing up gold but getting some gear in the process. At night, he can hire help on the streets to help him in battle.
Temenos, the Cleric
Temenos is a cleric, living in the mountainous region of the Crestlands. Although easygoing, a tragic incident takes place in their church while they are an inquisitor and you seek to find out what happened as there is more than meets the eye.
- Talent: Moonlight Judgment – Moonlight Judgment automatically triggers at the start of a night battle. This lowes the opponent’s accuracy and defence as they are blinded.
- Guide and Coerce: During the day, guide allies to move them around the battlefield and summon them to help. At night, force information out of people by breaking them in fights as you bring the opponent’s shield down to 0.
Throné, the Thief
A thief whose tale begins in the dazzling city of the Brightlands, you are a member of the Blacksnakes. Your goal, steal and clean. Determined to escape the cycle of bloodshed, you embark on a journey for your freedom.
- Talent: Blessing of Disguise – Automatically at the start of battles at night, raise the physical attack, elemental attack, and speed of your entire team.
- Path Actions: Steal and Ambush – Steal allows Throné to pickpocket the townsfolk and gain valuable items. Ambush allows Throné at night to knock people unconscious if her level is high enough.
That covers what you need to know about the Octopath Traveler 2 characters. For even more on the game, be sure to keep an eye out as we approach the Octopath Traveler 2 release date.