It is full steam ahead into the new year for Riot Games, and the studio has finally dropped the patch notes for League of Legends: Wild Rift patch 2.0. The new patch is currently rolling out in regions where the title is currently available.
Although the patch notes do not feature any balance changes at the time of writing, lead balance and mobile controls designer Alexander ‘Wav3break’ Huang has tweeted out a list of changes which will be reflected in our breakdown. There’s a whole host of feature and game system updates and additions as well, including ping replies, Party Finder, and a new way to access the emotes wheel.
And that’s not all, as the first patch of 2021 also sees the introduction of five new Yordle champions as well as a plethora of new skins, including a Glorious ranked reward skin for Tryndamere for those who reach Gold rank or higher in the new ranked Season 1. ‘When does Wild Rift ranked Season 1 start?’ you ask. Well, you’ll be able to start climbing the Wild Rift ranks once again on January 8.
In order to get you all prepared for the new ranked season, let’s get into those spicy Wild Rift patch 2.0 notes.
Corki, The Daring Bomber
Kennen, The Heart of the Tempest
Tristana, The Yordle Gunner
Lulu, The Fae Sorceress
Teemo, The Swift Scout
Master Yi – nerfed
- Wuju Style (3):
- Bonus true damage now only 33% effective versus structures.
Wukong – buffed
- Warrior Trickster (2):
- Clone now mimics the ability cast of Wukong’s Golden Staff (1).
Zed – nerfed
- Razor Shuriken (1):
- Missile width reduced from 175 to 125.
Some players have drawn attention to Evelynn and Gragas perhaps being a little overtuned. Wav3break has addressed the futures of both champions, so expect tweaks to them soon.
This Yi change is more to prevent an abuse case as opposed to actually targeting a meaningful nerf. Eve and Gragas are on our radars though. We will likely look to nerf Eve before Gragas.
— Alexander Huang (@wav3break) January 5, 2021
Her minion wave clear needs to be toned down, we are figuring out logistics on when we can address it ASAP. Things can be a bit slow at the beginning of the new year since people are on holidays! Bear with us :).
— Alexander Huang (@wav3break) January 5, 2021
CREST OF CINDERS (RED BUFF)
- True Damage per second reduced from (1.6 * Champion Level) + 10 to (1 * Champion Level) + 10.
EVOLVED CREST OF CINDERS
- True Damage per second reduced from (3.2 * Champion Level) + 15 to (1.5 * Champion Level) + 10.
- Eye damage reduced from 20% max HP to 15%.
- Eye now permanently closes at 20% HP remaining instead of 15%.
- Makes it easier for players to find premade lobbies
- Party owners can either restrict lobbies to their Friends list, or make them public (option to change in the top right corner of the lobby screen.)
- Players can find a lobby by selecting the option in the bottom left corner of the homescreen.
- Lobbies can be search filtered by type, while Party Finder will also automatically recommend eligible groups based on social connections and game preferences.
- Removed the latency indicator on the homepage due to inaccuracy.
- Added a network indicator to show whether players are on WiFi, 4G, etc.
- Added an in-game indicator to show ping during matches.
- Players can now show off their stats, either through saving them to their camera roll, or sharing via Facebook.
- Sharables include the end-of-game scoreboard, end-of-game personal performance, career most played champ, season rank, win streak, new champ acquired, new skin acquired, and leaderboard screens.
- Players can now explore the Wild Rift iteration of Summoner’s Rift in detail.
- Information is available on jungle monsters, epic monsters, plants, and structures.
- Players may now be prompted to take further performance-improving tutorials based on their gameplay.
- Visual updates to the tutorial and first champion unlock screen.
CHAMPION MASTERY EMOTES
- Players can now unlock a Champion Mastery Emote by reaching Mastery Level 5 with that champion.
- Can be equipped and utilised like any other in-game emote.
The new patch naturally features a slew of skins for the incoming Yordles. However Amumu, Ezreal, Janna, Jinx, and Varus are also getting some fresh new threads.
- Sad Robot Amumu
- Urfrider Corki
- Arcade Corki
- Star Guardian Janna
- Star Guardian Jinx
- Arctic Ops Kennen
- Star Guardian Lulu
- Dragon Trainer Lulu
- Star Guardian Lux
- Cottontail Teemo
- Guerilla Tristana
- Arclight Varus
- Little Devil Teemo
- Little Demon Tristana
- Wicked Lulu
- Super Kennen
- Star Guardian Ezreal
January 7 – January 13: Braum, Camille, Fizz, Graves, Jhin, Malphite, Orianna, Shyvana, Sona, and Varus.
January 14 – January 20: Akali, Alistar, Dr. Mundo, Draven, Jarvan IV, Miss Fortune, Soraka, Tryndamere, Xin Zhao, and Zed.
- Players can now reply to pings.
DRAGON/BARON RESPAWN TIMERS
- Spawn timers for both the Dragon and Baron Nashor have been added to the scoreboard.
- Minimap UI improvements.
- Enemy information on the scoreboard now updates only after players gain vision of them, instead of constantly in real-time.
NEW EMOTES WHEEL
- Players can now open the emotes wheel by holding down on their champion instead of clicking into the communications panel.
SYSTEM MESSAGE UI
- Players will no longer have their champion view obstructed by system messages.
- Players can now see a more detailed breakdown of key stats in the stats tab of the scoreboard.
- This includes how much % damage reduction their defensive items provide, as well as the conversion from ability haste to cooldown reduction.
- Towers now prioritise super minions over siege minions.
As previously mentioned, Wild Rift ranked Season 1 kicks off on January 8. For players who have been grinding away in the game’s competitive mode throughout Season 0, they can expect to receive their ranked rewards soon. These rewards include:
- A participation icon for everyone who played ranked during Season 0
- A player emblem for those who reached Gold tier and above.
There will also be a soft rank reset for Season 1, with ranked queues going down for three to four hours while the season transition takes place. Those who manage to reach Gold during Season 1 will also be rewarded with Wild Rift’s first Glorious skin, Glorious Tryndamere.
Players will be able to gain access to the five new Yordle champions through this exploratory event.
- Matchmaking will continue to be tuned to improve game quality and the ranked experience.
- The Leaderboard now updates every 10-15 minutes rather than every 24 hours.
- Chat improvements including better visual presentation for premade voice chat.
- Improved Friends list filters.
- UX changes for social interactions.