Horizon Forbidden West‘s Valor Surges are the main new tool in Aloy’s back pocket when it comes to combat. These Valor Surges offer up strong buffs for a short amount of time that can change the course of a fight.
Whether it be extra damage resistance, the ability to cloak, stronger melee attacks, or boosting elemental damage buildup on enemies, each one plays its own role. We have been through the list of them and picked out the best Valor Surges in Horizon Forbidden West, of which about half make the list.
But, in this guide we will touch on how to unlock Valor Surges in Horizon Forbidden West, so you can add them all to your arsenal or work towards getting the one you want within the game’s skill tree. Read on for what you need to do and which Valor Surges appear in which skill tree.
Horizon Forbidden West How To Unlock Valor Surges
Two Valour Surges can be unlocked in each of the six skill trees in Horizon Forbidden West by buying the three skills surrounding it. One Valor Surge can be found in the upper part of each skill tree and another can be found in the lower part of each skill tree. The Valor Surges within the skill trees reflect their overall focus.
Each tree has the following Valor Surges listed by with the top Valor Surge first and the lower one second:
- Critical Boost Valor Surge and Melee Might Valor Surge – Warrior tree
- Elemental Fury Valor Surge and Trap Specialist Valor Surge – Trapper tree
- Ranged Master Valor Surge and Powershots Valor Surge – Hunter tree
- Toughened Valor Surge and Overshield Valor Surge – Survivor tree
- Stealth Stalker Valor Surge and Radial Blast – Infiltrator tree
- Part Breaker and Chain Burst Valor Surge – Machine Master tree
That covers how to unlock Valor Surges in Horizon Forbidden West and all the different ones there are. For more tips take a look at our rundown of Horizon Forbidden West’s Weapon Techniques, all the Horizon Forbidden West machines, and our list of the best weapons in the game.