On your journey to become the ultimate wizard or witch in the most magical school in the world, you’ll need to make use of all Hogwarts Legacy Talents to finetune your abilities. This will help you strengthen your playstyle, whether you prefer to use magic for stealth, or cast Unforgivable Curses.
There are plenty of great Talents to learn in Hogwarts Legacy. From those that help strengthen all Hogwarts Legacy spells to those that help you in the Room of Requirement. So, before you head to your next lot of Hogwarts Legacy classes and lessons, make sure to spend those Hogwarts Legacy Talent Points and upgrade your character. These were found during our playthrough of the game for our Hogwarts Legacy review.
What are Hogwarts Legacy Talents?
Hogwarts Legacy talents are permanent upgrades for you character which you unlock while playing and levelling up:
- Spell Talents: Improving your character’s spells and attack power
- Core Talents: Improving your character’s overall stats like health and mobility.
- Stealth Talents: Improving abilities that aid you in hiding and moving unnoticed
- Dark Arts Talents: Improving use of the Dark Arts and curses
- Room of Requirement Talents: Improving the Room of Requirement and using it
Each category splits their pool of Talents into three level requirements, those being Level 5, Level 16, and Level 22.
There are a total of ten Spell Talents:
- Diffindo Mastery – Diffindo casts slice through enemies (Level 5)
- Incendio Mastery – A ring of fire will be cast at the player’s feet when casting (Level 5)
- Depulso Mastery – Depulso releases an additional blast around you (Level 5)
- Confringo Mastery – Confringo impacts product bolts that seek enemies (Level 5)
- Accio Mastery – Enemies near a target summoned by Accio will also be pulled (Level 5)
- Levioso Mastery – Enemies near a target affected by Levioso will also be affected by (Level 5)
- Bombarda Mastery – Bombarda causes a massive explosion on impact (Level 16)
- Descendo Mastery – Create a shockwave when an enemy lands (Level 16)
- Glacius Mastery – Hitting an enemy affected by Glacius will cause damaging shards to fly outward (Level 16)
- Transformation Mastery – enemies struck with Transformation become an explosive object (Level 22)
The Spells pool of Talents increases your skill and proficiency with some of the spells you’ll learn during your time at Hogwarts. Putting points into Talents such as Incendio Mastery will cause a ring of fire when you cast it, for example.
There are a total of 16 Core Talents:
- Basic Cast Mastery – Basic casts reduce spell cooldown (Level 5)
- Protego Absorption – Successful Protego blocks contribute to the Ancient Magic meter (Level 5)
- Swift – holding down Dodge allows you to vanish and reappear quickly (Level 5)
- Spell Knowledge 1 – Adds an additional spell set which you can switch to (Level 5)
- Spell Knowledge 2 – Adds an additional spell set which you can switch to (Level 5)
- Wiggenweld Potency 1 – Wiggenweld Potions heal to a greater effect (Level 5)
- Ancient Magic Throw Expertise – You can catch and throw disarmed weapons (Level 5)
- Basic Cast Airborne Absorption – Basic Casts on airborne enemies will contribute more to the Ancient Magic meter (Level 16)
- Protego Expertise – blocking a spell with Perfect Protego will send two projectiles back (Level 16)
- Evasion Absorption – successfully evading an unblockable attack contributes (Level 16)
- Stupefy Mastery – Enemies struck with Stuepfy remain stunned for longer (Level 16)
- Wiggenweld Mastery 2 – Wiggenweld heals to a greater affect (Level 16)
- Revelio Mastery – Increases the range of Revelio (Level 16)
Spell Knowledge 3 – Adds an additional spell set which you can switch to (Level 16)
- Protego Mastery – Perfect Protego releases a blast that breaks enemy shields (Level 22)
- Stupefy Expertise – Stupefy deals damage on impact (Level 22)
These are Talents that help your essential spells and abilities during Hogwarts Legacy. Whether you want an extra set of spells to be able to switch between or increase the potency of the Wingweld Potions, these will help you on your adventure.
There are a total of four Stealth Talents:
- Human Demiguise – Allows you to sprint when using Disillusionment (Level 5)
- Sense of Secrecy 1 – Enemies’ ability to detect you is reduced (Level 5)
- Sense of Secrecy 2 – Enemies’ ability to detect you is reduced (Level 16)
- Petrificus Totalus Mastery – Petrificus Totalus causes an area of effect that impact nearby enemies (Level 22)
Players who prefer to stay out of sight will love these Talents. By putting points into the Stealth category, which is the smallest of the five, you will decrease detection when using Disillusionment, or be able to take down enemies in a group when invisible.
Dark Arts Talents
There are a total of ten Dark Arts Talents
- Disarming Curse – Enemies hit with Expelliarmus are cursed (Level 5)
- Knockback Curse – Enemies hit with Flipendo are cursed (Level 5)
- Blood Curse – dealing damage to cursed targets deal damage to all cursed enemies (Level 5)
- Stunning Curse – Stuepfy causes enemies to be cursed (Level 5)
- Crucio Mastery – Striking an enemy with Crucio (Level 16)
- Imperio Mastery – An enemy cursed with Imperio causes other targets to be cursed with every strike (Level 16)
- Slowing Curse – Arresto Momentum curses enemies on impact (Level 16)
- Enduring Curse – Cursed effect remains on enemies for longer (Level 16)
- Avada Kedavra Mastery – Killing an enemy with Avada Kedavra kills all cursed enemies (Level 22)
- Curse Sapper – Defeating a cursed enemies restore some health (Level 22)
For those looking to invest in their darker abilities, the Dark Arts Talents will increase your skill with Unforgivable Curses, or by turning some normal spells into curses. Talents like the Disarming Curse will curse enemies who you cast Expelliarmus at, or the Stunning Curse will offer a similar ability for when you use Stupefy.
Room of Requirement Talents
There are a total of eight Room of Requirement Talents:
- Invisibility Potion Potency – Effect of Invisibility Potion lasts longer (Level 5)
- Fertiliser – For each Chinese Chomping Cabbage thrown, a second is generated and released at no cost (Level 5)
- Edurus Potion Potency – Using an Edurus Potion will make you invulnerable and deflect enemies projectiles back at them (Level 5)
- Maxima Potion Potency – Attacks will do additional damage and break enemy shields (Level 16)
- Headache – the damage and duration of the Mandrake effect is increased (Level 16)
- Focus Potion Potency – the duration of Focus Potion’s effect is increased when using any spell from a Spell Set is cast during use (Level 22)
- Noxious – Venomous Tentacular deals additional damage and breaks shields (Level 22)
- Thunderbrew Potency – the range and damage of the potion effect is increased greatly (Level 22)
If you love spending time in the Hogwarts Legacy Room of Requirement, these Talents will come in handy. You can increase the potency of some of the potions you’ll make in the Room of Requirement, or strengthen your different forms of magical vegetation like the Mandrakes.
That’s all Hogwarts Legacy Talents for you to learn while you’re finding your way around the Wizarding World. If you’re hoping to test those Dark Arts talents, find out about the Hogwarts Legacy Dark Arts Battle Arena, including how to unlock it and the Hogwarts Legacy Unforgivable Curses. For more help, while playing, you can also check out our full collection of guides in our Hogwarts Legacy walkthrough hub.
Hogwarts Legacy has drawn considerable criticism during its development, largely due to the fact that the creator of the Harry Potter series, J.K. Rowling, has made a number of transphobic remarks on social media in recent years.
While Avalanche has confirmed that J.K. Rowling is not “directly involved” in the development of Hogwarts Legacy, it is working with “her team” and Portkey Games, a Warner Bros. label dedicated to launching new experiences inspired by J.K. Rowling’s original stories. It is currently unclear whether she will earn any royalties from the game’s sale, but it is likely given it is based on her original body of work.