God of War Ragnarök pre-orders are sure to go live any day now, and Sony has already given us an outline of all the different versions of the game that will be available at launch. It’s all starting to feel pretty exciting, and it’s sure to rank among the best PS5 exclusives when it does finally come out.
Will it be worth going for the God of War Ragnarök pre-orders once they’re available? We reckon it will be. The game itself is looking pretty awesome, with a seemingly open hub world to explore between all of the action packed battle sequences. Meanwhile, with the story picking up three years after the previous game, we get to see Kratos’ son, Atreus, getting a little bigger and stronger.
It’s sure to be an interesting continuation, and on top of that, as the title indicates, this game is going to deal with Ragnarök, so we’ll get to see how Kratos, Atreus, and all of the other gods fare as the events which bring about the end of days are set into motion. It’s safe to say that not everybody will be making it out of there alive.
There are five different versions of the game, Standard, Digital Deluxe, Collector’s, and Jötnar Edition. Below, we’ve got an overview of all of them.
God of War Ragnarök: Standard Edition
If your primary concern is making sure that you get the game on the God of War Ragnarök launch date, then you should go for the Standard Edition. It will be available on both PS4 and PS5, with the option to upgrade to PS5 (for a fee) if you get the PS4 version.
God of War Ragnarök: Digital Deluxe Edition
Taking things up a notch, you have the Digital Deluxe Edition. Naturally, this one is exclusively available via digital download. It includes all of the following goodies:
- Both the PS4 and PS5 versions of the game
- Kratos Darkdale Armour
- Atreus Darkdale Attire (cosmetic)
- Darkdale Blades Handles for the Blades of Chaos
- Darkdale Axe Grip for the Leviathan Axe
- The official God of War Ragnarök Digital Soundtrack
- Dark Horse Digital Mini Artbook
- Avatar Set
- PlayStation 4 Theme
Keep in mind that the in-game bonuses require some progression before you buy them.
God of War Ragnarök: Collector’s Edition
After something fancy that isn’t digital-only? Understandable. The Collector’s Edition comes in a box based on the Knowledge Keeper’s Shrine, something which will be familiar to fans of 2018’s God of War. Inside, it has:
- A printed voucher code that will allow you to download the game for both PS5 and PS4
- A SteelBook display case (though it does not contain a disc)
- 2” Vanir Twins carvings, which will again be familiar to fans of the previous game, where they were seen as Astreus’ toys
- A Dwarven Dice Set which comes in a bag featuring the symbol of Yggdrasil
- 16” Mjölnir replica, which is your chance to wield the hammer of the mighty Thor
Additionally, you’ll get all of the bonuses included in the Digital Deluxe Edition.
God of War Ragnarök: Jötnar Edition
Last but not least, we have the uber-ultra fancy pants edition. In addition to everything mentioned in the editions above, this one also includes all of the following:
- A 7-inch vinyl record with music by Bear McCreary, the game’s composer
- The Falcon, Bear, and Wolf Pin Set. Each one of these represents a member of Kratos’ family: Faye, Kartos himself, and Atreus, respectively
- The Legendary Draupnir Ring in a red cloth bag
- Brok’s Dice Set: each one comes with a metallic silver finish and blue detailing
- Yggdrasil cloth map, which depicts each of the nine realms within the branches and roots of Yggdrasil, the sacred tree
God of War Ragnarök pre-order bonuses
Regardless of which edition you get, you’ll be treated to these two in-game cosmetic items:
- Kratos Risen Snow Armour
- Atreus Risen Snow Tunic
We don’t know when or if these will be made available to players post-release, so if you’re a completionist, you’ll definitely want to pre-order. As soon as these pre-orders are available, we’ll add the links here so that you can go ahead and buy them right away.
Anxious to learn more about the game? Our guide on God of War Ragnarök characters will give you some insight on who might be popping up in the new game.