Current-gen games are all about graphics modes, allowing you to properly customise your game to look and play how you want when exploring the Realms. That is a philosophy brought into God of War Ragnarok as Santa Monica Studio has included a whopping nine different God of War Ragnarok graphics modes across PS5 and PS4.
From favouring performance to focusing on the visual quality of the game, or finding a balance between the two, there are a lot of different ways to get the experience you want. Before you jump in yourself, you can find all the modes below, including which are exclusive to PS5.
God of War Ragnarok graphics modes
God of War Ragnarok has nine graphics modes across PS4 and PS5, confirmed by Santa Monica Studio. They are:
- Favour Performance – 1440p-2160p, 60 FPS target (PS5)
- Favour Performance + High Frame Rate – 1440p, unlocked 60 FPS (PS5)
- Favour Performance + High Frame Rate + VRR – 1440p, unlocked 60 FPS (PS5)
- Favour Quality – 2160p [Native 4K], 30 FPS target (PS5)
- Favour Quality + High Frame Rate – 1800p-2160p, 40 FPS target (PS5)
- Favour Quality+ High Frame Rate + VRR – 1800p-2160p, unlocked 40 FPS (PS5)
- Favour Performance – 1080p-1656p, unlocked 30 FPS (PS4 Pro)
- Favour Quality – 1440p-1656p, 30 FPS target (PS4 Pro)
- Standard – 1080p, 30 FPS target (PS4)
As mentioned, there are a lot of options here, although almost all of them offer the same graphics features, lighting etc, across whether they favour quality or performance. They don’t detail what changes with the lighting, textures, shadows, visual effects, etc. So, we will have to wait until someone takes a deep look at each of them after release.
But, there should be something here for what you prefer. Of course, those on PS4 get far more limited modes and the higher graphical options are only available on the PS4 Pro.
These God of War graphics modes though should give you more than enough time to figure out how you want to play the game and the best fit for your PS4, PS4 Pro, or PS5. While you are stewing over what to choose, dive into our other debriefs on the game, including the God of War Ragnarok weapons and the characters you will meet on your journey.