When Genshin Impact 2.6 introduced The Chasm, players quickly took to exploring this expansive new area to the west of Liyue. During their adventures, many have already bumped into a mysterious new addition to the Genshin Impact characters. Although her face wasn’t revealed, many were quick to point out that this is an upcoming character, hinting that the Genshin Impact Yelan release date is coming soon.
Introduced by HoYoverse as a “mysterious woman who claims to work for the Ministry of Civil Affairs”, Yelan is a Hydro bow user who excels at finding herself at the centre of major events. However, although Yelan’s true alias is shrouded in mystery within the game, data miners have actually known quite a lot about her for some time.
If current leaks are to be believed, the Genshin Impact Yelan release date is very soon indeed. And not only do we potentially know that, but oodles of information on Yelan’s abilities, gameplay, and even footage of her at work has surfaced online. Below, we’ve put together everything we’ve found so far – including all the latest beta changes – and will continue to update this guide up until Yelan makes her grand entrance.
Genshin Impact Yelan release date
The Genshin Impact Yelan release date is May 31. HoYoverse confirmed during the Genshin Impact 2.7 livestream that she would arrive with the first phase of the new version, as Genshin Impact characters Yae Miko and Kamisato Ayato did in versions 2.5 and 2.6 respectively.
Yelan ‧ Valley Orchid
A mysterious person who claims to work for the Ministry of Civil Affairs
— Genshin Impact (@GenshinImpact) March 28, 2022
Genshin Impact Yelan abilities
With Yelan currently residing in Genshin’s beta realm for testing, her full kit has already reportedly been leaked. As always, we’ll be sure to keep Yelan’s abilities updated as tweaks are made during the beta.
Normal Attack: Stealthy Bowshot
- Normal Attack: Perform up to four consecutive shots with a bow
- Charged Attack: Perform a more precise Aimed Shot with increased DMG
- While aiming, flowing water will accumulate on the arrowhead. A fully charged torrential arrow will deal Hydro DMG.
- Yelan will enter a ‘Breakthrough’ state after spending five seconds off field, which will cause her next Charged Aimed Shot to have 80% decreased charge time. Once charged, she can fire a ‘Breakthrough Barb’ that will deal AoE Hydro DMG based on Yelan’s Max HP
- Plunging Attack: Fires off a shower of arrows in mid-air before falling and striking the ground, dealing AoE DMG upon impact
Elemental Skill: Lingering Lifeline
- Fires off a Lifeline that allows Yelan to move rapidly, entangling and marking opponents along its path. When her rapid movement ends, the Lifeline will explode, dealing Hydro DMG to the marked opponents based on Yelan’s Max HP
- Tap: Moves a certain distance forward rapidly
- Hold: Engages in continuous, swift movement, during which Yelan’s resistance to interruption is increased. During this time, Yelan can control her sprint direction and can end her rapid movement by using the skill again. Additionally, each opponent marked by the Lifeline when it explodes grants Yelan a 34% chance to obtain Breakthrough
- Cooldown: 10 seconds
Elemental Burst: Depth-Clarion Dice
- Deals AoE Hydro DMG and creates an ‘Exquisite Throw’ which aids Yelan in battle. Exquisite Throw follows the character around and will initiate a coordinated attack, dealing Hydro DMG based on Yelan’s Max HP under the following circumstances:
- Can occur once every second when your active character uses a Normal Attack
- Will occur each time Yelan’s Lifeline explodes and hits opponents
- Cooldown: 18 seconds
- Duration: 15 seconds
- Energy cost: 70
#Yelan elemental skill and burst
— Genshin Mains – Your Guide to Teyvat (@genshinmains) March 30, 2022
Genshin Impact Yelan gameplay
There is plenty of beta Yelan gameplay footage already out there in the wild. Here you’ll find a collation of the latest clips showing off the Hydro bow user’s kit.
Here’s a comparison between Yelan and Xingqiu’s Elemental Bursts.
— memetrollsXD (@memetrollsXD) April 9, 2022
Genhin Impact Yelan passive talents
- Turn Control: When the party has 1/2/3/4 elemental types, Yelan’s Max HP is increased by 6%/12%/18%/30%
- Adapt With Ease: So long as an Exquisite Throw is in play, your own active character deals 1% more DMG. This increases by a further 3.5% DMG every second, up to 50%. Recasting the Depth Clarion Dice while the burst is still in effect will remove the original above effect
- Lengthy Consideration: Gains 25% more rewards when dispatched on a Liyue Expedition for 20 hours
Genshin Impact Yelan Constellations
- (C1) Enter the Plotters: Lingering Lifeline gains one additional charge
- (C2) Taking All Comers: When Exquisite Throw conducts a coordinated attack, it will fire an additional water arrow that will deal 14% of Yelan’s Max HP as Hydro DMG. This effect can trigger once every 1.8 seconds.
- (C3) Beware the Trickster’s Dice: Increases the level of Depth-Clarion Dice by three. Maximum upgrade level is 15.
- (C4) Bait-and-Switch: Increases all party members’ Max HP by 10% for 25s for every opponent marked by Lifeline when the Lifeline explodes. A maximum increase of 40% Max HP can be attained in this manner
- (C5) Dealer’s Sleight: Increases the level of Lingering Lifeline by three. Maximum upgrade level is 15
- (C6) Winner Take All: After using Depth-Clarion Dice, Yelan will enter the Mastermind state.
- In this state, all of Yelan’s Normal Attacks will be special Breakthrough Barbs. These barbs will have the same abilities as normal ones, and the DMG dealt will be be considered Charged Attack DMG, dealing 156% of a normal Breakthrough Barb’s DMG.
- The Mastermind state lasts 20 seconds, and will be cleared after Yelan fires five arrows
Genshin Impact Yelan Ascension materials
In order to fully-ascend Yelan you’ll want to take several trips to the Oceanid to farm plenty of Varunada Lazurite. For Starconches, a nice long walk along the shores of Liyue should yield a solid amount. Meanwhile, taking down Fatui will earn you plenty of insignias. Finally, Runic Fangs can be accrued by farming the Ruin Serpent boss down in The Chasm.
|Ascension Stage||Material #1||Material #2
|1||Varunada Lazurite Silver x1||Starconch x3||Recruit’s Insignia x3||–||20,000|
|2||Varunada Lazurite Fragment x3|| Starconch x10
||Recruit’s Insignia x15||Runic Fang x2||40,000|
|3||Varunada Lazurite Fragment x6||Starconch x20||Sergeant’s Insignia x12||Runic Fang x4||60,000|
|4||Varunada Lazurite Chunk x3||Starconch x30||Sergeant’s Insignia x18||Runic Fang x8||80,000|
|5||Varunada Lazurite Chunk x6||Starconch x45||Lieutenant’s Insignia x12||Runic Fang x12||100,000|
|6||Varunada Lazurite Gemstone x6||Starconch x60||Lieutenant’s Insignia x24||Runic Fang x20||120,000|
In order to get Yelan to level 90, you’re going to need the following:
- 1x Varunada Lazurite Sliver
- 9x Varunada Lazurite Fragment
- 9x Varunada Lazurite Chunk
- 6x Varunada Lazurite Gemstone
- 168x Starconch
- 18x Recruit’s Insignia
- 30x Sergeant’s Insignia
- 36x Lieutenant’s Insignia
- 46x Runic Fang
- 420,000 Mora
Genshin Impact Yelan talent materials
As with her Ascension materials, Yelan is going to need a load of insignias from Fatui to max out her talents. Prosperity books are what you’ll want to farm, which you can get from the Taishan Mansion Domain on Mondays, Thursdays, and Sundays. Finally, you’re going to need Gilded Scales, which can drop from Azhdaha in the level 70+ version of the Beneath the Dragon-Queller Trounce Domain.
|Talent Level||Material #1||Material #2||Material #3||Material #4||Mora|
|2||Teachings of Prosperity x3||Recruit’s Insignia x6||–||–||12,500|
|3||Guide to Prosperity x2||Sergeant’s Insignia x3||–||–||17,500|
|4||Guide to Prosperity x4||Sergeant’s Insignia x4||–||–||25,000|
|5||Guide to Prosperity x6||Sergeant’s Insignia x6||–||–||30,000|
|6||Guide to Prosperity x8||Sergeant’s Insignia x9||–||–||37,500|
|7||Philosophies of Prosperity x4||Lieutenant’s Insignia x1||Gilded Scale x1||–||120,000|
|8||Philosophies of Prosperity x6||Lieutenant’s Insignia x1||Gilded Scale x1||–||250,000|
|9||Philosophies of Prosperity x9||Lieutenant’s Insignia x2||Gilded Scale x2||–||450,000|
|10||Philosophies of Prosperity x12||Lieutenant’s Insignia x2||Gilded Scale x2||Crown of Insight x1||700,000|
In total, to max out one of Yelan’s talents players will need to dish out:
- 3x Teachings of Prosperity
- 21x Guide to Prosperity
- 38x Philosophies of Prosperity
- 6x Recruit’s Insignia
- 22x Sergeant’s Insignia
- 31x Lieutenant’s Insignia
- 6x Gilded Scale
- 1x Crown of Insight
- 1,652,500 Mora
And that’s all you need to know in the lead-up to the Genshin Impact Yelan release date. While you’re waiting on Yelan to arrive, it’s worth keeping an eye on the Genshin Impact banner in case there’s a character who could tempt your precious Primogems from you in the meantime.