Thanks to news from HoYoverse during the Special Program Genshin Impact 3.4 livestream and several official posts, the 3.4 update banners will bring with them a new four-star unit, Yaoyao. With that, you may be wondering about the Genshin Impact Yaoyao banner release date, abilities, and more for this unique new character.
If you’re looking to get any of the Genshin Impact banner characters, especially ones high up in our Genshin Impact tier list of best characters, then be sure to check out the latest Genshin Impact codes. What’s more, it also includes codes from the Special Program Genshin Impact livestream which grant lots of valuable Primogems.
In this guide, we’ll be giving the full rundown of when Yaoyao will come to the Genshin Impact 3.4 banners, as well as her abilities, Talents, and Constellations. If you want to get the best out of her, then be sure to consult our Yaoyao build guide.
Genshin Impact Yaoyao banner release date
HoYoverse has revealed that the Genshin Impact 3.4 banners for phase one will include Yaoyao, releasing January 18, 2023.
This official news finally confirmed plenty leaks and speculation, such as from reliable community leaker ‘Ubatcha’, that this character would be in the Genshin Impact 3.4 phase one banner.
Genshin Impact Yaoyao abilities
From the official post, we can see that Yaoyao is a Dendro character, which is a significant boost to the currently slim roster of Dendro characters, comprising only the Traveller, Collei, Tighnari, and Nahida, alongside Alhaitham. Yaoyao will wield a polearm and be the first Dendro healer in Genshin Impact, making her a potentially powerful addition to many team compositions, especially Nilou Bloom teams.
Here is everything we currently have about Yaoyao’s abilities in Genshin Impact.
Normal Attack – Toss ‘N’ Turn Spear
- Normal Attack: Performs up to four consecutive spear strikes.
- Charged Attack: Consumes a certain amount of Stamina to lunge forward, dealing damage to opponents along the path.
- Plunging Attack: Plunges from mid-air to strike the ground below, damaging opponents along the path and dealing AoE DMG upon impact.
Elemental Skill – Raphanus Sky Cluster
Yaoyao calls upon ‘Yuegui: Throwing Mode’, a device created by an Adeptus to help her solve her problems. Holding the ability will cause you to enter Aiming Mode, allowing you to adjust the throw direction.
Yuegui: Throwing Mode
When Yaoyao’s Elemental Skill is unleashed, she will deploy a Yuegui. Yuegui: Throwing mode will fire White Jade Radishes that will explode upon hitting characters or opponents, dealing Dendro DMG to opponents within range, or healing characters based on Yaoyao’s Max HP. If a White Jade Radish does not hit either an opponent or a character, it will remain on the ground until it either makes contact or it explodes after its duration expires.
Yuegui: Throwing Mode will have the following effects:
- If all nearby characters have mode than 70% HP, then it will target nearby opponents instead to deal damage.
- If nearby characters have 70% HP or less, it will target the active character or the lowest HP character when in Co-Op. If no opponents are nearby, Yuegui will throw White Jade Radishes at characters even if they are above 70% HP.
- A maximum of two Yuegui: Throwing Mode can be active at any given time.
Elemental Burst – Moondjade Descent
Yaoyao’s Elemental Burst utilises Yuegui’s full potential, dealing Dendro DMG to nearby opponents and entering Adeptal Legacy state.
Adeptal Legacy has the following effects:
- White Jade Radishes generated will be changed to heal and deal DMG simultaneously. Explosions heal all party members, and the Dendro DMG dealt will be considered Elemental Burst DMG.
- Summons ‘Yuegui: Jumping Mode’ intermittently until their limit has been reached. Yuegui: Jumping Mode has the same properties as Yaoyao’s Elemental Skill, Yuegui: Throwing Mode. A maximum of three Yuegui: Jumping Mode can exist at any given time.
- Yaoyao’s movement speed is increased by 15%.
- Yaoyao’s Dendro RES will be increased in this state.
Adeptal Legacy will end if Yaoyao leaves the field early, and all Yuegui: Jumping Mode will be cleared.
Genshin Impact Yaoyao passive talents
While affected by the Adeptal Legacy state initiated by Moonjade Descent (Elemental Burst), Yaoyao will constantly throw White Jade Radishes at nearby opponents when she is sprinting, jumping, or running. She can throw one White Jade Radish via this passive once every 0.6 seconds.
In Other’s Shoes
When White Jade Radishes explode, active characters within their AoE will regain HP every second based on 0.8% of Yaoyao’s Max HP. This effect lasts five seconds.
Tailing on Tiptoes
When Yaoyao is in the party, your characters will not startle Crystalflies and certain other animals when getting near them.
Genshin Impact Yaoyao Constellations
When White Jade Radishes explode, active characters within their AoE will gain a 15% Dendro DMG Bonus for eight seconds and have 15 Stamina restored to them. Stamina restoration in this manner can only be triggered once every five seconds.
While affected by the Adeptal Legacy state caused by Yaoyao’s Elemental Burst, Moonjade Descent, if White Jade Radish explosions damage opponents, three Energy will be restored to Yaoyao. Energy restoration in this manner can only be triggered once every 0.8 seconds.
Loyal and Kind
Increases the level of Raphanus Sky Cluster (Elemental Skill) by three. Maximum upgrade level is 15.
After using Raphanus Sky Cluster or Moonjade Descent, Yaoyao’s Elemental Mastery will be increased based on 0.3% of her Max HP for eight seconds. The maximum Elemental Mastery she can gain this way is 120.
Increases the level of Moonjade Descent (Elemental Burst) by three. Maximum upgrade level is 15.
For every two White Jade Radishes Yaegui: Throwing Mode throws out, the next throw will also release a Mega Radish that will have a larger AoE than the standard White Jade Radish and have the following effects upon exploding:
- Deals AoE Dendro DMG based on 75% of Yaoyao’s ATK.
- Restores HP for the active character based on 7.5% of Yaoyao’s Max HP.
- Every Yuegui: Throwing Mode can throw out a maximum of two Mega Radishes.
That’s everything you need to know about the Genshin Impact Yaoyao banner, the four-star Dendro healer arriving in the Genshin Impact 3.4 update. Don’t forget to keep up with the Genshin Impact next banner so you always know how to effectively plan ahead.