Fortnite is one of the biggest games, both in scope and popularity, out there right now. Hundreds of thousands of players log in at any one time to enjoy Epic Games’ crossover-heavy battle royale – or one of the game’s unique creative modes. This is all well and good, but it does also mean that when Fortnite goes down, it becomes a major issue. If you’re having trouble with the Fortnite ESP buimet 003 error code, we have everything you need to know about a fix.
This isn’t a code a lot of players have seen before, popping up notably in the morning of May 10, 2022, not long before the next batch of content for Chapter 3 Season 3 is expected. So, that has lead a lot of people to believe that the Fortnite ESP buimet 003 error code has something to do with some of the new content.
As always, Epic Games has addressed this issue – as they’re one developer that’s usually on the ball when it comes to these sorts of things – but they haven’t implemented a fix yet. However, there are a few things you can try yourself.
How to fix the Fortnite ESP buimet 003 error code
As far as we know, this particular error code only affects players on Xbox One, Xbox Series X, PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 5 consoles – which limits what you can actually do to combat it.
Earlier this year, an independent advisor for Microsoft suggested the following ways you can fix the Fortnite error code ESP buimet 003:
- Power cycle your console
- You can do this by holding down the power button and unplugging it – then, you will need to wait two minutes before restarting it.
- Remove and re-add your account
- You can do this by signing out of your account and removing it from your console – then, you will need to go through the new user process to sign in and re-add it to your console.
- Clear local game saves and persistent storage
- On Xbox, you can do this by selecting the “Clear Local Saved Games” option and the “Clear Persistent Storage” options from the Storage settings and the Disc & Blu-Ray settings.
- On PlayStation, this can be done by going to the Save Data and Game/App Settings and deleting the specific files you want to get rid off – Fortnite-related ones.
As you can see below, Epic Games is working on a fix – if the above doesn’t work, you may need to just wait until the issue is resolved. We know it’s a shame, but once an issue is solved, it usually doesn’t crop up too often again.
We're investigating an issue where some players are unable to log-in on Xbox and PlayStation consoles.
Will provide more info when we have a fix. pic.twitter.com/0uKLOfLX0K
— Fortnite Status (@FortniteStatus) May 10, 2022
If you’re looking for something to read about while you wait for a fix, why not check out the latest on the upcoming Fortnite Fall Guys crossover here. Or, you can check out our list of the best games like Fortnite – if you just can’t wait.