The transfer market is open for business for yet another year, but while managers might be on the hunt for a specific player to complete their Ultimate Team, others will be looking for the FIFA 23 cheapest players.
If you’re on a budget or you’re looking to complete one of many Squad Building Challenges, which test your knowledge of nationalities, leagues, clubs, and more, all for a juicy reward, you’re going to want to know who you can get on the cheap.
But you don’t just want cheap players, you’re going to want the cheapest high-rated FIFA 23 players – you know, the ones that’ll actually help you complete those pesky top-tier SBCs. So to help you solve these puzzles with ease, we’ve scoured the market, ripped through the bargain bins, finding the best deals in the process.
Here are some of the highest-rated players that are the cheapest in their class.
Cheapest FIFA 23 players for SBCs
We’re still in the early stages of the FIFA 23 life cycle and, as such, the transfer market is all over the place. While some players might go for pennies at the moment, their price might rise over the coming days. We’ll do our best to keep this guide up to date, but expect prices to settle once the FIFA 23 release date comes around and players are able to start kicking a ball about.
This guide will highlight the best SBC fodder for your challenges, as well as each player’s nationality and league for chemistry purposes.
FIFA 23 cheap 83-rated players
This isn’t an exhuastive list of the cheapest 83-rated players in FIFA 23, simply because there are so many.
While you can regularly pick these players up for under 1,000 coins, it’s worth double checking their prices on the market before committing – certain players might be in demand for SBCs – pushing their price up as a result.
- Ruben Neves (Portugal, Premier League)
- Cody Gakpo (Netherlands, Eredivisie)
- Lukas Hradecky (Finland, Bundesliga)
- Duván Zapata (Colombia, Serie A)
- Victor Osimhen (Nigeria, Serie A)
- Thomas Lemar (France, Ligue 1)
- Marco Asensio (Spain, LaLiga)
- Pau Torres (Spain, LaLiga)
- Unai Simón (Spain, LaLiga)
FIFA 23 cheap 84-rated players
These 84-rated FIFA 23 players are great options if you’re looking to inject a bit more skill into your SBCs. This isn’t a complete list since there are so many great 84-rated players to pick from, but here are some of the most popular.
These should be available for around 1,500-2,500 coins, but be wary – in the early stages of FIFA 23, you might find these go for a premium.
- Jack Grealish (England, Premier League)
- Lucas Hernández (France, Bundesliga)
- Federico Valverde (Uruguay, LaLiga)
- Dušan Tadić (Serbia, Eredivisie)
- Oyarzabal (Spain, LaLiga)
- Edin Dzeko (Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serie A)
- Alejandro Gómez (Argentina, LaLiga)
- Giorgio Chiellini (Italy, MLS)
FIFA 23 cheap 85-rated players
We’re climbing the ratings ranks now, so the prices are going to get a little steeper. These 85-rated players are great options if you’re looking to skew your SBCs ratings ever so slightly.
- Jorginho (Italy, Premier League)
- Sergio Busquets (Spain, LaLiga)
- Iago Aspas (Spain, LaLiga)
- Gerard Moreno (Spain, LaLiga)
- Péter Gulácsi (Hungary, Bundesliga)
- Jamie Vardy (England, Premier League)
FIFA 23 cheap 86-rated players
Below are some of the cheapest 86-rated FIFA 23 players. We usually see a big increase in prices for players of these ratings – so make your decision carefully.
- Milan Škriniar (Slovakia, Serie A)
- Nicolo Barella (Italy, Serie A)
- Lautaro Martínez (Argentina, Serie A)
- Kevin Trapp (Germany, Bundesliga)
- Thiago (Spain, Premier League)
FIFA 23 cheap 87-rated players
If you’re out of options, 87-rated players are a great way of completing your SBCs in a hurry. However, they come at a premium price – especially as players begin opening packs and building their early teams.
- Hugo Lloris (France, Premier League)
- Trent Alexander-Arnold (England, Premier League)
- Marco Veratti (Italy, Ligue 1)
- Mike Maignan (France, Serie A)
- Thomas Muller (Germany, Bundesliga)
FIFA 23 cheap 88-rated players
We’re getting into the business end of player ratings now and these players will all demand a high price on the transfer market. While there are quite a few 88-rated players to choose from, your best bets are the following.
- Toni Kroos (Germany, LaLiga)
- Luka Modric (Croatia, LaLiga)
- Rúben Dias (Portugal, Premier League)
FIFA 23 cheap 89-rated players
If you’re desperate for an 89-rated player, these are your best bets.
- Jan Oblak (Slovenia, LaLiga)
- Ederson (Brazil, Premier League)
- Harry Kane (England, Premier League)
- Joshua Kimmich (Germany, Bundesliga)
FIFA 23 cheap 90-rated players
And finally, the cheapest 90-rated FIFA 23 players. In the early days of FIFA 23, you’ll struggle to nab one of these for a decent price – so you might want to wait until things settle.
- Thibaut Courtois (Belgium, LaLiga)
- Manuel Neuer (Germany, Bundesliga)
So there you have it, our picks for the cheapest FIFA 23 players at the moment. Prices will change, of course, but our suggestions above should help you to a relatively cheap SBC solution that won’t break your bank balance.
If you’re looking for cheap(ish) players to bolster your Ultimate Team, do yourself a favour and take a look at the best FIFA 23 strikers, the best FIFA 23 goalkeepers, best FIFA 23 midfielders, best FIFA 23 fullbacks, and best FIFA 23 centre backs.
You can thank us later.