The Destiny 2 Solar 3.0 rework is finally here, bringing the fire-based subclass in line with Stasis and Void. After the massive success of the Void 3.0 update that launched with Destiny 2: The Witch Queen, Bungie has given the Solar Subclass a similar overhaul in Season of the Haunted.
In the same way that it reinvigorated Void builds across all three classes, Bungie has breathed new life into Solar – hot, flaming, raging life that not only leans heavily into the destructive natural power of fire, but adds a healthy dose of explosions and spectacle, too. It’s an important change, improving the effectiveness of every aspect of Solar.
As you hunt the enemies of humanity across the surface of the Moon and the returned Cabal ship, The Leviathan, you’ll leave a trail of flame in your wake so big the gods will notice you again – and isn’t that what a Solar Subclass should be about? But just what are you getting with the overhaul? Read on for everything you need to know about the Destiny 2 Solar 3.0 rework.
Destiny 2 Solar Rework
Just as with Stasis and Void, the new Destiny 2 Solar 3.0 rework is built around the concept of Aspects and Fragments. Aspects are class-specific modifiers that come with a set number of slots for Fragments, which are universal effects. Crafting a build requires the combination of these two elements to maximise effectiveness, efficiency, or both.
How to unlock Solar 3.0 in Destiny 2?
You will launch straight into Destiny 2 Season 17 introductory mission aboard the Leviathan with Solar 3.0 already accessible. However, while the Aspects are all unlocked right away, some of the Fragments are not.
Head to Ikora Rey in the Tower to unlock the others in return for Glimmer. Several Fragments are still unavailable, though. Some Void 3.0 Fragments only became available after the Vow of the Disciple Raid went live, so that may be the case here with a new Dungeon launching soon.
Destiny 2 Solar 3.0 Buffs and Debuffs
The rework adds a number of effects to Solar abilities, focused around buffing you and debuffing your enemies. Interestingly, there’s a lean into healing effects, something Bungie has often circled around outside of the Warlock class.
- Radiant: Your weapons are enhanced by the power of the Traveler and deal increased damage to foes.
- Restoration: You regenerate health and shields over time. Cannot be interrupted by taking damage.
- Cure: You are healed in a burst of mending Solar Light.
- Scorch: The target is singed by the destructive Solar Light, taking damage over time. Scorch damage increases as the target accumulates more Scorch stacks. After enough Scorch stacks are applied to the target, they Ignite.
- Ignition: A large Solar explosion which deals damage in an area around the target.
Destiny 2 Solar 3.0 Rework – Hunter
The Solar 3.0 Hunter is all about that DPS, keeping enemies alight with Scorch and Ignition while clearing adds by the dozen.
Hunter Super Abilities
- Golden Gun – Deadshot: Summon a rapid-fire flaming pistol that disintegrates targets with Solar Light. Causing Solar ignitions while your Super is active refunds a Golden Gun round. Benefits from being Radiant.
- Golden Gun – Marksman: Summon a flaming pistol that disintegrates targets with Solar Light. Your Golden Gun deals massively increased damage, overpenetrates targets, and creates Orbs of Power on precision hits. Benefits from being Radiant.
- Blade Barrage: Vault into the air and unleash a volley of Solar-charged explosive knives.
Hunter Melee Abilities
- Proximity Explosive Knife: Throw a knife that attaches to surfaces on impact and explodes when it detects a nearby target.
- Weighted Throwing Knife: Throw a knife that deals extra precision damage and causes scorched targets to ignite.
- Lightweight Knife: Quickly throw a knife that deals moderate damage. Precision hits with this knife make you Radiant for a short duration.
- Knife Trick: Throw a fan of flaming knives that scorch targets on hit.
- Knock ‘em Down: Your Solar Supers are enhanced. Deadshot has increased duration, Marksman has increased damage resistance and duration, and Blade Barrage launches more projectiles. While radiant, final blows with your equipped Throwing Knife fully refund your melee energy. Fragment slots: 2.
- Gunpowder Gamble: Defeat targets with abilities, Solar debuffs, or Solar weapons to charge up an improvised Solar grenade. Shoot it in mid-air to cause Ignition. Fragment slots: 1.
- On Your Mark: Precision final blows grant you and nearby allies increased weapon handling and reload speed for a short duration. Stacks 3 times. Activating your class ability immediately grants maximum stacks of On Your Mark. Fragment slots: 3.
Destiny 2 Solar 3.0 Rework – Titan
The Solar 3.0 Titan is a powerhouse of destructive force, built for massive damage and sowing chaos among the enemy.
Titan Super Abilities
- Hammer of Sol: Summon a flaming hammer and wreak destruction down upon your enemies. Upon impact, your hammers shatter into molten shards.
- Burning Maul: Summon a flaming maul and crush your enemies with the force of an earthquake. Spin the maul in a circle around you, damaging nearby targets, or slam it into the ground to create a cyclone of flames that seeks targets.
Titan Melee Abilities
- Throwing Hammer: Throw a hammer from a distance. Picking up a thrown hammer fully recharges your melee ability. If the hammer struck a target, picking it up grants cure.
- Hammer Strike: After sprinting for a short time, use this melee ability to swing a blazing hammer that scorches targets and deals damage in a cone behind them. If your target is defeated by a Hammer Strike, they ignite.
- Sol Invictus: Solar ability final blows, Hammer of Sol impacts, and defeating scorched targets creates Sunspots. Your abilities regenerate faster, and your Super drains more slowly when standing in a Sunspot. Sunspots apply scorch and deal damage to targets inside. Entering a Sunspot applies restoration. Fragment slots: 2.
- Consecration: While sliding, activate your charged melee ability to launch a wave of Solar energy forward, damaging and scorching targets in front of you as you leap into the air. While airborne, activate your melee again to slam into the ground and create a second larger wave. If the wave hits a scorched target, they ignite. Fragment slots: 1.
- Roaring Flames: Final blows with Solar abilities or ignitions increase the damage of your Solar abilities. Stacks 3 times. Fragment slots: 2.
Destiny 2 Solar 3.0 Rework – Warlock
The retooled Solar 3.0 Warlock is a force to be reckoned with. The new Aspects make you a menace in the air and on the ground, allowing for more ways to support your fireteam and clear the way.
Warlock Super Abilities
- Daybreak: Fashion Solar Light into blades to smite your foes from the sky. Your Daybreak projectiles launch a streak of deadly flames on impact.
- Well of Radiance: Thrust your sword into the ground, damaging and scorching nearby targets. The sword projects a continuous aura, granting restoration and radiant effects to nearby allies, protecting them from the effects of Stasis.
Warlock Melee Abilities
- Incinerator Snap: Snap your fingers to create a fan of burning sparks that explode and scorch targets.
- Celestial Fire: Send out a spiral of three explosive Solar energy blasts.
- Icarus Dash: Dodge quickly while airborne. While Heat Rises is active, you have an additional dodge. Fragment slots: 2.
- Heat Rises: You can fire weapons, melee, and throw grenades while gliding. Final blows while airborne increase the duration of Heat Rises and grant melee energy. Consumes your grenade to cast. Fragment slots: 2.
- Touch of Flame: Improves the strength of your Healing, Solar, Firebolt, and Fusion Grenades. Also adds additional effects to each. Fragment slots: 2.
Destiny 2 Solar 3.0 Fragments – Universal
- Ember of Singeing: Your class ability recharges faster when you scorch targets.
- Ember of Benevolence: Applying restoration, cure, or radiant to allies grants increased grenade, melee, and class ability regeneration for a short duration. -10 Discipline.
- Ember of Beams: Your Solar Super projectiles have stronger target acquisition. +10 Intellect.
- Ember of Empyrean: Solar weapon or ability final blows extend the duration of restoration and radiant effects applied to you. -10 Resilience.
- Ember of Combustion: Final blows with your Solar Super cause targets to ignite. +10 Strength.
- Ember of Torches: Powered melee attacks against combatants make you and nearby allies radiant.
- Ember of Char: Your Solar ignitions spread scorch to nearby targets. +10 Discipline.
- Ember of Tempering: Solar Weapon final blows grant you and your allies increased recovery for a short duration. Stacks 3 times. While Ember of Tempering is active, your weapons have increased airborne effectiveness. -10 Recovery.
- Ember of Blistering: Defeating targets with Solar ignitions grants grenade energy.
- Ember of Solace: Radiant and restoration effects applied to you have increased duration.
- Ember of Eruption: Your Solar ignitions have increased area of effect. +10 Strength.
- Ember of Ashes: You apply more scorch stacks to targets.
- Ember of Wonder: Rapidly defeating multiple targets with Solar ignitions generates an Orb of Power. +10 Resilience.
- Ember of Searing: Defeating scorched targets grants melee energy. +10 Recovery.
Destiny 2 Solar 3.0 Grenade Abilities – Universal
- Solar Grenade: Continuously damages and scorches targets trapped inside.
- Tripmine: Sticks to surface and detonates when an enemy passes through its laser trigger, dealing damage and scorching them.
- Thermite Grenade: Sends forth a burning line of fire, damaging and scorching targets in its path.
- Incendiary Grenade: Explodes in a fiery burst and heavily scorches targets.
- Swarm Grenade: Detonates on impact, releasing drones that seek nearby targets. Each drone slightly scorches targets.
- Fusion Grenade: Attaches to targets, damaging and moderately scorching on impact.
- Firebolt Grenade: Unleashes bolts of Solar Light that damage and slightly scorches nearby targets.
- Healing Grenade: Cures allies on impact and creates an orb of benevolent Solar Light that grants restoration to allies when picked up.
3000 (+500 BONUS) Destiny 2 Silver – PS4/ PS5 3000 (+500 BONUS) Destiny 2 Silver – PS4/ PS5 $29.99 Buy Now Network N earns commission from qualifying purchases via Amazon Associates and other programs. 3000 (+500 BONUS) Destiny 2 Silver – Xbox 3000 (+500 BONUS) Destiny 2 Silver – Xbox $29.99 Buy Now Network N earns commission from qualifying purchases via Microsoft and other programs.
So that’s the complete breakdown of the Destiny 2 Solar 3.0 rework. Have fun reducing your enemies to little steaming puddles in the name of humanity with your new abilities, as well as some of the best Destiny weapons.