Are you curious how to get the Destiny 2 Centrifuse weapon, as well as the traits and perks on offer with it? With Season of the Deep now here, you can get your hands on this exciting auto-rifle that really plays into the aged and worn nature of some of the other weapons in the season, fitting the deep sea theme.
Alongside its visuals, the perks and traits on offer with this weapon are interesting and they potentially have a chance to really change up the current game in Crucible. So, if you want a brief of what to expect from this weapon in Destiny 2, read on below.
Destiny 2 Centrifuse perks and traits
The Destiny 2 Centrifuse exotic weapon comes with the following perks and traits:
- Overcharge Capacitor – Sprinting, sliding, and firing this weapon builds a temporary electrostatic charge, increasing range and reload speed. Final blows with high charge cause explosions, and maximum charge explosions blind targets. (Intrinsic Trait)
- Corkscrew Rifling – Balanced Barrel – slightly increases range and stability, as well as handling speed. (Barrel)
- Appended Mag – This weapon has an increased magazine size. (Magazine)
- Regenerative Motion – Sprinting gradually reloads this weapon. (Trait)
- Hand-Laid Stock – This weapon has increased stability, optimized for recoil control. (Stock)
This auto rifle fits into the low rate-of-fire, low magazine archetype, which is the better variant of the weapon type. As such it could definitely be a strong contender in PvP, in addition to PvE. Its Overcharge Capacitor Intrinsic Trait particularly stands out with its explosions and passive effects, likely to be very powerful in Crucible when using some of the best Destiny 2 PvP weapons.
How to get Centrifuse in Destiny 2
Centrifuse in Destiny 2 can be obtained by reaching rank 1 in the paid season pass or rank 35 in the free season pass for Season of the Deep.
It is pretty easily obtained and so long as you are completing quests, bounties, and activities you should be able to use it pretty quickly! It looks pretty sleek in the Season of the Deep trailer, which you can see below:
After all the electrostatic charge is a pretty powerful boost and the extra range and reload speed are extremely useful for auto rifles. The explosions also fit nicely within the Season of the Deep activities, like Salvage in Destiny 2.
Destiny 2 Centrifuse Catalyst
To get the Centrifuse Catalyst in Destiny 2, complete the Higher Voltage quest obtained from the Gunsmith after acquiring the weapon. This Catalyst will cause the weapon to gradually overcharge while Amplified.
There are three steps to the Higher Voltage quest for the Centrifuse Catalyst:
- Step 1: Rapidly defeat targets 20 times and get 40 Arc final blows
- Step 2: Earn Calibration Data from completing activities
We’ll update this guide once we know the third and final Higher Voltage quest step for the Centrifuse Catalyst, but it’s likely to involve simply returning to the Gunsmith, Banshee-44, in the Tower.
Now you know how to get Centrifuse in Destiny 2, why not take a look at some of the other items on offer in Season of the Deep? These include some incredibly unique cosmetics inspired by PlayStation franchises including God of War, Horizon, Ratchet & Clank, and more.