Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is a game with a lot of moving parts. As such, the game is in a constant state of flux, with the developers – Valve – needing to push out updates every couple of weeks to keep the game balanced.
In recent months, Valve’s approach to updates is to keep them coming little and often. So, the CS:GO patch notes might not be as meaty as other games you play. That might be disappointing to hear, but you’ll find that these updates are full of small fixes that keep the game – and its players – in check.
So, if you’re looking to play one of the best competitive FPS games out there and climb up the CS:GO ranks, you’re going to want to stay on top of the latest changes. Here’s the last couple of CS:GO patch notes for you to look at.
CS:GO PATCH NOTES JULY 12 2022
Another small CS:GO update which returns name tags to their rightful place. Here are the patch notes in full:
- Fixed a regression in the kill panel to show the killer’s weapon.
- Fixed a rare interruption in map veto process in Premier matchmaking when players disconnect.
- Updated low violence version of “R8 Revolver | Crazy 8” weapon finish.
- Wheeled out the ancient usable cannons
- Docks building roof is now easily accessible
- Began reconstructing house near Industry
- Drops can now spawn on docks building
- Drops can no longer spawn above rock tunnel near Observatory
- Added weapon spawns at Docks building, Hospital and Industry
- Removed place names when pinging
- Improved clipping at Tourist
- Minor other changes
- Reworked handrails to prevent headpeeks
- Removed train horn sound on bombsite
- Made middle statue area a bit brighter
CS:GO PATCH NOTES JUly 7 2022
Another small update and one that brings a brand new CS:GO case.
- Introducing the Recoil Case, featuring 17 community-designed weapon finishes.
- Construction work has progressed.
- Added rock path near Observatory.
- Added rock tunnel near Observatory.
- Added some rocks in water near Helipad.
- Minor bug fixes.
- Added support to map-placed weapons in custom maps loaded with game_type 3.
- Added support for community dedicated servers to execute gamemode_custom_server.cfg when running custom maps with game_type 3.
CS:GO PATCH NOTES JUNE 23 2022
This super small update concerns CS:GO on the Steam Deck. Here are the changes:
- Steam Deck now allows other game controllers to be connected via
- Steam Input. All connected controllers combine inputs. (You can play with Gyros Akimbo if you are very cool).
- “Combined Yaw & Roll” is the new default Gyro conversion on Steam Deck. All other controllers default to “Yaw”
- Radial menus (in particular, Quick Buy radials) no longer persist when dying.
- Some glyph fixes in Spectator mode.
CS:GO Patch notes June 15 2022
The CS:GO patch notes for June 15 include a nerf to the M4A1-S and tweaks to five maps. Check them out:
- Reduced the M4A1-S magazine size to 20 bullets, with 80 in reserve.
- Remove cratestack outside of “cave” location
- Fixed pixelgap from inside “cave” towards T mid
- Fixed ground clipping bugs in mid causing players to go slightly airborne
- Smoothed out ground outside of “cave” down towards B ramp
- Blocked archeological dig inside of “cave”
- Smoothed out corners in “donut” room
- Added additional cover near pillar on B
- Blocked one sidepath exit towards A site, widened remaining exit
- Fixed some visual glitches when looking out towards mid from “donut” room
- Reduced wallbang damage through scaffolding at B site
- Boosted light emitted from candles/lanterns
- Increased bomb explosion damage from 500 to 620
- Another attempt at fixing molly through floor bug at mid
- Removed a position by ramp corner
- Fixed an exploit. (Thanks El_Exodus!)
- Performance and stability improvements
- Ivy now sways in the wind
- Fixed displacement vphysics issues
CS:GO PATCH NOTES 03/05/2022
This patch introduces the viewer pass and the pick’em challenge for the Antwerp 2022 Major. While there are no significant changes to the game itself, some maps have received some minor tweaks. Here’s the full patch notes:
- The Viewer Pass and the Viewer Pass + three souvenir tokens are now available to purchase.
- Team stickers and player autograph stickers are available to purchase
- Fixed reduced buy zone in T spawn
- Geyser at Construction now pushes the player upwards with less force
- Fixed bug with crates giving the player insanely high velocity
- Fixed finishing warmup inside the elevator stopping players from jumping
- Fixed other minor bugs
CS:GO PATCH NOTES 25/04/2022
Another CS:GO patch, this time fixing a few random bugs, as well as tweaks to Climb, Crete, Iris, and Vineyard. They are as follows:
- Miscellaneous improvements to better support Steam Input
- Buy Menu can be more easily navigated with Controller.
- Remade all climbing wall models for graphical and performance improvements.
- Added ropes nearly climbing walls
- Lowered extinguishes and railings in blue stairs
- Various minor details added
- Clipping improvements
- Added nut
- Added barrels to disrupt existing data
- Added grenade clips on restaurant ceiling
- Adjusted spawns slightly
- Removed screwdriver that could be mistaken for a dropped weapon
- Added vphysics clip on main hall to prevent it from swallowing guns
- Fixed lighting on lobby pillar
- Fixed broken deathmatch spawn
- Fixed floating objects
- Fixed some spelling errors
- Added new artwork to side gallery
- Fixed incorrect roof material
- Moved crates clipping through each other
- Fixed pixel wall
- Various clipping improvements
- Improved clipping on car near Tunnel, fixed curbs near Diner, and added grenade clips
- Fixed bomb stuck spots
- Fixed spots where molotovs could clip players through walls
- Minor visual improvements
- Fixed a regression in Village that could be used to get out of bounds
- Reduced the amount of small displacements across the map for better stability
- Changed windows in Fort
- Fixed spot near the river where you could get stuck
CS:GO PATCH NOTES 28/03/2022
Another small CS:GO update, fixing two maps; Ember and Vineyard. Here are the CS:GO patch notes in full.
- Removed old clips on stairs at Rock Pool B
- Replaced stairs at Rock Pool B with new metal stairs
- Fixed loads of minor bugs
- Geyser west of ruins now pushes the player upwards with less force
- Added more spawn drops around Lighthouse area
- The extraction fans on Apartments can now be stood on
- Fixed visual bug in tunnels below Hospital
- Fixed non solid door at Hospital
- Added new map location names (Barn, Broken Bridge, Castle, Chapel, Farm, Field, Fort, Mill, Ruins, Sewers, Temple, Villa, Vineyard, Winery)
- Added collision to balconies in Fort
- Adjusted stair clipping
- Added drone clips around Docks
- Fixed stuck spots
- Fixed miscellaneous bugs
CS:GO PATCH NOTES 14/03/2022
In the latest CS:GO update, three maps have received fixes. These are:
- Lowered window through site.
- Blocked one of the windows at top of mid.
- Raised planks on dropdown route.
- Fixed various bomb stuck spots and pixel boosts.
- New sun angle.
- Reduced window height on Heaven B-site.
- The glass window in the office is smaller.
- Moved chairs that obstructed player movement in Ice Cream
- Removed the Jerry Can on B-site that gave CTs an unfair advantage
- Slight FPS increase across the map.
- Removed some clutter around the map.
- Increased readability on various spots around the map.
- Fixed floating props, clipping and nodraw textures
- Visual improvement to CT spawn.
- New radar image.
- Added callout place names.
- Further improvements to optimization.
- Added new geysers at Apartments and Lava Pit.
- Added new entrance to Lighthouse.
- Added ladder at Research.
- Spaced out the Church pews.
- Added ladder to Apartments and altered the surrounding area.
- Allowed access to Apartments balconies.
- Fixed see through walls on top of Apartments.
Fixed small section of terrain causing damage at Lava Pit.
- Fixed many stuck spots and minor bugs
That’s it for the latest CS:GO patch notes. If you’re looking for the full breakdown, make sure you head over to the CS:GO website.