Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is a game with many moving parts. As such, the game is in a constant state of flux, with developers Valve needing to push out updates every couple of weeks to keep the game’s weapons and maps balanced.
Valve’s approach to updates are to keep them coming little and often, so you’ll find the CS:GO patch notes aren’t as meaty as some of the other games you play. While it might be disappointing to hear that the latest update isn’t full of brand new content, you’ll usually find the small fixes made here and there keep the game – and its players – in check.
So if you’re looking to grind one of the best competitive FPS games out there and climb the CS:GO ranks, you’re going to want to stay on top of the comings and goings of the game. So, here are the last couple of CS:GO patch notes for your perusal.
CS:GO Patch notes 22/07/2021
The July 22 CS:GO patch makes a tweak to griefing reports and deploys fixes for Pitstop and Mocha
Dreams & Nightmares
- Added a checkbox for workshop submissions to be entered into the Dreams & Nightmares Contest.
- Players that receive unusually high amounts of griefing reports will get a warning, followed by escalating competitive cooldowns.
- Patched hole in clipping on upper balcony.
- Improved skybox and fog.
- Fixed broken collision model on bombsite tent.
- Removed pixel walk on outside box.
- Added dev texture.
- Several windows opened in B site to allow for grenade throws.
- Wall from CT spawn into Middle raised to remove a boost.
- Added a trash bin in front of T spawn to self jump up.
- Foliage platform above the A site plant zone is no longer clipped.
- Truck near B site is no longer clipped.
- Geometry adjusted to fix an angle from T side into CT side of Middle.
- Minor clipping and optimization improvements.
- Fixed multiple bomb stuck spots.
CS:GO Patch Notes 06/07/2021
A very small update making a couple of matchmaking changes and a few fixes and stability improvements.
- Premier matchmaking can now be selected together with other competitive maps.
- Added competitive matchmaking presets and ability to save/load favourite map selections.
- Added a link to CS:GO Fair Play Guidelines when playing on official game servers.
- Bullet penetration check will ignore the firing player model entirely.
- Fixed bot difficulty selector to correctly apply for offline with bots War Games matches.
- Stability improvements.
CS:GO PATCH NOTES 8/06/2021
This CS:GO update was tiny in comparison to some of the others in recent weeks. Live match links were fixed, AI bevhavioural trees were tweaked, ammo counts were added to the Blackboard, and Pitstop was given a graphical update.
CS:GO PATCH NOTES 3/06/2021
This patch includes by far the biggest change to CS:GO in a long time. Valve has decided Prime status can no longer be earned, forcing players who wish to grind for the CS:GO ranks to pay for the privilege.
Non-Prime players can still play CS:GO through a new unranked mode, but they won’t be able to earn XP, ranks, item drops, and service medals.
Here are the full patch notes:
- Non-Prime status accounts will no longer earn XP, Ranks, Skill Groups, item drops, or Prime status through play time.
- Non-Prime accounts will not be able to participate in Ranked matches.
- Non-Prime accounts will not be able to activate Bonus Rank XP items and can no longer claim Service Medals.
Related: Is your CS:GO crosshair up to scratch?
- Introducing Unranked matches for Competitive, Wingman, and Danger Zone game modes.
- While still using skill-based matchmaking, Unranked matches do not affect Skill Group and have no Skill Group party restrictions.
- Non-Prime accounts are restricted to Unranked, whereas Prime accounts may choose between Ranked and Unranked.
- Ranked matches will always be with other Prime players, exclusively, whereas Unranked matches will be created from the mixed pool of Non-Prime players — and Prime players that have chosen to play Unranked.
- Added “DebugDrawBoxAngles” to draw oriented bounding boxes. Usage: DebugDrawBoxAngles( ent.GetOrigin(), ent.GetBoundingMins(), ent.GetBoundingMaxs(), ent.GetAngles(), r, g, b, a, time);
- Added “GetBoundingMinsOriented” and “GetBoundingMaxsOriented” functions that return the axis-aligned bounding box of an entity taking its current orientation into account.
- Scrimmage has been removed from Competitive matchmaking, and has been replaced by Unranked matchmaking.
- Added Import button to Workshop Workbench that takes a .tga file and generates a .vtf file. If the .tga file name contains “_normal” the generated .vtf file will be compiled with the ‘normal’ flag.
CS:GO PATCH NOTES 27/05/2021
A small patch which fixes a number of bugs. Ancient, Grind, Cache, and Mocha have all received updates in this patch to help visibility and performance optimisation.
You can see the full list of map changes below:
- Art-revision on bombsite B and surrounding area
- Higher contrast base textures at B for better player reads
- Fixed random missing micro-polygons in bomb B totem/sculpture
- Recolored plywood throughout the map for better contrast
- Straightened out broken-wall passage to bombsite B
- Tweaked spawnpoint placement for both teams
- Reduced lurk positions in mid for more fluid rotations
- Lowered cover on A Short to allow boosting over smokes
- Removed unintended boost locations
- Fixed multiple bomb stuck spots
- Minor quality of life and art updates
- Clipping improvements
- Navigation mesh improvements
- Added additional bombsite markers
- Bug fixes: deathmatch gamemode spawns, CT spawn soundscape, minor lighting errors
- Performance optimizations
- Reduced bird sounds volume
- Reduced contrast on some textures
- Brightened sky slightly
- Fixed minor issues
- Restored vivid color to select textures and models
- Restored select details even on lowest graphical settings
CS:GO patch notes 13/05/2021
Since this patch is ten days on for the last big CS:GO update, it contains lots of small bug fixes for maps. You can find these in full below:
- Implemented Cubby 2.0 in mid connector to A, to remove cheap shoulder angle towards site
- Slimmed down the fancy rock, also in mid connector to A
- Sparsed foliage and improved clipping on boost planter near A main
- Quieted down soundscape birds
- Removed clipping from top of bombsite sign in A site, allowing you to self-boost to planter by T main
- Added physics clip to T spawn water so guns don’t fully submerge
- So many clip brush tweaks
- Blocked grenades from entering inaccessible building by T entrance to mid
- Blocked pixelgaps through scaffolding near B site
- Blocked pixelgaps through doorway trim in new CT path to A site
- Simplified grenade collision on rooftops
- General optimizations
- Made wall on A long surfable
- Fixed invisible wall near B site
- Fixed out of map boost near A site
- Fixed collision of wall near A site
- Fixed collision of pillars around A site
- Minor art updates around T spawn
- Fixed a regression with airdrops
- Fixed stuck spots
- Fixed a gap in terrain
- Reworked watchtower models
That’s it for the latest CS:GO patch notes. If you’re looking for the full breakdown, make sure you head over to the CS:GO website.