We’re used to getting a new Call of Duty every year, or every couple of years at least, and now its next outing the series is returning to a modern setting in the form of Modern Warfare 2. And with the new Call of Duty comes new weapons, so you might be wondering what kind of Modern Warfare 2 weapon customisation features will be included in the new shooter. Its guns galore in the new Call of Duty, so Modern Warfare 2 weapon customisation is an area you’re going to want to pay attention to if you want to build the best loadouts to take on the opposing team.
Modern Warfare 2 weapon customisation
Here are all the Modern Warfare 2 weapon customisation features that are in the latest Call of Duty game:
- Attachments: barrel, muzzle, grip, laser, ammunition, magazine, optic, stock, and grip
- Receiver: add attachments from other weapons in the same family
- Weapon Blueprints: makes a pre-built and custom weapon
- Weapon Vault: New for Modern Warfare 2, weapon Vaults are similar to Blueprints but allow you to customise specific parts of your weapon with the same theme (like a stock), rather than the whole thing
- Camo: adds various camouflages to your weapon
- Stickers: customises your weapon with various stickers
- Weapon charms: attach to your weapon and dangles like a charm on a keychain for extra personality
The Gunsmith has been revamped for Modern Warfare 2 and consists of three key categories of customisation options, which include building your weapon’s loadout, customising your gun’s look, and its progression. There are even brand new Modern Warfare 2 mastery camos for you to earn.
The receiver is a new attachment introduced specifically for Modern Warfare 2 that can be unlocked as you level up whatever weapon the receiver belongs to. Once you’ve unlocked the receiver in a weapon’s progression path, you’ll be able to use attachments from another weapon in the same family.
That’s everything we know about Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 weapon customisation. For more on the new shooter, read our Gunsmith guide to find out more about all the new features. Or, if you have friends who play on other platforms, you can find out all of the crossplay features.