The Super Smash Bros. Ultimate patch 9.0.1 went live yesterday to fix up the numerous issues that the new character Minecraft Steve was facing during play. Members of the Smash Bros. community weren’t expecting much from the patch as Nintendo had revealed it would not affect any characters outside of Minecraft Steve or Alex.
Little did the fans know, the update included removal of a piece of pixelated meat held in a risque position by Minecraft Steve in his win screen. The meat had become somewhat of a meme in the community, and many fans are mourning its removal on Twitter by sharing their favourite Minecraft meat-based memes. Oddly enough, Nintendo decided not to include the meat removal in its official 9.0.1 patch notes post.
Outside of the meat removal, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate players who main Minecraft Steve or Alex are pleased with the tweaks made to the character, as it was having issues interacting with the map, opposing fighters, and items during battle.
Although Steve’s meat is now gone, our memories will remain in meme-form forever.
Minecraft Steve with his Meat. pic.twitter.com/ekWyohBJjI
— Quazker 👑 (@Quazker) October 22, 2020
Check out the full patch notes from the official Nintendo website below.
- Fixed the issue where sometimes an opposing fighter would go through the landscape when Steve/Alex created a block at a certain location and the opposing fighter destroyed the block.
- Fixed the issue where sometimes an opposing fighter would go through the landscape when Steve/Alex created a block at a certain location and the anvil created with a down air attack struck the opposing fighter.
- Fixed the issue where the opposing fighter would become uncontrollable when Steve/Alex hit them with a minecart in certain situations.
- Fixed the issue where if Steve/Alex’s minecart bounced off the wall, it would not hit the opposing fighter.
- Fixed the issue where opposing fighters carried in Steve/Alex’s minecart would sometimes be warped to the original location where they were picked up.
- Fixed the issue where certain fighters could go through Steve/Alex’s block once KO’d.