Splitgate is beginning to be updated more regularly now that the game has settled after its meteoric rise in 2021. These Splitgate updates include everything from balance tweaks to entirely new features to brand new mechanics that help grow Splitgate beyond its first iteration on PC and console.
So whether you’re a new Splitgate player or a hardcore player who’s logging on every day, we have the latest Splitgate patch notes for your perusal right here. By checking back in on this page periodically, you can keep up to date with what 1047 Games is adding to the game, whether it be in casual play or the popular Splitgate ranks mode.
There isn’t a firm schedule for Splitgate patch notes just yet but updates tend to come in every now and then with significant and meaningful changes. So if you’re looking for news on what’s new in the arcade shooter, you’re in the best place.
Here are the latest Splitgate patch notes for your enjoyment.
Splitgate Splitmas update: December 2021
Splitgate gets festive in its December update. There’s nothing too game-changing in here, just a lot of snow and Christmas cheer! Here are the full Splitmas Splitgate update patch notes:
- Changed Stadium, Pantheon, and Abyss into winter Splitmas maps.
- Added further optimizations to Karman Station – Performance Improvements
- Loading screen and main menu have been given the Splitmas treatment.
- Added a new AR, Bard skin, and spray created by the community for Splitmas.
- Complete the winter challenges to earn the community items, a new portal skin, and drops.
- Added new Splitmas themed weapons and skins.
- Featured Playlist: Let it snow! Play the three winterized maps on community favorite game modes.
- The Season 0 Battle Pass and challenges have been extended until early next year.
- Added the TeamSeas Skin. 100% of the proceeds will be donated to TeamSeas.
Splitgate Update: September 2021
Splitgate’s big September update includes a number of key additions, including the addition of a mantling system, allowing players to climb ledges with more freedom. This update also improves voice chat, ensuring that it will no longer drop out randomly.
This update also adds in Featured Playlists, which will rotate each weekend with different modes. This September Splitgate update also fixes the geometry bug on Karman Station, which caused the game to crash. The final major update is for PC players, who will be able to utilise Nvidia Reflex, a technology for Nvidia CPU’s that will reduce latency and improve reaction times.
The full patch notes can be found below and on Splitgate’s official blog:
– Karman Station Optimizations – Performance Improvements + Crash Fixes
– Karman Station returns to normal map rotation
– Added ability to queue multiple ranked playlists
– Combining rumble modes and casual modes into a “Quick Play” playlist
– Adding limited time featured playlists that are available on the weekends (includes rumble modes + new mode variants)
– Lower chance of running into bots queuing Quick Play
– Contamination Improvements
– Scoring Tweaks – Zombies get 2 points per kill
– Last Man Standing Indicator
– Players can no longer start as zombies in consecutive rounds
– Zombie Indicator Improvements
– New Zombie Notification
– Adding New Announcement Voice Lines
– Mantling – Adding support for mantling (ledge grabbing). Designed as jetpack boost so that there is not first person animation that interferes with aim/gunplay. Option to turn off in Settings > Gameplay
UI / Quality of Life
– Voice Chat Stability Improvements
– Console users can now redeem DLC codes
– KOTH/DOM Hill Visibility improvements
– Adding ability to customize enemy armor color, enemy outline color, friendly outline color and friendly color through walls
– Projectile hit detection improvements through portals
– NVIDIA Reflex
– Various Crash Fixes
– Other minor bug fixes and improvements
Splitgate has been a huge success and the beta end date is nowhere in sight, with 1047 Games extending the beta indefinitely. But with Spligate cross-play being fully implemented into the experience, there is no reason not to check it out right now.