A brand new multi-title Summer event will soon sweep across Runeterra, as the Riot Games Soul Fighter release date is rapidly approaching. For six “adrenaline-pumping” weeks, enjoyers of the studio’s Runeterran games – League of Legends, Legends of Runeterra, Wild Rift, and Teamfight Tactics – will be transported into an alternative universe, where they will fight in the Tournament of Souls.
Hosted by the “mysterious” God’s Eye, the Tournament of Souls is set to have different activities from game to game, though one thing remains consistent: only the strongest survives. Of course, as with any Riot event, there’ll be plenty of new cosmetic goodies to snap up, too, so be sure to read on for all the details surrounding the Riot Games Soul Fighter Summer event.
Soul Fighter release date
The Riot Games Soul Fighter release date is Thursday, July 20, 2023, with the Summer event set to last until Monday, August 28, 2023. Riot has confirmed the start date will be the same across LoL, Wild Rift, Legends of Runeterra, and Teamfight Tactics.
Soul Fighter events
From MOBA games League of Legends and Wild Rift, to auto-battler Teamfight Tactics, to card game Legends of Runeterra, the Soul Fighter events are set to provide unique experiences for players of each game over its six-week duration.
League of Legends
League of Legends is set to receive the long-awaited 2v2v2v2 game mode, Arena, as well as an in-client experience revolving around Samira. There’ll also be a Soul Fighter 2023 event pass. New champion Naafiri will be released during the event.
- Arena: “a new game mode in which four teams of two players each fight one another in rotating combat rounds. After each round of combat, they will power up with unique Augments until only one team is left standing. Combat takes place on four different battlefields which vary in size, terrain density, and theme. Champions from the Soul Fighter universe will make occasional Cameo appearances in matches to either players’ benefit or detriment.”
- LoL In-Client Narrative Experience: “A style-rating focused combo-battler that takes place in the client. Players will take on the role of Samira and gain Reputation by playing games of League, which in turn allows them to face new opponents and unlock new abilities for Samira to progress further in the tournament. The objective of the tournament is to defeat all ten opponent champions and become its new champion. Players can claim rewards after each victory and can unlock the Story and Expert difficulty levels, each with differing levels of challenge for players of all levels of skill and time commitment.”
As with League, TFT is getting a new game mode – Soul Brawl – as well as an in-client experience called The Choncc Dome. There’s also a new event pass to grind.
- Soul Brawl: “Much like Fortune’s Favor during Lunar Gala at the start of this year, Soul Brawl is a temporary game mode coming to Teamfight Tactics as part of the Soul Fighter event. This game mode takes place across two stages; Training phase, where players compete for Soul Power that will strengthen their Soul Crown and provide additional loot options, and Tournament phase, where players will be eliminated in a best-of-three bracket tournament.”
- TFT ln-Client Narrative Experience: “Alongside the game mode is the in-client narrative experience, ‘The Choncc Dome’. Here, Champions and Tacticians team up to prepare for the Tournament of Souls. The Choncc Dome marks the first time a TFT in-client experience has been brought to mobile platforms, and the first time an Event has had an exclusive Pass+!”
League of Legends Wild Rift
The final of the four games to receive both a game mode and a unique in-client experience, Wild Rift’s new mode is called ‘Tag Duel’, while its narrative experience will revolve around Draven and Yasuo. Nilah will be released during the event, as well as as a new event pass.
- Tag Duel: “Tag Duel is a new game mode that pits players against each other in one-on-one combat. Each player will select three champions before entering combat, which can be seamlessly swapped between when off cooldown, leading to all sorts of combos previously only possible with teammates. The first player to reach four kills will emerge victorious.”
- Wild Rift In-Client Narrative Experience: “Players will experience an original story set within the world of Soul Fighter, which is primarily told through the eyes of Draven and Yasuo as they battle in the Tournament of Souls and venture into the Lands Beyond. Players will progress through a visual novel, which also features minigame combat that will test their speed and accuracy, by playing matches of Wild Rift. By progressing through the event, players will be rewarded with tokens, which can be spent on various items in the event shop, and unlock Arcade Mode. In Arcane Mode, players will get to play through a series of minigames as their favorite Soul Fighter champion, earn an exclusive emote, and more.”
Legends of Runeterra
While LoR isn’t quite getting the same amount of love as its Runeterran cousins, there is at the very least a new event pass to grind, as well as new emotes and cardbacks.
Soul Fighter skins
Here are all of the Soul Fighter skins announced for each game:
League of Legends
- Soul Fighter Samira (Ultimate)
- Soul Fighter Viego (Legendary)
- Soul Fighter Naafiri
- Soul Fighter Shaco
- Soul Fighter Pyke
- Soul Fighter Sett
- Soul Fighter Lux
- Soul Fighter Jhin
- Soul Fighter Gwen
- Soul Fighter Evelynn
- Prestige Soul Fighter Shaco
- Prestige Soul Fighter Pyke
- Chibi Gwen
- Chibi Soul Fighter Gwen (Mythic)
- Tournament of Souls Arena
- Soul Fighter Nilah
- Soul Fighter Draven
- Soul Fighter Yasuo
- Soul Fighter Irelia
- Soul Fighter Xin Zhao
- Soul Fighter Draven (Special Edition)
Legends of Runeterra
- Soul Fighter Nidalee (Epic)
- Soul Fighter Viego (Epic)
- Soul Fighter Sett (Epic)
- Soul Fighter Samira (Rare)
- Soul Fighter Jhin (Rare)
- Soul Fighter Gwen (Rare)
- Soul Fighter Pyke (Rare)
- Soul Fighter Evelynn
And that’s all we know about the Riot Games Soul Fighter release date, events, and skins for now. Be sure to check back once more details – particularly those pertaining to rewards – are revealed by the studio.