Pokémon GO’s Halloween event is one of the most anticipated every year, and 2020’s is set to be a belter. New Pokémon, some dressed up old favourites, and candies – So. Many. Candies.
Let’s start with the Pokémon themselves, and as is the norm with the Halloween events, Ghost-type Pokémon will be spawning at increased rates in the wild and appear more often in raids and eggs. This includes two Halloween event regulars who are getting a makeover courtesy of some creepy costumes: Gengar and Sableye. Galarian Yamask will also be appearing in Pokémon GO for the first time, and that means if you get enough candy you will likely be able to evolve it into Runerigus. The spookiest legendary of them all, Darkrai, will be appearing in five-star raids, plus Spiritomb is back in Field and Special Research, but this time with the possibility of a shiny.
On the bonuses front, it’s all about the candy. There will be a 2x multiplier for the entire event for catch candy and transfer candy, so it won’t take you long to have some spooky evolutions ready to go.
There’s also three mini events within the Halloween festivities. Trainers are getting an Alolan Marowak raid day, a Ghost-type Catch Mastery day, and the GO Battle League is also getting a nice little meta shift with the Halloween Cup.
The 2020 Pokémon GO Halloween event will run Friday, October 23 at 18:00 PDT (21:00 EDT, 02:00 GMT on October 24) to Tuesday, November 3 at the same times.
Find a full list of what’s going down for the Halloween event below:
Pokémon GO Halloween event Pokémon
- Ghost-type Pokémon will be appearing more often in the wild, will be featured in raids, and will be hatching more frequently from Eggs.
- This year, Gengar and Sableye will be wearing costumes! Face off with costumed Gengar in raids and keep an eye out for costumed Sableye in the wild—it may even hatch from an Egg!
- Galarian Yamask will appear in Pokémon GO for the first time! Complete the new Halloween 2020 Special Research, A Spooky Message Unmasked, to help Professor Willow uncover the mysteries surrounding this Pokémon.
- Spiritomb can be encountered by completing certain Field Research tasks and by completing the new Halloween 2020 Special Research story, A Spooky Message Unmasked. If you’re lucky, you may encounter a Shiny one!
- Darkrai will be featured in five-star raids!
Pokémon GO Halloween event bonuses
- 2× Transfer Candy
- 2× Catch Candy
Pokémon GO Halloween event features
- Trainers who completed the Mega Buddy Challenge Timed Research will be able to participate in exclusive Timed Research that will reward Gengar Mega Energy.
- Enjoy Halloween-themed Field Research tasks!
- New avatar items will be available in the Style Shop! Get dressed for Halloween with a Pikachu Mask, Gengar Onesie, Sableye Goggles, Sableye Mask, or Banette Mask! You can also try out the new Spooky Pose!
- Keep those eyes peeled for the Creepy Crate, Boo Bundle, and Pumpkin Pack boxes in the shop!
- Take a snapshot for some spooky surprises!