Lifeweaver has already become most people’s favourite hero in Overwatch 2 before he has even arrived. His dreamy design and style has caught everyone’s attention and we are looking forward to seeing just what he has to offer.
Below, you can find a full rundown and overview of what Lifeweaver has to offer in Overwatch 2 when he arrives in Season 4. The hero represents a new style of play for any Support and including him in your team’s lineup will be an important decision to consider as not all of his abilities will be a net benefit for your group.
Overwatch 2 Lifeweaver abilities
- Parting Gift – Lifeweaver will leave a healing item behind when he’s eliminated, which can be used by your team or the enemy team (passive)
- Rejuvenating Dash – Get a small burst of healing upon dashing out of danger
- Petal Platform – Create platforms that will rise when stepped on by heroes on both teams
- Life Grip – Spawn a shield for a targeted enemy, allowing them to be pulled towards you
- Tree Of Life – Healing teammates that are near a tree you can place anywhere on the map. This tree will also block sightlines and points on the map
These were all leaked in a now-deleted PCGamesN article. Lifeweaver is a pretty unique hero in that he has a fair amount of griefing aspects that aren’t seen in any other hero in the game. Being able to either help or harm your team is a unique aspect of the hero that Blizzard has never played around with before. Because of these griefing aspects on offer with Lifeweaver, it makes him quite disruptive to the meta and also a risk to have on your team.
Lifeweaver is the first post-launch support hero for Overwatch 2 and the variety of abilities in his toolset really are set to offer a whole new dynamic and playstyle to matches. You can see exactly how these work in the trailer below ahead of the Overwatch 2 Season 4 release date.
Lifeweaver has already taken the community by spawn due to the fact he is everyone’s ideal man. Once his abilities are shown off and we see him in game we can only expect the community to fall in even more love with him. But, where might he rank on the Overwatch 2 tier list? We’ll just have to wait to find out.