NBA 2K23 has unveiled a wide-sweeping set of gameplay changes that it is planning to implement. But, one of the biggest changes comes in the form of the selection of NBA 2K23 badges.
These badges within MyPlayer are seeing some fairly big changes with a number of alterations to existing badges. And, on top of that, around a dozen badges have actually been removed from NBA 2K23 entirely, as they didn’t fit the new gameplay outline 2K are aiming for with this year’s game.
So, if you want a brief overview of the NBA 2K23 badges before you step onto the court in MyPlayer, this article is where you want to be as we will cover the key changes. Below, you can find those alterations that 2K have made and what badges the studio is completely removing from this year’s game.
NBA 2K23 badges
A number of big badge changes have been made in NBA 2K23 to help players make tough choices when creating badge recipes and loadouts. The changes are as follows:
These finishing badge changes have been made with NBA 2K23, including some removed badges:
- Slithery – Makes it easier to gather through traffic, avoiding collisions and strips
- Masher – Increases ability to finish inside layups over defenders
- Aerial Wizard – Ability to successfully complete alley-oops and putbacks
- Bully – Like Giannis and LeBron, able to finish strong by bulldozing through traffic
- Removed Badges: Hook Specialist
The shooting badges have seen the most significant changes when it comes to how their badges function and which ones are back:
- Agent 3 – Ability to hit difficult 3PT shots off the dribble
- Middy Magician – Improved ability to knock down mid-range jumpers off the bounce or out of the post like MJ
- Amped – Reduces the shooting attribute penalties when fatigued and when moving excessively prior to shooting
- Claymore – Increases a spot-up shooter’s ability to knock down catch and shoot jumpers the longer they remain stationary prior to shooting
- Comeback Kid – Improved ability to shoot perimeter jumpers when trailing in a game
- Hand Down Man Down – Makes an outside shooter even deadlier if the opponent fails to get a hand in the face
- Space Creator – Formerly a Playmaking badge, it now boosts the ability to hit stepback jumpers and hop shots, and also will cause defenders to stumble more often
- Limitless Range – An old favourite returns, making shooters more effective with any shot attempt from a deep 3PT range
- Removed Badges: Chef, Hot Zone Hunter, Lucky #7, Mismatch Expert (moved to playmaking), Set Shooter, Sniper, and Limitless Spot-Up
Playmaking badges have also seen big changes with four removed badges:
- Killer Combos – Improves a dribbler’s effectiveness with size-up dribble moves (basically a combination of last year’s Quick Chain and Tight Handles badges)
- Clamp Breaker – Helps ball handlers win more 1-on-1 body bump confrontations (the counter to Clamps)
- Vice Grip – Improves ball security immediately after securing a rebound, catch, or picking up the ball. A great badge for bigs!
- Mismatch Expert – Formerly a shooting badge, this badge now helps smaller guards break down taller defenders when mismatched 1-on-1
- Removed Badges: Bullet Passer, Downhill, Glue Hands, Stop & Go
The selection of defence and rebounding badges have changed with one being removed and some unique changes to existing ones.
- Anchor – A crucial badge for the last line of defence bigs, improves the ability to block and contest shots in the paint
- Boxout Beast – Helps rebounders win boxout battles on both offensive and defensive rebounding situations
- Work Horse – The Pat Bev badge that boosts your ability to hustle down 50/50 balls and play hard-nosed defence without getting tired
- Glove – Named after legendary defender Gary Payton, helps you strip players as they gather for shots and poke the ball free from ball handlers
- Challenger – Improves the effectiveness of perimeter shot contests
- Removed Badges: Defensive Leader
That covers what we know about the NBA 2K23 badges that will appear in MyPlayer. Stay tuned for more guides as we approach the game’s launch and checkout current predictions for the NBA 2K23 ratings and the NBA 2K23 Jordan Challenges which are back for this year’s games.