Genshin Impact Genius Invokation TCG is a brand new card game mode coming with the release of the Genshin Impact 3.3 update. Genius Invokation marks the first new game mode added to Genshin Impact since release, bringing the action from Teyvat’s many regions to the table in an inventive new trading card game experience. As typical of card games, they’re often confusing and overwhelming to newcomers and Genshin Impact Genius Invokation seems no different. Luckily, here’s everything you need to know about the new Genshin Impact TCG card game Genius Invokation game so you can play your cards right on day one.
Alongside the new Genshin Impact TCG card game, Genius Invokation, the Genshin Impact 3.3 release date will also bring with it a new collection of Genshin Impact 3.3 banners to get your hands on some powerful 5-Star characters.
Genshin Impact TCG card game Genius Invokation explained
The new Genshin Impact Genius Invokation TCG is a turn-based trading card game based on the existing Genshin Impact gameplay mechanics of Elemental Reactions. Players will collect cards, build decks, and battle opponents to emerge victorious and claim a variety of unique prizes. The selection of Genius Invokation cards feature characters from the game, such as Fischl, Ayaka, and Diluc, as well as mobs like Hilichurls.
The goal of Genshin Impact Genius Invokation is to defeat all your opponent’s cards using your own set of cards, with the character’s health displayed in the top left corner of the card. Players will pick three characters to be their active Character Cards on-field to battle the opposing side’s three-card team. The remaining cards in your deck will stay in your hand for you to play later.
There are three types of cards in Genshin Impact Genius Invokation that you’ll need to be aware of to maximise your chances of success:
- Character cards – perform the main actions of attack
- Support cards – provide different effects to support characters
- Equipment cards – provide boosts to cards
- Event cards – grants one-time effects
Each character card has three main actions – Normal Attack, Elemental Skill, and Elemental Burst – much like the traditional gameplay of Genshin Impact. Furthermore, each character will therefore have a unique set of abilities that can be used in combination to make Elemental Reactions.
There are two main phases players will encounter during a match of Genshin Impact Genius Invokation:
- Dice Rolling – During this phase, players will take turns rolling eight Elemental Dice. These dice use the existing seven Genshin Impact elements, plus an additional new Omni element. Dice are used to perform actions during the next phase. Additionally, players have the opportunity to reroll a selection of dice once per round.
- Action Phase – During this phase, players will use the Elemental Dice to perform actions to defeat your opponent. Characters require matching Elemental Dice to perform actions. For instance, Electro Dice rolls will be used to perform Electro abilities. Omni is unique in that it can be used to perform any Elemental action. Performing actions to attack your opponent during this phase is how players win. Elemental Dice can also be spent to use other types of cards or switch characters.
As with the normal Genshin Impact combat system, the Genius Invokation TCG uses the Elemental status model. Attacking an enemy with an Element will apply that status effect, allowing you to follow up with an attack of a different Element for a devastating Elemental Reaction.
Since Genshin Impact Genius Invokation is a turn-based TCG, turns switch after each action, alternating between the dice rolling phase and the actions phase to ultimately decide a victor.
Genshin Impact Genius Invokation offers various rewards for players looking to get stuck in. Completing a match of the Genius Invokation TCG will reward players with Lucky Coins that can be spent to purchase cards and Dynamic Skins for your existing cards. Genius Invokation Dynamic Skins provide unique animations and visual flare for your cards when they perform actions.
As players complete matches of Genshin Impact Genius Invokation, they will also level up and unlock new gameplay features, such as the ability to compete with friends and then partake in online matchmaking at higher levels. It’s important to note, however, that duelling other players (whether a friend or random player) will not offer any rewards. Genshin Impact Genius Invokation multiplayer matches are purely entertainment tests of deck-building strength.
Now that you know the basics of the new Genshin Impact Genius Invokation TCG card game, it’s time to dig into the best strategies for Genshin Impact Genius Invokation or get caught up on all the Genshin Impact characters available in-game.