Watch out, people of Inazuma, because the Genshin Impact Kuki Shinobu release date is fast approaching. Introduced as a “talented person” by Kujou Sara, Shinobu may have a legal background, but she has somehow found herself second-in-command to none other than Arataki Itto in his band of delinquents, the Arataki Gang.
Touted to be an Electro sword user, Kuki Shinobu is expected to be Genshin Impact’s first Electro support, positioning her in a very unique spot within the existing roster of Genshin Impact characters. Having studied law abroad in Liyue before returning to Inazuma, Shinobu is also one of the few characters who have managed to get in and out of the region prior to the abolition of the Vision Hunt Decree.
Here you’ll find everything you need to know about the upcoming four-star, including the rumoured Kuki Shinobu release date, her abilities, talents, and the sorts of materials you’ll want to pre-farm to ensure she’s ready to max out when she eventually comes home. As always, we’ll keep this guide updated with all the latest beta changes up until release.
Genshin Impact Kuki Shinobu release date
Kuki Shinobu will release with phase two of Genshin Impact 2.7. HoYoverse confirmed during the Version 2.7 livestream that she will arrive on the Oni’s Royale Genshin Impact banner alongside Arataki Itto.
Genshin Impact Kuki Shinobu abilities
Below you’ll find Kuki Shinobu’s abilities, at least ones reported by reputable leaker ‘Dim’ to be hers. As these are subject to change throughout beta testing, her final kit could look very different to Dim’s initial list. As always, we’ll be keeping her flavour texts and values updated as development progresses.
Elemental Skill – Sanctifying Ring
- Create a Grass Ring of Sanctification at the cost of part of her HP, dealing Electro DMG to nearby opponents
- Grass Ring of Sanctification: Follows your current active character around. Deals Electro DMG to nearby opponents every 1.5s and restores HP for active character(s) within the ring’s AoE based on Kuki Shinobu’s Max HP
- The HP consumption from using this skill can only bring her to 20% HP
Elemental Burst – Gyoei Narukami Kariyama Rite
- Stabs an evil-excoriating blade into the ground, creating a field that cleanses the area of all that is foul, dealing continuous Electro DMG to opponents within its AoE based on Shinobu’s Max HP
- If Shinobu’s HP is less than or equal to 50% when this skill is used, the field will last longer
Genshin Impact Kuki Shinobu gameplay
Having spent some time in Genshin’s beta realm, snippets of Kuki Shinobu gameplay have already made their way onto the internet. Here you’ll find some of the clips circulating which showcase the upcoming one of the coolest Genshin Impact characters we’ve seen in all her unfinalised glory.
Genhin Impact Kuki Shinobu passive talents
- Breaking Free – When Shinobu’s HP is not higher than 50%, her Healing Bonus is increased by 15%
- Heart’s Repose – Sanctifying Ring’s abilities will be boosted based on Shinobu’s Elemental Mastery:
- Healing amount will be increased by 75% of Elemental Mastery
- DMG dealt is increased by 25% of Elemental Mastery
- Protracted Prayers – Gains 25% more rewards when dispatched on an Inazuma Expedition for 20 hours
Genshin Impact Kuki Shinobu Constellations
- (C1) To Cloister Compassion: Gyoei Narukami Kariyama Rite’s AoE is increased by 50%.
- (C2) To Forsake Fortune: Grass Ring of Sanctification’s duration is increased by three seconds.
- (C3) To Sequester Sorrow: Increases the Level of Sanctifying Ring by three. Maximum upgrade is 15.
- (C4) To Sever Sealing: When the Normal, Charged, or Plunging Attacks of characters affected by Shinobu’s Grass Ring of Sanctification hit opponents, a Thundergrass Mark will land on the opponent’s position and deal AoE Electro damage based on 9.7% of her Max HP. This effect can occur once every five seconds
- (C5) To Cease Courtesies: Increases the level of Gyoei Narukami Kariyama Rite by three. The maximum upgrade is 15.
- (C6) To Ward Weakness: When Kuki Shinobu takes lethal DMG, this instance of DMG will not take her down. This effect will automatically trigger when her HP reaches 1 and will trigger once every 60s. When Shinobu’s HP drops below 25%, she will gain 150 Elemental Mastery for 15s. This effect will trigger once every 60s.
Genshin Impact Kuki Shinobu Ascension materials
To fully ascend Kuki Shinobu, you’ll need to farm up plenty of Vajrada Amethyst from either Electro Hypostases or Thunder Manifestations, Spectral materials from Specters, Runic Fangs from The Chasm’s Ruin Serpent, and collect Naku Weed throughout Inazuma.
|Ascension Stage||Material #1||Material #2
|1||Vajrada Amethyst Silver x1||Naku Weed x3||Spectral Husk x3||–||20,000|
|2||Vajrada Amethyst Fragment x3||Naku Weed x10
||Spectral Husk x15||Runic Fang x2||40,000|
|3||Vajrada Amethyst Fragment x6||Naku Weed x20||Spectral Heart x12||Runic Fang x4||60,000|
|4||Vajrada Amethyst Chunk x3||Naku Weed x30||Spectral Heart x18||Runic Fang x8||80,000|
|5||Vajrada Amethyst Chunk x6||Naku Weed x45||Spectral Nucleus x12||Runic Fang x12||100,000|
|6||Vajrada Amethyst Gemstone x6||Naku Weed x60||Spectral Nucleus x24||Runic Fang x20||120,000|
In order to get Shinobu to level 90, you’re going to need the following:
- 1x Vajrada Amethyst Silver
- 9x Vajrada Amethyst Fragment
- 9x Vajrada Amethyst Chunk
- 6x Vajrada Amethyst Gemstone
- 168x Naku Weed
- 18x Spectral Husk
- 30x Spectral Heart
- 36x Spectral Nucleus
- 46x Runic Fang
- 420,000 Mora
Genshin Impact Kuki Shinobu talent materials
As with her Ascension materials, Shinobu is going to need a load of Spectral materials from Specters to max out her talents. Elegance books are what you’ll want to farm, which you can get from the Violet Court Domain on Tuesdays, Fridays, and Sundays. Finally, you’re going to need Tears of the Calamitous God from the End of the Oneiric Euthymia Trounce Domain.
|Talent Level||Material #1||Material #2||Material #3||Material #4||Mora|
|2||Teachings of Elegance x3||Spectral Husk x6||–||–||12,500|
|3||Guide to Elegance x2||Spectral Heart x3||–||–||17,500|
|4||Guide to Elegance x4||Spectral Heart x4||–||–||25,000|
|5||Guide to Elegance x6||Spectral Heart x6||–||–||30,000|
|6||Guide to Elegance x8||Spectral Heart x9||–||–||37,500|
|7||Philosophies of Elegance x4||Spectral Nucleus x1||Tears of the Calamitous God x1||–||120,000|
|8||Philosophies of Elegance x6||Spectral Nucleus x1||Tears of the Calamitous God x1||–||250,000|
|9||Philosophies of Elegance x9||Spectral Nucleus x2||Tears of the Calamitous God x2||–||450,000|
|10||Philosophies of Elegance x12||Spectral Nucleus x2||Tears of the Calamitous God x2||Crown of Insight x1||700,000|
In total, to max out one of Shinobu’s talents players will need to use up:
- 3x Teachings of Elegance
- 21x Guide to Elegance
- 38x Philosophies of Elegance
- 6x Spectral Husk
- 22x Spectral Heart
- 31x Spectral Nucleus
- 6x Tears of the Calamitous God
- 1x Crown of Insight
- 1,652,500 Mora
Here's the updated version! good luck to all the future eggplant salad havers 💕 pic.twitter.com/bCbjJD9G7S
— nora.mp3 (@nora_mp3) March 30, 2022
And that’s everything we have right now on the Genshin Impact Kuki Shinobu release date. We’ll be sure to keep this guide updated with the latest rumours, leaks, and updates in the lead-up to her eventual release.