Genshin Impact’s 3.3 banners may not be over yet, but players are already looking ahead to future characters. Thanks to news from HoYoverse during the Special Program Genshin Impact 3.4 livestream, the 3.4 update banners will bring with them a new five-star unit, Alhaitham. With that, you may be wondering about the Genshin Impact Alhaitham banner release date, abilities, and more for this upcoming release.
If you’re looking to get any of the Genshin Impact banner characters, especially ones high up in our Genshin Impact tier list of best characters, then be sure to check out the latest Genshin Impact codes. What’s more, it also includes codes from the Special Program Genshin Impact livestream which grant lots of valuable Primogems.
In this guide, we’ll be giving the full rundown of when Alhaitham will come to the Genshin Impact 3.4 banners, as well as his abilities, Talents, and Constellations. If you want to get the best out of him, then be sure to consult our Alhaitham build guide.
Genshin Impact Alhaitham banner release date
HoYoverse has revealed that the Genshin Impact 3.4 banners for phase one will include Alhaitham, releasing January 18, 2023.
Genshin Impact Alhaitham abilities
From the official post, we can see that Alhaitham is a Dendro character, which is a significant boost to the currently slim roster of Dendro characters, comprising only the Traveller, Collei, Tighnari, and Nahida. Alhaitham will be a powerful on-field Dendro DPS wielding a sword, similar in playstyle to Keqing.
Here is everything we currently have about Alhaitham’s abilities in Genshin Impact.
Normal Attack – Abductive Reasoning
- Normal Attack: Performs up to five rapid strikes.
- Charged Attack: Consumes a certain amount of Stamina to unleash two rapid sword strikes.
- Plunging Attack: Plunges from mid-air to strike the ground below, damaging opponents along the path and dealing AoE DMG upon impact.
Elemental Skill – Universality: An Elaboration on Form
Alhaitham rushes forward, dealing Dendro DMG to nearby opponents when the rush ends, causing a Chisel-Light Mirror to form. Holding this skill will cause it to enter Aiming Mode to adjust the direction of Alhaitham’s attack.
When Alhaitham’s Elemental Skill is unleashed, he will generate one Chisel-Light Mirror. If there are no Mirrors at the time of activation, an additional Mirror will be generated for a total of two. Chisel-Light Mirrors have the following effects:
- When Alhaitham possesses Chisel-Light Mirrors, his Normal, Charged, and Plunging Attacks will be converted to Dendro DMG. Note that this cannot be overridden by other effects.
- When these Dendro infused Normal, Charged, and Plunging Attacks hit opponents, the Chisel-Light Mirrors will unleash a Projection Attack that deals additional AoE Dendro DMG based on the number of Chisel-Light Mirrors acquired.
- A total of three Chisel-Light Mirrors can be active at once.
- The Chisel-Light Mirrors will disappear over time, and all will disappear when Alhaitham leaves the field.
Elemental Burst – Particular Field: Fetters of Phenomena
Alhaitham creates a Particular Binding Field and deals several instances of AoE Dendro DMG. If Chisel-Light Mirrors are active when this ability is used, all Mirrors will be consumed to increase the number of Dendro DMG instances:
- There will be four instances at Basic Attack rate
- There will be six instances with One Chisel-Light Mirror active
- There will be eight instances with Two Chisel-Light Mirrors active
- There will be ten instances with Three Chisel-Light Mirrors active
Additionally, after this ability is unleashed, Alhaitham will generate new Chisel-Light Mirrors depending on how many were consumed during activation.
Genshin Impact Alhaitham passive talents
When Alhaitham’s hit opponents with Charged or Plunging Attacks, they will generate one Chisel-Light Mirror. This effect can only be triggered once every 12 seconds.
Mysteries Laid Bare
Each point of Alhaitham’s Elemental Mastery will increase the damage dealt by Projection Attacks (caused by Chisel-Light Mirrors) and Particular Field: Fetters of Phenomena (Elemental Burst) by 0.12%. The maximum damage increase for both of these abilities is 100%.
Law of Reductive Overdetermination
When Alhaitham crafts Weapon Ascension Materials, he has a 10% chance to receive double the product.
Genshin Impact Alhaitham Constellations
When a Projection Attack hits an opponent, Universality: An Elaboration on Form (Elemental Skill) will have its cooldown decreased by one second. This effect can be triggered once every second.
When Alhaitham generates a Chisel-Light Mirror, his Elemental Mastery will be increased by 40 for eight seconds, with a maximum of four stacks. The duration of each stack is counted independently. This effect can be triggered even when the maximum number of Chisel-Light Mirrors has been achieved.
Increases the level of Universality: An Elaboration of Form (Elemental Skill) by three. Maximum upgrade level is 15.
When Particular Field: Fetters of Phenomena (Elemental Burst) is unleashed, the following effects will activate based on the number of Chisel-Light Mirrors consumed to use and created afterwards:
- Each Chisel-Light Mirror consumed will increase the Elemental Mastery of all other party members by 30 for 15 seconds.
- Each Mirror generated will grant Alhaitham a 10% Dendro DMG Bonus for 15 seconds.
Increases the level of Particular Field: Fetters of Phenomena (Elemental Burst) by three. Maximum upgrade level is 15.
If Alhaitham creates another Chisel-Light Mirror when the maximum number has already been achieved, his Crit Rate will increase by 10% and Crit DMG will increase by 70%, each for six seconds. If this effect is triggered again during its initial duration, the duration of the buff will increase by a further six seconds.
That’s everything you need to know about the Genshin Impact Yaoyao banner, the four-star Dendro healer arriving in the Genshin Impact 3.4 update. Don’t forget to keep up with the Genshin Impact next banner so you always know how to effectively plan ahead.