Can you smell that? That’s the smell of the start of the FIFA 23 season and to kick us off, EA Sports has just revealed the line-up of FIFA 23 TOTW 1.
FIFA’s coveted Team of the Week celebrates the stellar performances of players from fixtures in the week just past, giving the players a special card that boosts their overall rating and in-game stats.
And for the game’s first ever TOTW line-up, Tottenham Hotspurs super sub Heung-Min Son helps leads the charge as a 90-rated winger, thanks to his 13-minute hattrick against Leicester City. He’s only bettered by his Premier League counterpart Kevin De Bruyne who’s pulled in a mammoth 92 rating, thanks to his efforts for Manchester City recently.
The full FIFA 23 TOTW 1 XI line-up is as follows:
- GK: Jeremias Ledesma (Cadiz, LaLiga) – 83
- RB: Hamari Traoré (Rennes, Ligue 1) – 85
- CB: William Saliba (Arsenal, Premier League) – 83
- RWB: Pablo Maffeo (Mallorca) – 82
- CDM: João Palhinha (Fulham, Premier League) – 84
- CM: Kevin De Bruyne (Manchester City, Premier League) – 92
- CM: Téji Savanier (Montpellier, Ligue 1) – 84-rated
- RM: Jonas Hofmann (Borussia Mönchengladbach, Bundesliga) – 84
- LW – Hueng-Min Son (Tottenham Hotspur, Premier League) – 90
- RW – Federico Valverde (Real Madrid, LaLiga) – 86
- ST – Immobile (Lazio, Serie A) – 87
As you can see the TOTW selections have got off to a good start. Here’s hoping we can pack a card or two now that the FIFA 23 web app is open for business.