Far Cry 6 brings back the fan favourite companions, which this time are all pets and animals called Amigos. These Amigos help you out in combat when you are fighting against Antón Castillo’s forces. There are seven companions and Amigos in the game that all feature a wide variety of abilities and perks for different situations.
Previous Far Cry games have also included humans that you can fight alongside, but in Far Cry 6 you can only get animal companions. This is due to the game’s main story focusing on recruiting people to fight in your guerrilla army against the ruler of Yara, so people play a much more pivotal role this time around.
But, enough chatting about the history of companions in Far Cry, let’s get into Far Cry 6’s Amigos companions, as well as their abilities, and the traits that come with each one.
Far Cry 6 Amigos Companions
Here are the Far Cry 6 Amigos companions we currently know about:
Guapo is the name of the bloodthirsty Far Cry 6 crocodile and one of the first Amigos you can get your hands on. Guapo comes with the trait Ancient Survivor, which allows him to passively regenerate health when out of combat and even self-revive after being downed while he is chomping on somebody’s body parts.
Guapo’s unlockable additional abilities are:
- Body Regulation – Guapo will automatically regenerate health during combat. (Unlocked once Guapo has revived himself 5 times)
- Cornered Beast – Guapo becomes more resistant to damage when his health is below 50%. (Unlocked once Guapo has regenerated 3,000 health in combat)
- Reptile Metabolism – Guapo’s auto-revive now restores 90% of his health. (Unlocked once Guapo eliminated 50 targets)
Chorizo is the pet Amigo companion in Far Cry 6 that everyone has already fallen in love with. This adorable little sausage dog utilises his greatest asset – his cuteness – to aid you in battle against Castillo’s forces. The Attention-Seeker ability will cause Chorizo to distract enemies, allowing you to sneak by them or creep up on them for a stealth attack. Chorizo comes with the Attention-Seeker ability.
Chorizo’s unlockable additional abilities are:
- Bloodhound – Chorizo will tag nearby resources with his sense of smell. (Unlocked once Chorizo has distracted 10 enemies)
- Yes, You Can – Petting Chorizo will cause him to regenerate some health. (Unlocked once Chorizo has tagged 36 loot containers)
- Keen Senses – Chorizo will occasionally find resources by digging in the ground. (Unlocked once you have petted Chorizo and healed him 50 times)
Chicharrón is Far Cry 6’s rooster companion. With an insistent sense for pecking and attacking foes, this combative cockerel is sure to be a formidable foe for any soldiers in its path. Chicharron’s main ability ‘Angry Bird’ allows him to slingshot himself at enemies from a distance.
Chicharron’s unlockable additional abilities are:
- Roid Rage: Chicharron attacks faster and deals double damage when his health is below 70%. (Unlocked once he has killed 12 enemies)
- Angrier Bird: Chicharron’s Angry Bird attack can knock enemies to the floor. (Unlocked once he has killed 24 enemies while in Roid Rage)
- Chicken Feet: During Roid Rage Chicharron is more likely to dodge enemy attacks. (Unlocked once 50 enemies have been knocked down by the Angrier Bird attack)
Boom Boom is another companion in Far Cry 6. He is actually Boomer from Far Cry 5, who has seemingly been shipped over to Yara. Boom Boom’s main ability ‘Fetch, Boy’ allows him to retrieve resources from the bodies of enemies.
Boom Boom’s unlockable additional abilities are:
- Pointer: Boom Boom will mark enemy troops and animals. (Unlocked once Boom Boom has collected resources from 10 bodies).
- Expert Tracker: Boom Boom is able to tag targets from further away. (Unlocked once Boom Boom has tagged 24 animals).
- Thick Coat: Boom Boom can withstand more damage from enemies. (Unlocked once Boom Boom has tagged 50 enemies).
This Far Cry 6 companion is even more mysterious. As revealed by ‘RaptorRoll Gameplay’ on Youtube, Oluso is a panther and comes with the ability ‘Shadow Striker’ which allows him to slay enemies quickly and silently.
Oluso’s unlockable additional abilities are:
- Mimo Abosi’s Luck: Oluso will takedown enemies more successfully. (Unlocked once Oluso has killed 12 enemies in a restricted area).
- Rage of Ida: Oluso’s successful takedowns will strike fear into nearby enemies causing them to flee. (Unlocked once Oluso has killed 24 enemies with a takedown).
- Mist of Oku: Oluso is surrounded by smoke when beneath 50% health making him immune to damage, difficult to spot, and able to regenerate health. (Unlocked when Oluso has inflicted fear on 50 enemies).
As revealed by ‘RaptorRoll Gameplay’ on Youtube, K-9000 is unlocked if you have the Blood Dragon Pack with the Season Pass for Far Cry 6. His base ability is ‘Iron Skin’ which allows him to receive less bullet damage and gain immunity to poison and fire.
K-9000’s unlockable abilities are as follows:
- Enhance: K-9000 can now tag turrets, security cameras, alarms, and tripwires. (Unlocked once K-9000 has taken 100 damage from enemies)
- Enhance!!!: K-9000 deals more damage to tagged enemies. (Unlocked once he has tagged 24 security systems)
- Termination Protocol: K-9000 is equipped with a self-destruct that will go off when he takes fatal damage. (Unlocked once K-9000 has destroyed 50 tagged enemies)
Champagne is a panther available with the VICE Pack DLC for Far Cry 6. You will have to purchase the Far Cry 6 Ultimate Edition to obtain the VICE Pack. As revealed by ‘RaptorRoll Gameplay’ on Youtube, Champagne’s main ability ‘Status Symbol’ allows her to collect more money from dead enemies.
Champagne’s unlockable additional abilities are:
- Greed Is Good: Champagne’s takedowns will succeed more often when you are carrying more money. (Unlocked once Champagne has killed 12 enemies).
- Predatory Instinct: Champagne will loot enemies after killing them with a silent takedown. (Unlocked once Champagne has killed 24 enemies with a takedown).
- Sonic Snarl: Champagne can unleash a roar knocking enemies down when she takes damage. (Unlocked once Champagne has looted 1,000 Yaran Pesos from dead enemies)
So, there you have it, that covers all of the Far Cry 6 companions and pets, and their abilities and perks. Be sure to stay tuned for more Far Cry 6 guides.