A new season of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Warzone is finally here. Season 6 is out now, and with it comes new underground operators, map changes, and weapon tweaks – basically all the things you need to thrust the game in a new competitive direction.
It’s clear that all the stops have been pulled out for this chapter – a new subway system has been added to Warzone’s Verdansk, two new operators have been added, as have two new weapons. Over in the multiplayer Modern Warfare world, four new maps (Mialstor Tank Factory, Broadcast, Station, and Verdansk Riverside) have been added for all to enjoy.
However, that’s not all. Warzone is getting a new mode called Armoured Royale, which gives every squad an armoured cargo truck. Multiplayer is getting Killstreak Confirmed, Gun Game Team Deathmatch, Headquarters Firefight, Hardpoint: Hills and Kills as new playlist modes.
Although the battle pass returns for Season 6, the two new free weapons – the SP-R208 marksman rifle and the AS-VAL assault rifle can be unlocked through for free at tiers 15 and 31. As always, we’re sure they’ll find a place in NICKMERCS’ Warzone loadouts after the pro has had a little play around with them.
Here are the full patch notes, courtesy of Infinity Ward:
- C4: Slight delay when performing a quick detonation. A beep will now play when quick detonation is triggered. Also reduced throw initial velocity by 30%
- Fix for a bug where, after reviving a teammate in Survival, there will be a 5 second delay before the user is able to use their weapon again
- Fix for an issue where players could obtain unlimited Stopping Power rounds
- Fix for an issue where the defending player had a long respawn timer after the HQ was taken back and all players were dead while in a Headquarters match
- Fix for an issue where it was possible to put a molotov or grenade into a planted bomb causing it to kill the defusing player
- Fix for two issues where the player’s watch and/or Heartbeat Sensor would not be entirely visible when using the XRK Chainsaw attachment on the Finn LMG
- Fix for a bug where explosive and thermite rounds do not function as intended on the Chronic variant from the Blunt Force II bundle
- Fixed an issue where the muzzle selection screen for the Finn LMG was hard to view in the Gunsmith menu
- Fixed an issue where the player’s left hand will not properly grip the weapon when the 23.0” Romanian barrel is equipped on the AK
- Fixed a few bugs where the prone hipfire viewmodel positioning was not appearing as intended and could disappear in certain circumstances
- Origin 12: Reduced very close damage in Warzone
- Shotguns: Increased damage of slugs in Warzone
- XRK ChainSAW – FiNN LMG:
- Adding a description in Gunsmith nothing the attachment does not allow for weapon mounting
- Increased brightness on the Tac Laser attachment
- Fixed a collision issue in the south corner of the Stadium
- Fix for an issue where a fence with a white tarp over it near the Hospital was allowing players to see through it on one side
- Fix for an issue where, on occasion, the train would appear as a white placeholder icon on the map
- Implemented fixes to help properly track Warzone wins
- Fixed a bug where players were unable to damage enemies with gunfire while on an ascender
- If a player has their minimap set to not rotate, they will see inaccurate pings on the heartbeat sensor. This has been fixed
- Fix for a rare issue where the Train’s supply boxes could vanish during longer rounds
- NVIDIA Reflex is now available in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, including Warzone, and will deliver latency improvements in GPU-intensive gaming scenarios on GeForce GTX 900 and higher NVIDIA graphics cards
- Improved stability and performance