Apex Legends is a live service game, which naturally means it’s always getting updated. Whether it’s a new season, a new character, a new map, or just some subtle changes to weapon damage and fixing bugs, the developers at Respawn usually keep us in the loop with what’s changed.
If you’re new to the battle royale game – or just want to check what’s changed after an update – then you’re in the right place. We’ve rounded up all the latest Apex Legends patch notes so you can check out what’s changed and what’s new in the competitive FPS game.
Apex Legends usually pushes out a big update at the start of a new season – that’s when they’ll reveal all the abilities of a new character or add an entirely new map – but each season is punctuated by more, smaller updates that we’ll also keep you up to speed with. Changes big or small will keep things feeling fresh, and future patch notes might give us a glimpse into the future of Apex Legends.
Here are the latest Apex Legends patch notes for Season 10.
Apex Legends Tap-strafing patch delay (September 13)
Not an actual patch here, but just a note to say that the tap-strafing removal mentioned in the September 9 patch notes has been pushed back due to “unexpected side effects” on other movement mechanics.
Movement is sacred in Apex. We weigh every change to these systems carefully and value feedback.
After further testing, we’ve concluded we need to take more time to get this right to make sure related movement mechanics aren’t caught in the cross-fire.
— Respawn (@Respawn) September 13, 2021
Apex Legends evolution collection event patch notes (September 9)
The Evolution Collection Event makes Rampart the star of the show. There are plenty of new cosmetics, Rampart’s parked up in her giant tank/ workshop Big Maude, and she’s taking over Arenas. You read about all of the content stuff here, but the full patch notes for balance changes and bug fixes can be found below. Rampart changes, Octane nerfs, and much more awaits you.
- Sheila has gone mobile! Rampart will now be able to run around with Sheila out, and shoot while walking. The spin up is longer, and she only gets 1 magazine in this mode.
- Once Sheila is out, you can put it away and pull it back out until you run out of ammo (or hit the cooldown time).
- At any point, you can still place Sheila down for your teammates to use. Once placed, it has infinite reloads and acts just like the previous version. You cannot pick it back up.
- Dev Note: A legend based solely on a defensive position is hard to get right in Apex Legends. We think Rampart has a place as the ultimate defensive Legend, but we wanted to give her a little more ability to be reactive and push with her team. As usual, we’ll be watching to see how this plays out and will adjust accordingly!
- VFX (similar to the pulse on Loba ult placement) added to increase visibility for when a totem is placed nearby.
- Reduced jump pad horizontal distance by 10% – 15%.
- Reduced the rate of Octane’s Stim regen from 1.5 to 1.0 hp/sec.
- When Bloodhound pings a clue from their passive, it will now show their teammates in quickchat how long ago the event took place
Bocek Compound Bow
- Draw speed slightly reduced from 0.56 to 0.54
- Arrows per brick increased from 14 to 16
- Arrows per inventory stack increased from 28 to 32
- Reduced hipfire spread
- Hipfire resets slightly faster
- Dev Notes: The Hemlok’s hipfire effectiveness was reduced a few seasons ago and since then the weapon has seen a steady decline in use. Bringing back some of that hipfire strength (but not all) should help the weapon feel more consistent in close quarters without being dominant or affecting its medium-range excellence.
Shatter Caps – Bocek Compound Bow
- Damage per pellet increased across all draw strengths
- Short draw damage: 4 to 6
- Medium draw: 7 to 9
- Full draw: 11 to 12
- Shatter Caps – 30-30 Repeater
- ADS Strafe speed increased to shotgun strafe speed while Shatter Caps are enabled
- Charged pellet damage multiplier increased from 35% to 50%
- Dev Notes: When Shatter Caps work they feel amazing, but currently it can still feel a little punishing to swap into the mode. Increasing the damage potential and improving the CQC flow of the 30-30 should help Shatters feel a little more accessible and rewarding.
- Cool-off time slightly increased
- Overheat lens replacement time slightly increased
- Rounds before overheat reduced at base and all Energy Magazine tiers:
Base: 22 to 20
White: 24 to 22
Blue: 26 to 24
Purple/Gold: 28 to 26
- Arenas price adjustments:
Base: 500 to 600
Blue: 300 to 250
Purple: 400 to 350
- Dev Notes: We’re nudging down the L-STAR’s core stats a bit to smooth out the power progression in what we think is a slightly more healthy top-end. We’ll keep a close eye on the L-STAR and it’s recoil as we enter the second half of Emergence. In Arenas, we’re well aware of it’s prevalence in high-level lobbies and are pricing it out of the first round. These changes essentially increase the blue cost by 50 and keep the purple price the same. If its pick rate remains unchanged, we will hotfix further adjustments.
- EVA-8 and Mozambique headshot damage multiplier reduced from 1.5 to 1.25 bringing it in line with the Peacekeeper and Mastiff.
- Dev Notes: The EVA-8 holds a lot of power in its speed and leniency compared to its counterparts, the PK and Mastiff. It’s got the edge with fire rate and consistency so we’re shaving off some of its spike damage to even the playing field. We’re normalizing the Mozambique as well for consistency within the shotgun class and to give the P2020 some space as the more precise early game weapon.
- ADS charge time decreased from 1.0 to 0.8
QUALITY OF LIFE UPDATES
- Shortened the out-of-bounds timer from 30 seconds to 15.
Your timer should be reset after being respawned.
- Swapping from Red to a Gold Shield with more health no longer requires a long press.
- Evo Shields in deathboxes now show their health.
- Early Leaver Warning has been improved to help people from accidentally leaving before their party is dead.
- You now need to hold the confirm button down for a small amount of time
- The highlighting is different colored than other prompts to catch your attention
- Red text warning showing your leaving penalty added
- Added character portraits to “detected” widget for recon characters.
- Fixed a bug where Streamer mode wouldn’t anonymize the names on the scoreboard in Arenas mode
- Fixed issue for when players would randomly get un-readied while matchmaking in Ranked.
- Fix for Ranked Arenas: longest win streak number was incorrect for some players when viewed in the Stats screen.
- Fixed cases where players would still see Ranked icons when switching over to Arenas while inspecting personal stats.
- Fix for cases where the player would still see the Abandon Penalty countdown when getting other messages like RECEIVED PREMIUM CURRENCY.
- Removed the red speaker icon that would show up on the upper right corner of the screen that served no purpose.
- Fix for when the Playlist Selector would sometimes flicker.
- Players should no longer encounter a string issue in the Timeline when they have a “;” in their username.
- Fixed cases where the name of killed players was not always showing up when a player died.
- Fixed a rare bug that can cause the Observer to get stuck on the Intro Screen at the start of a match.
- Motherload ultimate will no longer highlight enemies far below the ring.
- Increased the hitbox for Exhibit Ultimate to better match the model.
- Loba can no longer glitch into Skyhook when using her tactical.
- Fix cases for when Loba’s ultimate visualfx do not appear while aiming down sites.
- Fixed bug that could get players stuck under the map after dismounting from Rampart’s Turret on a Trident.
- Fix for the times when pinging a Prowler would trigger a voice line that mentions a removed hop-up.
- Switch Only – Fix for cases where players couldn’t complete training due to her Ultimate malfunctioning
- Fix for cases where it appeared that Gibraltar’s Ultimate caused dropped audio.
- Fixed a bug where Wattson would start matches with 30 fences.
- Fixed an exploit where players could get continuous missiles after exploiting Valkyrie’s passive/tactical as well as use the Vtol jets infinitely.
- Fix for when players would still see “Amped” or “Revved up” from Sentinel or Rampage after swapping weapons.
- Fix for reactive skins, “Precision Calibur” and “Attention to Detail” where part of the skins appeared stuck in place when shooting.
- Various fixes on World’s Edge cleaning up some bad collisions, exploitable hiding spots, and areas where players could get stuck.
Fix for the mysterious fire show that could appear in Firing Range and cause a crash.
- Fix for cases where players were able to reach farther than intended when punching an enemy player.
- Private Match Fix – Observers should no longer get stuck on the intro screen for the duration of the match.
- Fix for Audio fluttering that could happen when killing someone during self-revive.
- Various fixes to improve overall game stability.
- (PC only) You’ll no longer be able to bind forward movement to the Mouse wheel on PC. This previously enabled an exaggerated movement tech known as “Tap Strafing. The full dev explanation for this change can be found at the bottom of this page.
Apex Legends update August 30
A small Apex Legends update dropped on August 30, addressing a couple of troublesome bugs.
- Fixed an issue where knocked players were sometimes able to jump
- Fixed the ‘No price found’ issue with the Bangalore Edition on Steam
- Miscellaneous stability fixes
Apex Legends Update August 23 – Seer Nerf
Seer was so OP, he got his own update. Plenty of nerfs have been dished out to the newest champion. There are a handful of bug fixes thrown in for good measure too.
- Increased wait time between sensor spikes for full HP targets (1.25 seconds to 1.75 seconds)
- Removed centre circle ellipses
- Reduced range beyond 75m (blue spikes)
- Reduced field of view
- Increased detonation delay from 1.4 seconds to 1.6
- Players hit are no longer damaged or flashed. Screen shake from being hit is also reduced
- Move slow added while holding tactical
- Lowered volume on audio
- Fixed tactical FX being visible in firing range when it’s not supposed to be
- Increase cooldown from 90 seconds to 120 seconds
- Lowered volume on audio
- Fixed several errors related with Seer
- Adjusted volume of voice lines that play when Seer is chosen
- Fixed a problem caused by Climatizer FX (“No existing effect for handle” error)
- Fixed an issue with challenges (“Array index -1 is out of range”)
- Fixed most instances of Legends holding a grenade when they have none in their inventory (Wattson still suffers from this in rare cases)
- Fixed an error with using multiple grenades on explosive holds (a following update later on August 23 will cause explosive holds to spawn closed again)
- Fixed Holospray display on Nintendo Switch
Apex Legends update – August 10
Respawn has released a small number of changes to Apex Legends following the Season 10 update. A small number of bugs relating to Seer’s abilities have been fixed, as has a script error, which was triggered by an interaction between Fuse’s and Wattson’s ultimate abilities.
A map hole near Climatizer has now been patched out and the L-Star’s ADS speed has been reduced. The Prowler’s damage has also been reduced from 15 to 14, which reduces a body shot burst from 75 to 70. The Prowler and the L-Star have also been made more expensive in Arenas.
Respawn has promised to make a balancing pass next week, so expect to see some legend and weapon changes. Balance Designer John Larson has teased that we’re likely to see some much needed Rampage nerfs next week too.
Apex Legends: Emergence
The Apex Legends Season 10: Emergence patch notes are finally here, and they contain lots of little golden nuggets about the state of play heading into the new season. Before we get into the nitty gritty though, make sure to check out the guides below for further details:
- Apex Legends Seer abilities
- Apex Legends ranked Season 10
- Apex Legends Arenas ranked
- Apex Legends Season 10 map changes
Here are the Apex Legends: Emergence patch notes in full:
Quality of Life changes
- Added a new badge for win streaks (2, 3, 4, or 5 wins in a row)
- Added a “Hold on” response to enemy pings
- Added distinct sound to the Gold Backpacks revive
- Updated the Heirloom Store for better item visibility
- Updated Open Pack Button to show how many packs of each type are available to open.
- Motherlode ultimate: Enemies caught inside the ring of fire are now revealed to Fuse’s team
- Knuckle Cluster: Explosion duration increased by 100%
- Grenadier: can be toggled on and off to throw ordnance normally
- Black Hole: The slow after the initial pull has been reduced
- Gravity Lift: The speed of the lift has been increased to a “happy medium” between 9/1 and Legacy values
- Death Totem: A visual and audio cue has been added when the Totem protection is about to end. This can be heard by other players. A brief slow has also been added for post-recall.
- Nox Gas Trap: Cooldown reduced from 25 seconds to 20. Gas damage also now starts at five and increases by one every other tick.
- Nox Gas Grenade: Cooldown reduced to three and a half minutes to three. The duration of the ultimate has also been reduced from 20 seconds to 15.
Supply drop rotation
In Supply Drops for Season 10, you’ll find the M600 Spitfire instead of the Prowler. The Spitfire will alternate in drops with the Alternator SMG.
The Boosted Loader will join the roster for the Hemlok and the Wingman which will boost reload speeds for players reloading close to empty. You might even get a few extra rounds in if you’re lucky too.
The Anvil Reciever and the Quickdraw Holster are being vaulted for Season 10.
Fully kitted rotation
In Season 10, you’ll only find the following guns fully kitted out:
- Charge Rifle
Reload speed will no longer be tied to magazines and will now be tied to stocks. This is a concerted effort by Respawn to increase the value of stocks among players.
In line with these changes, marksman rifles take sniper stocks instead of tactical stocks. This will increase stability and reduce sway.
The L-Star now takes Energy Magazines, as well as barrels for recoil reduction. The Projectile VFX scale has been reduced by roughly half, its hipfire spread increased, and first-person on-hit effect intensity reduced.
Light machine guns
The headshot multiplier for all LMGS has been reduced from 2.0 to 1.75. The limbshot multiplier for all LMGs has however been increased from 0.75 to 0.85.
The handling time for all pistols has been reduced by roughtly 10% to compensate for the removal of the Quickdraw Holster hop up. The dev team says it’ll continue to monitor their performance over the course of Emergence.
This gun returns to floor loot for this season without the Select Fire hop up. As such the time between burst has been increased from 0.2 to 0.4.
The Spitfire is now a supply weapon and it’s been made more powerful. Its damage has been increased from 18 to 19, the hip fire spread is back to pre-nerf Season 8 values, and the purple mag size has been increased from 50 to 55.
The Disruptor Rounds make a return in Season 10 and they come equipped on Supply Drop Alternators. This ammo type increases shield damage by 40% and can only be found for this gun.
The 30-30 might be a beast, but it has a slow reload. Now with stock reloads, you’ll find things a bit easier.
The EVA-8 has been nerfed to bring it more in line with the other shotguns and, as such, it has a significantly reduced bolt fire-rate scaling for each rarity tier.
Arenas ranked is being introduced with this season, so a load of changes have been made to the mode. Now the Prowler and Rampage replace the Alternator and Spitfire in the Care Package shop. The prices of several guns have also been changed, as have the starting charges of several legends.
- L-Star: Lvl 1: 100 -> 150, Lvl 2: 200 -> 250, Lvl 3: 300-350
- 30-30: Lvl 1: 200 -> 150
- Bocek: Base: 600 -> 500
- Charge Rifle: Base 700 -> 600, Lvl 1: 250 -> 200, Lvl 2, 300 -> 200, Lvl 3: 400 -> 450
- EVA-8: Base: 300 -> 350
- Mastiff: Base: 400 -> 350
- Peacekeeper: Base: 500 -> 350
- Fuse: Knuckle Cluster: 75 -> 100
- Horizon’s Gravity Lift: Starting charges reduced from two to one
- Mirage’s Psyche Out: Starting charges reduced from three to two
- Bloodhound free scans: Reduced from three to two
There are lots of bug fixes in the Season 10 update, so feel free to check those out in full here.