Do you love all things entertainment? Are you a sucker for a gripping film or a great game? Then we might have the job for you. Network N is looking to hire a new publisher to help support the teams of The Loadout, Pocket Tactics, and The Digital Fix.
While PCGamesN, PCGameBenchmark, and Wargarmer will be looked after by another publisher (you can find that job role right here), the expectations are the same. We’re after an industry veteran who can work with the Publishing Director and each of the brand editors to develop and execute new growth strategies, drive awareness of the sites, manage budgets, and train site editors to the highest possible standards.
You’d also be expected to manage each of the site editors and provide regular guidance, feedback, and pastoral care in fortnightly 1:1s, as well as work with the Sales Team, the Creative Studio, and the Ecommerce team to achieve objectives set for each quarter.
All candidates are encouraged to apply, though we’re particularly eager to hear from BIPOC, LGBTQA+, and other underrepresented backgrounds.
You can find out more about the multiformat and entertainment Publisher role below.
Publisher – Multiformat & Entertainment
Location: Hybrid (minimum expectation of two days per week in Bath)
Salary: £50k plus bonus scheme
Closing date: January 23, 2021 – we reserve the right to close this advert early (apply here)
Manage the editorial teams of The Loadout, Pocket Tactics, and The Digital Fix, and oversee new launches or acquisitions in multiformat and entertainment.
Work with the Publishing Director and brand editors to develop growth-focused editorial strategies, and ensure their successful execution. Liaise with the Sales Team, Creative Studio, Ecommerce, and other members of the Publishing Management Team in order to achieve the department’s overall objectives, both editorial and commercial.
You will be responsible for:
- Working with brand editors to grow traffic in line with agreed targets
- Working with the Publishing Director to develop, refine, and ensure the execution of brand strategies for Pocket Tactics, The Digital Fix, and The Loadout
- Representing the brands to clients, PRs, publishers, and other relevant parties, with a particular focus on driving awareness of them and boosting stature
- Staying abreast of, and regularly researching, competitors in order to identify gaps in the market and opportunities to gain audience share
- Working with the Sales Team to drive new business and identify opportunities, including the proactive pitching and delivery of commercial programmes
- Liaising with Creative Studio and the Sales Team to ensure the successful delivery of sponsored content campaigns
- Working with the Head of Audience Development and video team to deliver profitable video content across the brands
- Working with the Ecommerce Editor to maximise revenue and opportunities across the brands
- Identifying and pitching opportunities to develop tool sites around existing brand content as well as forthcoming games and products
- Ensuring adherence to brand guidelines and maintaining a high bar for quality across The Loadout, The Digital Fix, and Pocket Tactics
- Managing the site editors and providing guidance, feedback, and pastoral care both in weekly 1:1 meetings and ad-hoc
- Managing brand budgets
- Keeping abreast of SEO and publishing trends and best practices
- Training and developing our site editors, deputy editors, and cell leaders to the highest possible standards
- Other tasks as requested by the Publishing Director
You will be expected to:
- Grow site traffic
- Ensure consistently high editorial standards across all published content
- Provide pastoral care and fortnightly 1:1s with brand editors
- Run monthly cell meetings with the teams
- Occasionally sub-edit copy, as well as create documentation
- Scope and facilitate the delivery of at least one major editorial commercial programme per quarter
- Forecast and manage departmental budgets
- Recruit, onboard, and train new editorial teams as required
- Use the company’s workflow tools correctly and effectively, including Asana, GSuite, etc.
You will have/be:
- Substantial and demonstrable experience in senior editorial roles
- A demonstrable track record for improving and growing online brands
- Experience managing editorial teams and budgets
- Experience of working with or within a sales team
- Experience of successfully delivering promoted content work
- Knowledge of online publishing best practises and SEO
- High editorial standards, exceptional organisation, and a keen eye for detail
- Proactivity and strong work ethic
- A passion for videogames, TV, and movies
- Must be able to produce proof of right to work in the UK by the start of employment
The job comes with a whole host of company perks too, including a profit share scheme, a private medical plan through Vitality, and things like Techscheme and Cyclescheme.
If this sounds right up your street, make sure to send your CV and cover letter to our careers team via this link. It’s also worth remembering that we’re also looking for a PC publisher to help out our PC-focused sister sites.
Best of luck!